Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    I have playing around with this in my heads for the fun of it. I have survived most of my life without a dual and couple probably go much more if I need to. Most people don't end up marrying their dual either.

As much as I do favor duality, I think a sobering or alternate look at it can be helpful.

I want to take on a different perspective for the hell of it. Do we NEED duality? Is duality always the best? Are there drawbacks to duality that nobody talks about?
    No, no you don't. What you need is a healthy attachment style as that is what really affects the quality of your interpersonal relationships. Fix that and the rest follows suit.

That said you will subconsciously seek it out and draw it onto yourself subconsciously as well. A healthy ILI will seek out a healthy SEE. Now perhaps he hits upon and gets serious about a romantic relationship with an LSI instead or, god forbid, an ESE. He's going to go into those feeling pretty good, but may feel a bit needy with the former and might feel a bit miffed by extended periods of being in the presence of the ESE if he was being honest with himself (though he probably won't know why exactly). That won't matter overmuch though because that's him nitpicking over an otherwise wonderful person/relationship. Even if your conflictor pisses you off on the subconscious level you still feel their bond/love towards you on that same level and that will overcome the rage inducing incidents of them being utterly blind and stupid to how things actually work/ought to be from both points of view.

Your dual is in the same boat BTW. You are naturally drawn to them and they naturally draw the likes of you towards them. It ain't an exact science but more often than not you'll end up with your dual romantically and become the closest of friends with those who are your dual. Assuming, again, you lack attachment issues. If you have them, well, socionics won't help you solve them and as I've only recently happened upon their existence I have only just begun to try and form a synthesis that puts them into consideration in this context.

For example, what does a broken vs. a healthy given type look like? I can only speak for my own so I'd need healthy example of the others. Not easy to find as these issues are a very recent discovery in actual psychology and a thing the PTB probably knew about and did all it could to ensure it never gained or gains traction in the mainstream as it is the key to fucking them over permanently. For instance, how do I describe my relationship with God? I'd say it's the same as the relationship between a healthy father and his newborn son/daughter. The fact I have to go out of my way to define what that looks like and don't know how to do so off the top of my head is a manifestation/testament of just how far this current world has fallen into evil. We're at the nadir folks, the lowest point, the apex of the devil's hour.

Fortunately, those of us who keep the faith know that while the Devil has his hour, God has his day​. The dawn approaches folks. Don't despair and fall to the wicked ones when we're all so close to a glorious new dawn.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Your dual is in the same boat BTW. You are naturally drawn to them and they naturally draw the likes of you towards them. It ain't an exact science but more often than not you'll end up with your dual romantically and become the closest of friends with those who are your dual. Assuming, again, you lack attachment issues. If you have them, well, socionics won't help you solve them and as I've only recently happened upon their existence I have only just begun to try and form a synthesis that puts them into consideration in this context.
    I wouldn't say people are naturally drawn to their duals. If someone has had no to minimum exposure to their duals they may very well go after people who they know they get along well with. For instance, I've never really gotten close to any SEI, and while I do believe that I would interact with them better than I would an IEE, I've had enough good interactions with IEE's to be willing to try to date them. The thing with being "healthy" is that while it is a requirement for any successful relationship, two healthy conflictors will still get along badly when left to try to communicate together, and the only way to stop that bad interaction is to admit that it's there and try to build around. The problem with that though is in a very close relationship, people should not be trying very hard to establish good relations. It takes alot of time and energy that could be used on other, more fulfilling things to maintain a conflictor relationship than a dual.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    No, no you don't. What you need is a healthy attachment style as that is what really affects the quality of your interpersonal relationships. Fix that and the rest follows suit.

That said you will subconsciously seek it out and draw it onto yourself subconsciously as well. A healthy ILI will seek out a healthy SEE. Now perhaps he hits upon and gets serious about a romantic relationship with an LSI instead or, god forbid, an ESE. He's going to go into those feeling pretty good, but may feel a bit needy with the former and might feel a bit miffed by extended periods of being in the presence of the ESE if he was being honest with himself (though he probably won't know why exactly). That won't matter overmuch though because that's him nitpicking over an otherwise wonderful person/relationship. Even if your conflictor pisses you off on the subconscious level you still feel their bond/love towards you on that same level and that will overcome the rage inducing incidents of them being utterly blind and stupid to how things actually work/ought to be from both points of view.

For example, what does a broken vs. a healthy given type look like? I can only speak for my own so I'd need healthy example of the others. Not easy to find as these issues are a very recent discovery in actual psychology and a thing the PTB probably knew about and did all it could to ensure it never gained or gains traction in the mainstream as it is the key to fucking them over permanently. For instance, how do I describe my relationship with God? I'd say it's the same as the relationship between a healthy father and his newborn son/daughter. The fact I have to go out of my way to define what that looks like and don't know how to do so off the top of my head is a manifestation/testament of just how far this current world has fallen into evil. We're at the nadir folks, the lowest point, the apex of the devil's hour.

Fortunately, those of us who keep the faith know that while the Devil has his hour, God has his day​. The dawn approaches folks. Don't despair and fall to the wicked ones when we're all so close to a glorious new dawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    I wouldn't say people are naturally drawn to their duals. If someone has had no to minimum exposure to their duals they may very well go after people who they know they get along well with. For instance, I've never really gotten close to any SEI, and while I do believe that I would interact with them better than I would an IEE, I've had enough good interactions with IEE's to be willing to try to date them. The thing with being "healthy" is that while it is a requirement for any successful relationship, two healthy conflictors will still get along badly when left to try to communicate together, and the only way to stop that bad interaction is to admit that it's there and try to build around. The problem with that though is in a very close relationship, people should not be trying very hard to establish good relations. It takes alot of time and energy that could be used on other, more fulfilling things to maintain a conflictor relationship than a dual.
    I'm the child of married conflictors who've been together 41 years and married 36 years on October 5th. Do yourself a favor and do not marry your conflictor under aby circumstances, even if you're both well. Both my parents are Christians but each absolutely lights up when speaking with someone they are NOT married to. I love my folks but they argue by their very nature and nothing one says, calms the other down. I can't speak for conflictor friendships but, ime, the marriages sucks absolute ass.

An interesting thing about duality is the nonverbal communication. The fact simple glance is read relatively well by the other. In socionics, they call it "rest". To me, socionics is like driving a car. There are fundamentals but, while driving, improvisation can be key.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    I'm the child of married conflictors who've been together 41 years and married 36 years on October 5th. Do yourself a favor and do not marry your conflictor under aby circumstances, even if you're both well. Both my parents are Christians but each absolutely lights up when speaking with someone they are NOT married to. I love my folks but they argue by their very nature and nothing one says, calms the other down. I can't speak for conflictor friendships but, ime, the marriages sucks absolute ass.

An interesting thing about duality is the nonverbal communication. The fact simple glance is read relatively well by the other. In socionics, they call it "rest". To me, socionics is like driving a car. There are fundamentals but, while driving, improvisation can be key.
    I also have conflictor parents, and you are absolutely right. Neither of them seems particularly unhealthy from the outside, but slowly together they've deteriorated.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    I also have conflictor parents, and you are absolutely right. Neither of them seems particularly unhealthy from the outside, but slowly together they've deteriorated.
    My parents are super-ego and won't meet or talk to each other but in court. Maybe we don't need duals but there is no way anyone needs bad ITRs.