Thread: Extroverted Victims/Introverted Aggressors

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Extroverted Victims/Introverted Aggressors

It's somewhat confusing since it's generally the extrovert's role to initiate contact, but the victim's role to submit. Conversly introverts are are more naturally receptive while aggressors more naturally dominate.

The only way I can think of this working is that ENj might toy with ISj to try and get them to control and stop ENj's sometimes manipulative or vindictive behavior. I find that I tend to taunt or pick on girls that I'm interested in (in a playful way of course ) and respond well to someone who will fight back and give me that "don't even mess with me" vibe. I like to play the asshole and pretend that I'm in control, but if I was with someone who was submissive I'm not sure that I would know what to do with that. I would probably feel uncomfortable and start playing the nice guy because I'd feel bad.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found that with my dual, I (as the introvert IEI) have been tempted to take some aggressor action. Though I was always talking myself out of it b/c i always thought of scenarios how it wouldn't go over well, up until I knew I will probably never see him again, at which point i did sort of, indirectly, tell him (in an email). I told him he was an intriguing guy, and that i would miss him

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    It's somewhat confusing since it's generally the extrovert's role to initiate contact, but the victim's role to submit. Conversly introverts are are more naturally receptive while aggressors more naturally dominate.

The only way I can think of this working is that ENj might toy with ISj to try and get them to control and stop ENj's sometimes manipulative or vindictive behavior. I find that I tend to taunt or pick on girls that I'm interested in (in a playful way of course ) and respond well to someone who will fight back and give me that "don't even mess with me" vibe. I like to play the asshole and pretend that I'm in control, but if I was with someone who was submissive I'm not sure that I would know what to do with that. I would probably feel uncomfortable and start playing the nice guy because I'd feel bad.
    Funny, I could have written this.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always have initiated contact. I related to what was said above as well. I am an extrovert and an EJ on top of that so I have a naturally directive nature to my relationships. IJs that I've interacted with have not generally initiated contact with me before I have.

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@D E M O N

What "victim"-y behavior do you see in yourself when it comes to relationships?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @D E M O N

What "victim"-y behavior do you see in yourself when it comes to relationships?

Not much, its not something I really relate to.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".