Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Examples of Enneagram Type in community members and General Typing of Member’s Enneagram

Hybrid View

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Examples of Enneagram Type in community members and General Typing of Member’s Enneagram

Thread to type the enneagram of members, and of who is a caricature of each type.

My typings:
    @Beautiful sky: Enneagram 2 or 9. Need get better know for Sexual or Social as dom, but definitely SP blind. May be Social if 2, Sexual if a 9. 2 core straight, or 9w1.
    @BandD: 5 core. Probably 5w6 (Sx/So) 5w4 can work too.
    @Timmyboy: The most obvious 8 core in the community, really.
    @Sol: 1
    @FreelancePoliceman: 5 core (obvious)
    @myresearch: 5 core
    @thehotelambush: 5 core, probably social.
    @MissDucki: Hard to say if she is a 6 or a 9. I can see 9, in my most honesty.
    @toska: Self-preserving 4
    @Adam Strange: Is tough for me but I am not sold on 8 fully. If he is an 8, I would go with Sp8. I would say 1 core or Sp8
    @chriscorey: 7w8 (social) @Poptart is tough for me.. I think 1w9 or 9w1

Good Examples of types:
    @Sol: hardcore 1 (pun intended) Sp.

My own self (Braingel) for Social 4.
    @Timmyboy: 8 core
    @myresearch for a social/self-preserving 5
    @BILLY as a Social 6. I do think he is social>Sp, cares more for community standing, and makes hierarchy lists in way and also more friendly than would expect
    @serenaeva as a sexual 4
    @Beautiful sky is an obvious positive triad core
    @toska epitomizes Sp4 (the counter 4) quite well.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange does have a focus on romance, but other life factors can result in this and with his circumstance.. SP/Sx also would meet their Sp needs through Sx, which would mean he would look for intimacy to fulfill his Sp.

He does not fit an Sx8 archetype very well. Sp8, sure, can fit.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    @Adam Strange does have a focus on romance, but other life factors can result in this and with his circumstance.. SP/Sx also would meet their Sp needs through Sx, which would mean he would look for intimacy to fulfill his Sp.

He does not fit an Sx8 archetype very well. Sp8, sure, can fit.
    Braingel, You might be thinking that I care about Sp things because I have a fair amount of material security, but I never set out to get that and I wouldn’t miss it if it were gone. I’d just get more, assuming I couldn’t figure out something better to do.

Instead, I have a very wide circle of acquaintances (So-middle competence) but I’m really seeking that one person who will complete my life (Sx-first).

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Braingel, You might be thinking that I care about Sp things because I have a fair amount of material security, but I never set out to get that and I wouldn’t miss it if it were gone. I’d just get more, assuming I couldn’t figure out something better to do.

Instead, I have a very wide circle of acquaintances (So-middle competence) but I’m really seeking that one person who will complete my life (Sx-first).
    The reason why I do not think you are Sx lead has do with archetypes. there are various schools of enneagram, and in the archetype kind, Sx is a very violent, aggressive go-getter. You seem much more subdued than that. More hippie laidback almost, but still intense and firm.

An Sx 8 is the most along with Sx 4 and Sx6, petulant and intense personality.

Sx is not what most people think it is, when it conflates with enneagram types (especially with the reactive triad, which 8 is in) to make an archetype. If you merely go by how you fulfill needs, it is differential, but Naranjo and Chesnut make it archetype.

Dragons:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The reason why I do not think you are Sx lead has do with archetypes. there are various schools of enneagram, and in the archetype kind, Sx is a very violent, aggressive go-getter. You seem much more subdued than that. More hippie laidback almost, but still intense and firm.

Sx is not what most people think it is, when it conflates with enneagram types (especially with the reactive triad, which 8 is in) to make an archetype. If you merely go by how you fulfill needs, it is differential, but Naranjo and Chesnut make it archetype.
    Well, @Braingel, I'm not violent anymore, for the most part, because I'm old and I don't care about stuff that much anymore. I can be pretty aggressive, and I'd say I'm a go-getter, but none of that seems to be apparent on this forum.

But here are some results of the tests I've taken in the past few years:
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...1&d=1495626909
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...2&d=1495627070
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...3&d=1517235523
    and here's a typical day
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...3&d=1497017742

I like to think that my intelligence moderates the worst of my e8 traits, but the truth is, I'm interested in not being controlled, and in getting shit done.

