Thread: Types You Hate That Aren't Your Conflictor.

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    LMFAOO the I burst out laughing right when I read the disclaimer .

What is Fi whiplash? Because I think we might be annoyed by the same thing.
    Fi whiplash: They can be really mean to you over something that personally offends them. Then the other minute expect you to be the best of friends. Your not allowed to leave them but they can leave you and come back when they want. Oh and sometimes they can remember the sweetest things but you don’t know when or why. Then other times you realize it was of manipulation to why they remember it to keep that bond there.

Disclaimer: Fi types are great most of the time. Most of my friends have been Fi users. Just it is hard as a Fe users sometimes and I really don’t understand it.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Fi whiplash: They can be really mean to you over something that personally offends them. Then the other minute expect you to be the best of friends. Your not allowed to leave them but they can leave you and come back when they want. Oh and sometimes they can remember the sweetest things but you don’t know when or why. Then other times you realize it was of manipulation to why they remember it to keep that bond there.

Disclaimer: Fi types are great most of the time. Most of my friends have been Fi users. Just it is hard as a Fe users sometimes and I really don’t understand it.

Ok YES, this is what I'm talking about. We will all be joking, everything will be fine, then all of the sudden they are going off on me for something I said. I treat it as a joke, thinking they couldn't be actually serious, and they get even more livid.

And the Si thing you said earlier with IEEs. Male IEEs hit my Si polr way more often than SEIs and SLIs. There was a guy that thought he was some style guru and would criticize almost every outfit I had. He dressed like a he shopped at the thrift store btw.

Some of the manipulation and coming in and out of peoples lives stuff I will stay silent on because I do that lol.

But if there is a big group of people and some Fi types are there, the flow will inevitably come to a screeching halt because we have to clarify something that was said because someone took it way too personally and the whole vibe gets weird and has to recover.

I love delta NFs they are usually really nice, cool, chill people. But there have been issues lol.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been guilty of this haha. Thing is, Fi an introverted and thus individual function, so that what offends one Fi valuer might not offend another. There is no way to know.
    Same way there are some Ti valuers that think quantum physics explains reality and others that Elon Musk is at the heart of a deep state conspiration that aims to use rockets to turn the Moon into a death star like weapon to turn all humans into slaves(real example, a IEI told me this, and he wasn't joking). It's like if you just say what you think in a Te way, there's always a chance of a Ti valuer wanting to lecture you about their weird worldview disconnected from facts.

Maybe the best thing is just to hang out with people who have the same convictions as you, whether about Fi or Ti? If they get too offended or disagree all the time, maybe it's best to just take some distance?

You must be very afraid of hurting some Fi types in here. It makes sense that your duals are like the complete opposite "I don't care if you're offended, that's your problem"

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    You must be very afraid of hurting some Fi types in here. It makes sense that your duals are like the complete opposite "I don't care if you're offended, that's your problem"
    I have a lot of Fi friends that I do adore and the Fi valuers/friends here are very sweet. I have my own opions about it but, just because I don't understand or value it doesn't mean I should be a dick about it lol. The SEI mediator values her good relations despite being an Alpha Tyrant I am a bit sensitive in that regard.

ILE men tend to be more like that then the ILE women. Someone has to smooth over relations so we can live somewhat comfortably lol

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Same way there are some Ti valuers that think quantum physics explains reality
    The whole dis-integrative <-> integrative nature of the quantum world that depends on the observer sounds very Ni. From an object relation perspective it is interesting and might encourage some sort of inclination to personalize one's own experience in an aesthetic Se suggestive way.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    The whole dis-integrative <-> integrative nature of the quantum world that depends on the observer sounds very Ni. From an object relation perspective it is interesting and might encourage some sort of inclination to personalize one's own experience in an aesthetic Se suggestive way.
    I believe that saying that the result of a quantum experiment depends on an observer is an incorrect interpretation of the facts.

But I’d have to reread some books to remind myself why.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I believe that saying that the result of a quantum experiment depends on an observer is an incorrect interpretation of the facts.

But I’d have to reread some books to remind myself why.
    Probably so from an objective standpoint. As I have noted it from Ni bases it does not really matter to them. You just have ask what if only subjective standpoint matters (Ni).

[The experiment observers the observer's experience thus he observer (Ni base) is the study subject in itself and therefore has its own blinding flaws. Or is there something else to this?]
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 08-31-2021 at 11:23 AM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    Not necessarily, I can see my own dominant working like that. Ne- = intuition of alternatives = "Schrödinger's cat is both dead and alive".
    But maybe it had less to do with than I thought?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not necessarily, I can see my own dominant working like that. Ne- = intuition of alternatives = "Schrödinger's cat is both dead and alive".
    But maybe it had less to do with than I thought?
    In this case the data is hidden and not directly observable [this would be Ne]. OTOH when the existence captures solipsistic essence (Heisenberg etc) it is as if you form the reality by choosing the observation point [Ni/Se]. Hah, this is more than coarse.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh, Fe types can do a similar thing. Fe and Fi are as nasty when they get this way. I guess we are less affected by one or the other depending which one we value. Don't mean to depreciate your experience, it's just that I can relate by switching Fi to Fe.
    I think it's impotant to mention it, tho it probably seems as coming out of nowhere in the middle of Fe types agreeing about Fi whiplash.
    And I'm honestly terrified of Fe backlash writting this. Probably over nothing, people are chill here, but I got hit badly in the past, like you described.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    Tbh, Fe types can do a similar thing. Fe and Fi are as nasty when they get this way. I guess we are less affected by one or the other depending which one we value. Don't mean to depreciate your experience, it's just that I can relate by switching Fi to Fe.
    I think it's impotant to mention it, tho it probably seems as coming out of nowhere in the middle of Fe types agreeing about Fi whiplash.
    And I'm honestly terrified of Fe backlash writting this. Probably over nothing, people are chill here, but I got hit badly in the past, like you described.
    Naw I get it. Don’t worry, I won’t go all Fe on you I think Fi types are able to avoid and maneuver their whiplash of their own type then the devalued type. While I do have 4D Fi and understand it pretty well, I still struggle with Fi feelers. Though, Fe values are still sometimes a mystery to me……I often forget how Fe can feel to Fi feelers. I hope you have some good Fi feelers around you more now and that you don’t have to deal with a lot of Fe whiplash going forward.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naw I get it. Don’t worry, I won’t go all Fe on you I think Fi types are able to avoid and maneuver their whiplash of their own type then the devalued type. While I do have 4D Fi and understand it pretty well, I still struggle with Fi feelers. Though, Fe values are still sometimes a mystery to me……I often forget how Fe can feel to Fi feelers. I hope you have some good Fi feelers around you more now and that you don’t have to deal with a lot of Fe whiplash going forward.
    Chill and nice.
    More than escaping Fe backlash, I'd prefer to be able to breeze through it. Bullet dodging à la matrix.