Results 1 to 33 of 33

Thread: talanov questionnaire

  1. #1
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-D
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default talanov questionnaire

    Here it is, best test I know is finally out again.
    Take it, it's only 584 questions.
    If you have no idea how to send it back after completing it just send it in this thread and I'll send it for you. Export in excel format, all other instructions in the spreadsheet.
    Attachment in .zip file, just uncompressed it and open one of the tests.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    roger557's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    524
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The sociotype.com one is better than that one. This one is also better http://www.socionictest.net/Test.aspx (the next best one)

  3. #3
    Aria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    TIM
    IEI Sx/So, VELF
    Posts
    477
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    The sociotype.com one is better than that one. This one is also better http://www.socionictest.net/Test.aspx (the next best one)
    This shows EIE nose-to-nose with IEI, with introversion higher than extraversion in the dichotomies, but somehow still labels me EIE. Looks like that's because of scoring strongly on emotional expressiveness. There were also a couple of Si questions that could have easily gone either way....

    fullsizeoutput_dbb.jpeg

    I've been told on the forum that I seem EII or SEI. I know I'm an introvert--hopelessly so--and resonate with 4D Fi. Having EIE and IEI nearly tied helps confirm IEI in my mind because I think this test captures my emotional Beta-ish nature better than how I come across on the forum.


    I want to go back and do that crazy-long one sometime @Baqer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aria; 09-02-2021 at 05:20 AM. Reason: attachment woes

  4. #4
    Aria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    TIM
    IEI Sx/So, VELF
    Posts
    477
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Glad it recognized LSE as my least possible type

  5. #5
    roger557's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    524
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    This shows EIE nose-to-nose with IEI, with introversion higher than extraversion in the dichotomies, but somehow still labels me EIE. Looks like that's because of scoring strongly on emotional expressiveness. There were also a couple of Si questions that could have easily gone either way....
    @Baqer
    It has a trick: the last type that it lists in the results is usually your conflictor.

  6. #6
    BaruchJorgell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Here it is, best test I know is finally out again.
    Take it, it's only 584 questions.
    If you have no idea how to send it back after completing it just send it in this thread and I'll send it for you. Export in excel format, all other instructions in the spreadsheet.
    Attachment in .zip file, just uncompressed it and open one of the tests.

    Thanks, I was very frustrated with the short Talanov test. What could come out of merely 160 questions ?

  7. #7
    MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe-C 6w7 Sp/sx
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I have time, I’ll give this a go. Hehehehehe I’m excited!

  8. #8
    The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    EIE-Fe 3w4 Sx/So
    Posts
    1,698
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I took one once, don't care to take a 500+ test to give me the same results lol. I got EIE.
    "I'ma rock the boat
    Work the middle 'til it hurt a little" - Kanye West
    ENFJ | EIE-Fe | WELP | 3w4 sx/so


  9. #9
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I did this 584 question test, the result was SLE and p-y type VFEL. Seems legit, I like Talanov's approach. Also the p-y type might also be right even though I had been considering VFLE that I got from some other tests.

  10. #10
    ━━━━━⊱⋆⊰━━━━━ reverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N 946 sp/so
    Posts
    2,375
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now I have to do it out of curiosity

    but I saw all the directions and I was intimidated.

    So maybe later lol

    this might take a while
    ·:*¨༺༻¨*:·.𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
    քɨռȶɛʀɛֆȶ
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  11. #11
    Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States, Northeast
    TIM
    Chameleon
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sweet Jesus, 584 questions. I guess the shortened inventory really was shortened.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    This shows EIE nose-to-nose with IEI, with introversion higher than extraversion in the dichotomies, but somehow still labels me EIE
    I thought i'd do it too, and funnily enough the same thing happened to me.... SEI & ESE are pretty much tied.... SEI pips it, but TI is my lowest function..... NE is way higher than TI.... and my reinins match ESE better in a lot of cases also.... extroversion/introversion is pretty much on the middle

    sei.JPG

    sei2.JPG


    (160 Q test)

