Thread: Adventures in Dating

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    I'd like to share my experience and get some advice from a Socionics/psychological perspective

Other than those, pretty much all the women I've known who were remotely interested in me were Beta (even when I was submissive). Alpha SF women in general don't seem interested in me. I dunno what to make out of this as I'm most certainly not Beta.
    But on the bright side, gay ESE dudes like to slap my ass. So life's still good.

I can see why the Beta women are interested in you. A lot of beta women seem to be attracted to Alpha NT.

To attract Alpha SF women, you need to show more obvious Ne. That and obvious “openness”. You have no issue attracting Beta women so your not throwing Te around which is good. But, you are showing obvious Se role that alpha women don’t really like. We’re Se ignoring so I don’t like it when someone comes around swinging it.

Honestly, I find you “attractive” on here as I enjoy your obvious Ti and those glimpse of openness with Ne. It’s soothing and attractive to me naturally. So if you can, maybe show less of that Se role and show more of The Banana King on here.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    I can see why the Beta women are interested in you. A lot of beta women seem to be attracted to Alpha NT.

To attract Alpha SF women, you need to show more obvious Ne. That and obvious “openness”. You have no issue attracting Beta women so your not throwing Te around which is good. But, you are showing obvious Se role that alpha women don’t really like. We’re Se ignoring so I don’t like it when someone comes around swinging it.

Honestly, I find you “attractive” on here as I enjoy your obvious Ti and those glimpse of openness with Ne. It’s soothing and attractive to me naturally. So if you can, maybe show less of that Se role and show more of The Banana King on here.
    Wow, thanks. I just find it hard to use Ne so naturally in front of people. It's hard to tell if people appreciate it or not, as it doesn't "influence" people and the environment in an obvious way as Se does.
    What do you mean by "glimpse of openness"? And I never thought my Ti was that obvious but maybe it is hahah.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    Wow, thanks. I just find it hard to use Ne so naturally in front of people. It's hard to tell if people appreciate it or not, as it doesn't "influence" people and the environment in an obvious way as Se does.
    What do you mean by "glimpse of openness"? And I never thought my Ti was that obvious but maybe it is hahah.
    No problem! I see your Ti bro. I see it and it’s reinforced by the flocks of Fe values coming at yeah trying to tie ya down
    I like Ne observations, even if they are off the wall wacky. I love hearing Ne/Ti tangents and I find them thrilling! Aka, I find ILE and LII aren’t afraid to look stupid and be silly. Se types tend to have a stick up their butt in this sense (no Offense). They focus on being more “assertive and dominating” to the point it’s controlling and I don’t like that. The openness is that your not afraid to look silly and that your not afraid to keep loose reigns. I like men who are loose with the reigns as that caretaker side tends to pop up. I hope this make sense and helps! Just, don’t be afraid to be silly and show you’re Ne a bit more! It’s attractive!
    Last edited by MissDucki; 09-08-2021 at 11:03 PM. Reason: My spelling....

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    No problem! I see your Ti bro. I see it and it’s reinforced by the flocs of Fe values coming at yeah trying to tie ya down
    I like Ne observations, even if they are off the wall wacky. I love hearing Ne/Ti tangents and I find them thrilling! Aka, I find ILE and LII aren’t afraid to look stupid and be silly. She types tend to have a stick up their butt in this sense (no Offenes). They focus on being more “assertive and dominating” to the point it’s controlling and I don’t like that. The openness is that your not afraid to look silly and that your not afraid to keep loose reigns. I like men who are loose with the reigns as that caretaker side tends to pop up. I hope this make sense and helps! Just, don’t be afraid to be silly and show you’re Ne a bit more! It’s attractive!
    Thanks for the advice! Oh now I understand what you mean by openness. I guess Ne egos in general have that, yeah. Or should I say every type has openness as a kid and Ne egos are the only ones that don't lose it after growing up

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dating as an adult in the workforce is so much harder than dating while in college or high school :/
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Dating as an adult in the workforce is so much harder than dating while in college or high school :/
    @AWellArmedCat, I didn't date at all in high school or college, and I've dated a lot as an adult (after college), and let me just say that the more I date, the easier it gets and the more comfortable I become, and as time goes on it becomes harder to find someone who is still single and is capable of being in a relationship.

The normal and the good get taken pretty quickly.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @AWellArmedCat, I didn't date at all in high school or college, and I've dated a lot as an adult (after college)
    Omg are you me lol

I dated only when I was in my first year of uni, after that I didn't date at all until I graduated and got a job.
    I was just super busy in uni, but I did hangout casually, everyone seemed to think I had a boyfriend. Lol

By the way.

There's this guy that I thought an SLI, I think I've posted a few times on the forum.
    He seems organised (he's a pilot afterall), and he's also a training capt, which means he has good judgements about his colleagues, things like that. He's really, really kind and down to earth, you get the warmth vibe when you talk to him. I didn't get the same vibe around other colleagues. I think I've posted on some other threads we all work in the same industry so I meet lots of them. And he's very well respected, it's funny I liked to mention his name when I talked to the other boys and they're all like "oh he's a good guy". Always. At first I just don't care, but now I'm getting interested lol like why he's so special.

Anyway. Him and I, we're pretty close, we get along really well. And last night I just found out he actually wanted to be a vet when he was younger. But then he was watching something on tv about a vet pulling out guinea pig's teeth, and he just couldn't do that, he didn't want to hurt guinea pigs or any animal, he imagined them just like us human.
    I was like WTF. That doesn't sound rational at all, all this time I thought you were an SLI!
    Hahaha.

So we connect really well, I can see he has Te/Fi, because I usually don't connect that well with someone using Fe/Ti, it's just different.
    And with all his kindness and warmth, maybe he's really an F? Which means he's either an ESI or SEI