Thread: Types You Hate That Aren't Your Conflictor.

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Lol I can see how an LSI can be annoying. You're sister is ESI? How has having a sibling who is your conflictor affected how you interact with Fi types?
    I do okay with most Fi types or I know how to get along with them anyway. I avoid certain topics or I start changing the subject. When I was younger, I was pretty argumentative, but as I matured, I mellowed out.

I've become somewhat hand-shy around my ESI sister and her LSI husband. If I talk, I can irritate them. They're like a small Ne hating gang. They get loud when they don't agree with me, and I don't debate with people if they yell at me. I haven't experienced this with other LSI or ESI. Maybe I'm not around them enough to become irritating? I had one ESI boss I couldn't get along with, but I think she was deranged.

I guess you could say because of my ESI sister I remain more neutral around Fi types. Seems to work.
    Man grows used to everything, the scoundrel!

-Raskolnikov

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I've become somewhat hand-shy around my ESI sister and her LSI husband. If I talk, I can irritate them. They're like a small Ne hating gang. They get loud when they don't agree with me, and I don't debate with people if they yell at me.
    This guy yells at you? What does your sister do when this is happening?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy yells at you? What does your sister do when this is happening?
    They both get loud with me. It's hard to get any kind of shift in perspective from them. They don't agree, and apparently the volume in their voice wins the topic at hand.
    Man grows used to everything, the scoundrel!

-Raskolnikov

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    They both get loud with me. It's hard to get any kind of shift in perspective from them. They don't agree, and apparently the volume in their voice wins the topic at hand.

I don't think they should be yelling and screaming at you if they disagree, especially since this is your family. But that's just my opinion. Like you, I know both of these types well, they really do not like Ne lol, but that's really not an excuse.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People I disliked had those types : LSE, SLI, LSI, LIE, ESI, SLE, IEI, ILE, LII, SEE, and some annoying IEEs or megalomaniac EIEs. I don't think type was the reason I disliked them, but it can be an aggravating factor.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Hate is too strong a word. I have had extreme difficulty working or seeing eye-to-eye with ILE. It's been a challenge working with IEI, ILI and SLE in that order - but not impossible. SEEs seemed to bob and weave a lot but we could usually come to an agreement.

a.k.a. I/O

What type are you? I always figured you were an LII...

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    People I disliked had those types : LSE, SLI, LSI, LIE, ESI, SLE, IEI, ILE, LII, SEE, and some annoying IEEs or megalomaniac EIEs. I don't think type was the reason I disliked them, but it can be an aggravating factor.

But I didn't ask who you disliked I want to know who you HATE. Let the hatred flow through you.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I didn't ask who you disliked I want to know who you HATE. Let the hatred flow through you.
    I can read. There are people whose guts I hated, but as I said, type was probably irrelevant or they were just toxic or were incompatible with me. This thread stays interesting as long as people who post on here describe what behaviour they hated, not when it becomes a public "type lynching" thread for badmouthing haters. Sorry to disappoint you man, but i value my emotional peace.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I can read. There are people whose guts I hated, but as I said, type was probably irrelavant or they were just toxic or were incompatible with me. This thread stays interesting as long as people who post on here describe what behaviour they hated, not when it becomes a public "type lynching" thread for badmouthing haters. Sorry to disappoint you man, but i value my emotional peace.

lol thank you for fully proving my point made earlier in the thread and taking this way too seriously

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What type are you? I always figured you were an LII...
    Yes, I am and here's my explanation of what may be going on: http://www.socionics.com/articles/thestrength.html

a.k.a. I/O