  13. #13
    MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe-C 6w7 Sp/sx
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    I thought i'd do it too, and funnily enough the same thing happened to me.... SEI & ESE are pretty much tied.... SEI pips it, but TI is my lowest function..... NE is way higher than TI.... and my reinins match ESE better in a lot of cases also.... extroversion/introversion is pretty much on the middle

    sei.JPG

    sei2.JPG


    (160 Q test)

    Either way, you‘re an alpha. *Stamps head* Welcome to the Alpha army. In your bag will be your personal leotard and some directions to the best food in town. If you need anything, you know where to contact me.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Either way, you‘re an alpha. *Stamps head* Welcome to the Alpha army. In your bag will be your personal leotard and some directions to the best food in town. If you need anything, you know where to contact me.
    reporting for duty

  15. #15
    Aria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    TIM
    IEI Sx/So, VELF
    Posts
    477
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    I thought i'd do it too, and funnily enough the same thing happened to me.... SEI & ESE are pretty much tied.... SEI pips it, but TI is my lowest function..... NE is way higher than TI.... and my reinins match ESE better in a lot of cases also.... extroversion/introversion is pretty much on the middle

    sei.JPG

    sei2.JPG


    (160 Q test)
    Now to try the monster test!

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Now to try the monster test!
    Ha! I think that would be the end of me, trying to do that many questions.....

  17. #17
    Aria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    TIM
    IEI Sx/So, VELF
    Posts
    477
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    Ha! I think that would be the end of me, trying to do that many questions.....
    Yeah I'd have to do it in shifts, and it's debatable if I have that kind of dedication.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Yeah I'd have to do it in shifts, and it's debatable if I have that kind of dedication.
    I don't wanna discourage it.... I'll try it on the weekend.....although I just checked its excel, which i don't have on the personal laptop.... So I won't do it, but yeah other ppl should....

  19. #19
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-D
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    I don't wanna discourage it.... I'll try it on the weekend.....although I just checked its excel, which i don't have on the personal laptop.... So I won't do it, but yeah other ppl should....
    You can open it in google sheets

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    You can open it in google sheets
    You got me there... I guess i'll have to give it a go...lol

  21. #21
    thistle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    314
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I emailed my file through from an anonymous address as instructed and am curious about what will happen next
    @Baqer how long did it take for your test result to arrive?

    edit 4/9: My report came through with EII, but only 90 of the 130 character traits seemed accurate/typical of me - they expect a result over 70% for a profile to be defined correctly, and mine is borderline. There was a special note saying that my result is "a mixed intermediate type, which combines features of ESE, SEI, ESI and EII". It appears that I chose answers placed in the middle rather than at one extreme of a dichotomy, which has made it difficult to determine a type by test.

    In the Gulenko and Weisband tests along with this test I score ESI and that is the type I relate to more than the others. I would have over/underestimated myself for some of my answers to end up with a mixed result. It would be more accurate to ask a partner or family member to complete your questionnaire on your behalf and see how the result differs, if they are willing to answer so many questions.

    Still I think it's worthwhile to go through the process of deciding 1-5 for each question and then submitting feedback to help improve the test's reliability, even though it is tedious.

    I couldn't determine which questions assessed Ne, while Ni seemed obvious. There are surprise questions out of the blue which seem to pinpoint "secret" habits and idiosyncracies, which I thought was funny, and bitter food/drinks (my favourite) were a frequent topic - Se?


    report-opr_584-095.png
    Last edited by thistle; 09-03-2021 at 08:49 PM.

  22. #22
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-D
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I emailed my file through from an anonymous address as instructed and am curious about what will happen next
    @Baqer how long did it take for your test result to arrive?
    Depends what time you send it, shouldn't take more than a day and should be around 1-3 hours.

