Thread: Types You Hate That Aren't Your Conflictor.

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Its tunnel vision cause she wants to walk a path despite what her boss or society thinks of her choice. She's a gas station clerk so each time her nose is free she runs the risk of customers thinking she could get COVID.
    I see. Even with her seeming dead-set on her choice, I wonder if she encounters inner conflict each time she notices that a customer she serves appears to be uncomfortable with her not taking precautions (to keep herself and therefore society she is part of protected from further circulating the virus).

Providing a certain level of comfort and reassurance through reactions (Fe) and adjustments of behaviour would be something she is highly aware of when serving customers. It would take a strong inner conviction to resist reading the room.

About the other post you added to this thread - I've met people who have a similar way to you.
    They are good at summing things up, calling a person out when they see "tunnel vision", for example. A person is so and so, does so and so = end of story.

As an example: an old colleague of mine would not deny that there are underlying factors to someone's actions, but all the same he would not want to unpack it - to figure out what inspires a person to behave a certain way. What the behaviour eventuated in was all that was relevant to him. There was a threshold, and once that had been met he was not going to bother expanding on his opinion of a person.

Perhaps you could call that an attitude of indifference: when something(or someone) is no longer worth the expending of effort, negotiation, frustration, anger, hate.
    Truly, this seems like an exercise in saving time, but the thought of it makes me sad.

Sometimes I wonder if I misread your tone because of intertype differences. It isn't that I disagree with your points, though it could seem that way with my questioning. More like a cautious person observing someone decisive.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I see. Even with her seeming dead-set on her choice, I wonder if she encounters inner conflict each time she notices that a customer she serves appears to be uncomfortable with her not taking precautions (to keep herself and therefore society she is part of protected from further circulating the virus).

Providing a certain level of comfort and reassurance through reactions (Fe) and adjustments of behaviour would be something she is highly aware of when serving customers. It would take a strong inner conviction to resist reading the room.

About the other post you added to this thread - I've met people who have a similar way to you.
    They are good at summing things up, calling a person out when they see "tunnel vision", for example. A person is so and so, does so and so = end of story.

As an example: an old colleague of mine would not deny that there are underlying factors to someone's actions, but all the same he would not want to unpack it - to figure out what inspires a person to behave a certain way. What the behaviour eventuated in was all that was relevant to him. There was a threshold, and once that had been met he was not going to bother expanding on his opinion of a person.

Perhaps you could call that an attitude of indifference: when something(or someone) is no longer worth the expending of effort, negotiation, frustration, anger, hate.
    Truly, this seems like an exercise in saving time, but the thought of it makes me sad.

Sometimes I wonder if I misread your tone because of intertype differences. It isn't that I disagree with your points, though it could seem that way with my questioning. More like a cautious person observing someone decisive.
    I hear ya.

I don't know the context driving each person's actions.
    A person may have a cool ass reason for their choice though, if that person is an adult, they're ultimately responsible for their particular choices

I'll quote a certain film, "Every mortal responsible for their own destiny". Or if one prefers, "You reap what you sow". Aside from health issues, adults gotta make adult choices.

I might suggest she wear a shield. She's an Ni subtype & a shield could help if she has Fe concerns