Hybrid View

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The extent of "socionability" and disorders

Because of the last few threads on depression, I think it's imperative to discuss a concern if there hasn't been a thread on it already. At what point can Socionics not predict psychological complexes, issues with character, among other disorders? Like any "grand" typology or personality system, Socionics gets misused by over ascribing certain aspects of the TIM to aforementioned possible traits. Whenever I see someone say, for example, such Information Element or whatever type is autism or autism is a certain IE or TIM, I cringe. It makes absolutely no sense and spending just a few minutes observing can show the falseness such a ludicrous statement.

Assuming there is a singular principle to instill, there needs to be a way to distinguish Socionics and its relation to disorderd traits, both in terms of cause and simultaneous formulation (for example a type causing autism or making autism manifest in a certain way).

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're Ne dual seeking. <3

idk the health of a person- is complicated. Before he robbed a gas station and got sent to prison like a stereotypical SLE - my main SLE crush ((this is a different guy than the other person I talked about lol)) seemed to be so boyish, fragile and nice. Just very kind and warm-hearted. Not just to me, but to almost everybody.

Naively I would think he wouldn't be so violent like that when I first knew him - but I've been told it was a mixture of living with parents who were too indifferent and didn't care, and him being a middle child- not being able to accept ambiguities about his sexuality etc. Wanting to prove that he was "tough" and not just a shy nextdoor boy type etc. And I think a large part of it he wasn't properly dualized growing up with Ni - so he started to have a lot of the dark fantasies of IEI but also with the 4D Se ego to realistically carry them out. He loved reading spiritual books that were Ni-ish- but it's like I didn't see anybody encourage this enough in him over the years. Even though for him I think this was such a positive thing. Everybody just ignored it... and there's just all these little Ne things can drive a person to be 'Unhealthy.'

At the same token I know another SLE in construction work who makes very good money and is just normal, dopey and satisfied with life and doesn't have any complexes - at least nothing that would ever get him in trouble with the *gasp* 'Te authorities!' It seems kinda boring lol but yeah he's well-adusted. He'll just sorta confidently brag about how much money he makes etc.

I know for me it's weird because I've been treated so well in some areas and such shitty in others depending on who I am with that if you are around clashing valued functions too much it can drive you crazy or put you into a zombie like state. As much as I want to be a person that's treated fairly and 'in the middle' - in reality I've accepted that I'm more of a person that people either love or hate. So I'm either worshipped or bullied a lot. Fi is so interesting that way- can anybody really ever truly be objective and cool with anybody else or are we all just a bunch of stupid Fi airheads?

I don't know if I answered your question- but it's sorta like that fable about how drops in a bucket define who we are and not so much the 'big pours' and maybe that one tiny little Ne detail was that thing that drove the person over the edge to do something to have a diagnosis and 'be a problem for society' - and some people I think are just born with certain shit and it cannot be fixed yet by our current neurologists. and the natural type stuff just enhances these things at times.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just see it as something that goes in one direction and not the other...

you could talk about the way for instance 4d Fi types are prone to <whatever internal emo issues and mood issues> in the context of how to manage the demonstrative or compare to the same info element as leading function. even if all the 4d Fi types go on and on about how depressed and sad they all are, that doesn't mean it's possible to flip it around to being depressed/sad correlates to 4d Fi, or the like. (even though there is a loose connection - but that's understanding that it's just one of many, many things in the world correlated to being sad/depressed)

so i feel like it's more about not taking it too far rather than trying to flesh out how socionics correlates with particular "disorders," which is kinda an impossible task anyway, except for fun

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We'd need to understand the scope of socionics to answer this question.

In general you're probably safe assuming none of it is foretold by socionics

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do people here read Psychological Types? Jung mentions explicitly disturbances for every type. It's related to imbalace base-suggestive.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 09-08-2021 at 06:20 AM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Do people here read Psychological Types?
    I think you know the answer to that.

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd try to read it again, but I'd rather have mommy Aushra sift thru the Beta NF schizo babble then spoon feed me the , choo choo~!!!!

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Do people here read Psychological Types? Jung mentions explicitly disturbances for every type. It's related to imbalace base-suggestive.
    Legit, some disorders are probably some screwiness with 1 and 5. But, some serious disorders like autism... umm. no. As said, what such imbalances can encompass needs to explored.