  23. #23
    The Banana King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    TIM
    ILE-Ti-H FLEV
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I did the test and just got back my report. Really unexpected results.

    My most likely sociotypes are ILI (~1.45) followed by ILE (~1.30) and SLE (~1.20). (Error: +-0.37, meaning any of those three is possible). LII, the only other type I thought I could be, had a negative score
    My most likely psyche yoga types are VLFE (0.82) followed by VLEF (0.77) and VFLE (0.77). FLEV and LFEV which are the types I normally consider had low/negative scores. Honestly I don't think I'm 1V. Perhaps I got a high V score from being individualistic or arrogant. But I don't consider myself strong-willed at all. Reading a few descriptions of these types, Socrates (VLEF) would fit best.
    My Te and Se were very high compared to the average test-taker. Which is also unexpected. I guess that would correspond to D subtype, but I can't see ILE-D or ILI-D as possible types

    Some of the questions were repetitive or weird. I think some of the nuance got lost in translation and it might have messed up my scores a bit. But if it has 500+ questions it should be pretty accurate, right? lol

  24. #24
    When? GeoRevival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    On my keyboard
    TIM
    ILE/LII
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Talanov is the king of the length. Hes website got long articles with long tables in them

  25. #25
    Sah Kel Plaisir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    TIM
    ILI-HC ? FLEV
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got EII>SEI>ILI and they ask me to choose between top 3 results because the S value is too low. I guess that I'm not mistyped, I wouldn't be surprised if I was typed ILI by G too.
    I got FLEV in psychosophy, quite a good fit.
    results.PNG

  26. #26
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-D
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sah Kel Plaisir View Post
    I got EII>SEI>ILI and they ask me to choose between top 3 results because the S value is too low. I guess that I'm not mistyped, I wouldn't be surprised if I was typed ILI by G too.
    I got FLEV in psychosophy, quite a good fit.
    results.PNG
    Honestly if i were you I'd focus much more on the list of like 130 personality traits it gives more than your type considering that the results seem to prove that your existence does not make any sense in socionics.

  27. #27
    Sah Kel Plaisir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    TIM
    ILI-HC ? FLEV
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Honestly if i were you I'd focus much more on the list of like 130 personality traits it gives more than your type considering that the results seem to prove that your existence does not make any sense in socionics.

    The 130 personality traits were 90% accurate.
    The description is quite similar to the RCUAI one on similar minds, the archetypes are very close : https://similarminds.com/global5/rcuai.html
    How would you type such a person in socionics ?

  28. #28
    The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    EIE-Fe 3w4 Sx/So
    Posts
    1,698
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I took this a long time ago and got EIE, and EIE is basically my type. I almost did this one but got bored really fast. After I learned my type I have never been able to finish a test.

    Here is my result, I think this was from a couple of years ago.

    ResultsTalanov.jpg
    "I'ma rock the boat
    Work the middle 'til it hurt a little" - Kanye West
    ENFJ | EIE-Fe | WELP | 3w4 sx/so


  29. #29
    MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe-C 6w7 Sp/sx
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How long will this be up? I’m on vaycay and I don’t have my laptop on me. I would rather do it on my laptop then my phone but I really really want to do it.

  30. #30
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-D
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sah Kel Plaisir View Post
    How would you type such a person in socionics ?
    You don't.

  31. #31
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-D
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    How long will this be up? I’m on vaycay and I don’t have my laptop on me. I would rather do it on my laptop then my phone but I really really want to do it.
    Idk exactly how long, though from what i remeber around like 3 months?

  32. #32
    Sah Kel Plaisir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    TIM
    ILI-HC ? FLEV
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    You don't.

    Why ?

  33. #33
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-D
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sah Kel Plaisir View Post
    Why ?
    The boundaries that make up socionic types don't make any sense when applied to you. Personalities are cross-sections of a million dimensions, socionics is just one way to divide them, and clearly from your results the fact that you don't land in any one type clearly make socionics a useless way to type you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •