Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
Yes, @Scarlett, I am you. I am future you. The guy who married an SLI whom I thought would fix some very broken parts of my life and she did, while throwing cement blocks in my path to my own personal development. SLI's like their mates to be infantiles, remember.

I'm the guy whose greatest regret now is that he didn't marry an ESI. I have more than I need of everything else in my life and you will, too. What I'm missing is a reason for living, which is what an ESI naturally supplies to the LIE. God, do they.

So, future you says, make damned sure that your next squeeze is an ESI. Not all ESIs are the same. I think they actually have just about the widest variance of any type, so plan to run through a dozen or so before you find your equal.

Oh, and SLIs are not a great match for LIEs in bed. They can get technically OK, but they are nothing like an ESI who wants you.

Godspeed.
This exchange reminded me of a Manga I just got done reading that also is currently getting an anime adaptation. The MC's are on my own ILI/SEE axis but it should still resonate. I'd look up "Taishou Otome Otogibanashi" if I were you.

Also relevant because the Father of the ILI male lead is a broken ILI himself. Sees everyone and everything in regards to transactions and exchanges. I won't spoil anything else because it's good and worth the few hours of time it'll take to read it. 38 or so manga chapters isn't very long. Basically a "novella" from the pulp era. A single issue of "The Shadow" that Walter B. Gibson pumped out on a bi-monthly basis (a writing speed any aspiring author with any ambition hopes to match one day).