Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE View Post
    At this point, does anyone think it's anyone besides Brian as the murderer?
    i don't think so, bc i'm awful i listened to some news vids last night and was getting the idea that "person of interest" often = suspect without probable cause (they have to find the probable cause, but they know where to look - right at him). he doesn't behave at any point in a way consistent with what he says this relationship with GP is - that she's the love of his life. i think the authorities know that. he is at least behaving like someone who has below average concern for others - for instance, it's heartless to leave GP's family hanging, it's awful to put a whole bunch of people through all the time it took to find her body and search for him, it's selfish to put his own family through this, etc. it's like to him he is way more special than everyone else; he is worth the suffering of thousands of people as long as he'll be safe/free. he must have an incredible justification in his mind.

he uses GP as a shield when talking to moab police, i can tell it's more important to him that he look blameless. this comes in with the first anxious question: "did you talk to gabrielle?" it wasn't asked (by my read) out of concern for her well being but out of concern about what she may have told them, and he's fishing just as little as he can for a clue, because he wants to get out of this altercation with police. GP otoh when interviewed by police is resigned. they might charge her with domestic violence, she knows, and if that is the case and she's guilty so be it. she did slap him. i can tell i believe what she says, but with his account i know each thing has to be questioned. like did she really grab the steering wheel? how much of a mad woman is she lol. it's like he does appear victim-like, but he's so quick on his feet seeming too. she is slow, she lets the police direct where she stands with total passivity. he's highly self-protective, and when push comes to shove, he will not protect her, he will throw her to the wolves. there is a fragile delicate thing he needs to protect, and it's himself lol.

ahem i guess there is one narrow possible scenario in which BL's innocent, which would be hard to believe. it would be that he drove off in the van leaving her in the park after another fight and she was promptly discovered by someone even worse (and stupider) than him who got her to give him her phone password and delighted in pretending to be her on her phone after he killed her for seemingly no reason lol (and despite how the phone can be tracked as long as it's on). he just left her body in an easy to find place bc that makes sense, and therefore as BL was driving around trying to find her again he actually, out of the blue, succeeded. then he panicked thinking there was no way the authorities wouldn't think he did it and started behaving like a fugitive. lol. it's really far fetched. but i kinda wondered if he told his parents some bizarre story like this. i haven't watched anything with the family so i have no read on what kind of idiots they are. because like @reverie says there is no future for them on this path and their sacrifice is almost meaningless. they have screwed themselves over royally.

ETA: i agree with the covert narcissism, sense of entitlement observations. and that probably in his mind he feels like a victim. everything he did was in self-defense of his fragile ego when things got to the point he couldn't cope.
    Last edited by marooned; 09-23-2021 at 03:52 PM.