Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
Alright so I haven't gotten into enneagram much at all, how do tritypes work exactly?

Think of it like this. We all have different fears. We have fears in regards to the head, the heart, and the environment. Like all three triads. Your main type is your biggest fear and biggest motivator. Your tri-type adds to the other fears that are there but not as strong. Like, I am a Type 6 but, not all of my motivations will always explain my type 6-ness. While I am very comfortable with matters of the heart, I can struggle with type 2 stuff and have type 2 motivations in that regard. But, my strongest fear is to feel secure (6) but, my fear of never being lovable is still apparent (2) in some of my actions, views, and motivations. The tri-type makes up a more complete version of you.

You can also think of it like making a plate of food. For dinner, you need a carb, a veggie, and a protein. I pick mash potatoes, green beans, and chicken. While I enjoy all three and they make a complete and balanced meal, mashed potatoes are my favourite of the dish. That’s kinda tri-type in a real world sense I guess lol.