Thread: Adventures in Dating

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I've been kind of dating this Dual woman for a year and a half and we get along pretty well. Almost exactly as Duals are described as getting along. However, she texted me a week ago and said she isn't ready for a relationship........
    ESIs usually have already found alternate relationships and tested them somewhat before they make such announcements. They tend to think about leaving months/years before but often don't thoroughly investigate the ship into which they're jumping. Many want out of their ho-hum lives and are good a blaming others for their plights but often don't look very far down the road. I've met a few who've gone from the pan to the fire.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    ESIs usually have already found alternate relationships and tested them somewhat before they make such announcements. They tend to think about leaving months/years before but often don't thoroughly investigate the ship into which they're jumping. Many want out of their ho-hum lives and are good a blaming others for their plights but often don't look very far down the road. I've met a few who've gone from the pan to the fire.

a.k.a. I/O
    I think I tend to loosely commit to an exclusive relationship until it either goes full-on or full-off, so I can understand the mindset of a Dual who wants to keep her options open.

This is not an ideal approach to relationships, though, and it would seriously worry me if it weren’t for the fact that I was in a fully-committed relationship (at least, from my perspective) for many years.

I did it once, I can do it again with the right person.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This woman on Match “liked” me.

She’s eighteen years younger than me, has a graduate degree and is a lawyer.

She sent me a greeting; “Hi.” Brief and noncommittal.

She’s obviously an ESI e9.