Thread: Sugar daddy/ sugar baby relationships

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that it might be empowering, but monetizing sex / romance damages people's ability to have long-term relationships. Or maybe I'm just getting old (but not old enough to be a sugar daddy, heh).

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    I get that it might be empowering, but monetizing sex / romance damages people's ability to have long-term relationships. Or maybe I'm just getting old (but not old enough to be a sugar daddy, heh).
    if one goes through the cynicism gateway, most of the pain is in the passage at first... on the other end "the dark side" is fun, because the mocking and destroying of ideals one once held dear feels liberating... the emptiness when it stretches long enough will lead one towards an exit again, and if they still are alive enough there should be enough juice left for a rebirth, as though all the black around one's heart can be shed just like that! as though it was only loosely held, a slimy coating that can always slip right off. or, even if one has forgotten themselves, they can heal about it cathartic-ly later as years of wasted drama (even if the drama was more self-numbing but within a context of self-destruction) always feel worth it when they lead to a shattering realization about why one did this to themselves.

but through the cynicism gateway, relationships are just games anyway, painful games. so probably a "business arrangement" is preemptive pain management.