Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
I'm not interested in advertising myself like a car. I don't want to think of my partner that way, and I wouldn't want her to think of me that way. When you start deciding who is or isn't acceptable to you based on such impersonal characteristics you begin to devalue what really matters. And when you devalue these things in others you begin to devalue them in yourself. Using dating apps reduces you as a person.
Very true, but in today's world it's rather difficult to meet people who are interested. Where do you go? Do you just drive by and hit on the first hot chick ya see walking on the sidewalk? Hit up a bar?

If I had to use a dating app I wouldn't advertise all that much. I'd just post an honest picture of myself and say: "Come meet me and get to know me in person if you're interested in marriage and children. Not interested in 'hook-ups'. Be serious or look elsewhere" Straightforward and to the point. A clear and logical expectation with minimal advertisement. If she asks for my job and shit I say: "I'll tell ya everything you wanna know, but only in person. Where and when do you want to meet?"

That'll screen out 90% of all the crazy chicks and that's the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
Of course you can try, but who would believe it? Your own impression of yourself is of dubious merit. What you do and how you characteristically act is more valuable and more difficult to fake.
Especially given what women tend to advertise as "Average" body type. Yeah, average for Wal-Mart after midnight more often than not if ya catch my meaning. Also, the longer the "ad" the more fucked up they are as a person (goes for both genders). Long ass descriptions and/or detailed lists of expectations are cover for deep seated attachment issues. You can try to fix them if you want, but know what you're getting into. It's gonna take a lot of effort and patience on your part (assuming you lack those issues) to get them to the point where they're normal.

Not that it can't be worth it because that process will grant the relationship a very deep level of intimacy, but again, know what you're getting into.