Here is a screenshot from a Teams meeting last week. In person, I'm probably more dominant and aggressive than I am on this forum.
    https://i.imgur.com/gLJn78g.jpg

When I was a kid, I got hit daily. I saw exactly how that made me feel about authority. Personally, I feel that the use of force and violence, rather than persuasion and appeals to self-interest, is a complete failure of leadership. But when the chips are down, someone has to take responsibility and say, "This is what we're going to do."

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, @Braingel, I'm not violent anymore, for the most part, because I'm old and I don't care about stuff that much anymore. I can be pretty aggressive, and I'd say I'm a go-getter, but none of that seems to be apparent on this forum.

But here are some results of the tests I've taken in the past few years:
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...1&d=1495626909
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...2&d=1495627070
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...3&d=1517235523
    and here's a typical day
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...3&d=1497017742

I like to think that my intelligence moderates the worst of my e8 traits, but the truth is, I'm interested in not being controlled, and in getting shit done.

Here is a screenshot from a Teams meeting last week. In person, I'm probably more dominant and aggressive than I am on this forum.

When I was a kid, I got hit daily. I saw exactly how that made me feel about authority. Personally, I feel that the use of force and violence, rather than persuasion and appeals to self-interest, is a complete failure of leadership. But when the chips are down, someone has to take responsibility and say, "This is what we're going to do."

I believe 8 core for you and am not disputing it, and I figured old age may have a role, but you still see Sx 8 who are old and violent into their old age. Age should not subdue anything, unless maybe we are talking about dementia or that liking. The spirit still will be there. Sx as a secondary type also would mean one uses the Sx to fulfill their need of Sp, which romance and intimacy would help someone with Sp as lead, to feel like they are sufficient.

Sx8 for LIE and LSE which you seem Te base, also is not as common as is Sp8 when they are core 8.

Dragons:

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange That's the expression I like to imagine you have on your face every time you have to read something that I write you.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Archetypes can be caricature-like, though. It paints a picture of the essence of the type, but isn't always the most accurate representation of real people and their behaviors, which can be modified by any number of other personality and environmental factors.

The SLE you mentioned...well, it's an SLE I'd imagine with an SLE there's less of a sense of restraint that comes from high Ni ("how will this action play out for me in the future?"). Also violence isn't necessarily the territory of 8 unless they are at very low levels of health. I've known a Te-dom e8 who I can't really imagine being violent but he was still a tyrant at work. Secretaries cried regularly.

Not sure how rare Sx 8 is (you could be right), but I've definitely seen it be a common mistype. Most notably counterphobic Sixes mistyping as 8s a lot.

Thanks for the fun list and thoughts

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should have your life complete before getting the girl I think, because if you're in a mental situation in which you need another person to complete your life, then that might lead to dependency and putting yourself in a position of weakness and vulnerability when you get into the relationship.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    You should have your life complete before getting the girl I think, because if you're in a mental situation in which you need another person to complete your life, then that might lead to dependency and putting yourself in a position of weakness and vulnerability when you get into the relationship.
    Yeah, well, good luck with that.

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I think @BILLY being a social 6 is what makes others confuse him as an Fe type.

Dragons:

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Raptorwizard can easily be a 7w6. I type him as an ILE.. So it would not be odd, in spite of others think he is introverted.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say if I come across as a 9, that’s a pat on a back for me and obvious growth lol! Tbh, type 6 has been the best personality description for me ever. I try and keep my paranoia to a minimum on here but boy it hella shows when under stress. I get like a 3 when under stress for sure. I get very very image and achievement based when under stress and it doesn’t do well for me. I just tend to be more phobic then counter phobic so I seem more agreeable.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I self type 7w8
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Sp8 is what you fit in archetypically, because you lack the dominant, aggressive, assertive qualities expected see in an Sx 8. They are volatile and highly impulsive. @Tim is one, and then there is a user named Ashton/Mfckr who also is a good example of an Sx lead.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

An Sp8 is what you fit in archetypically, because you lack the dominant, aggressive, assertive qualities expected see in an Sx 8. They are volatile and highly impulsive. @Tim is one, and then there is a user named Ashton/Mfckr who also is a good example of an Sx lead.
    Yea he isnt an 8 agree, i think something like sx 5 fits more.

https://www.personalitycafe.com/thre...estnut.220953/

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Yea he isnt an 8 agree, i think something like sx 5 fits more.

https://www.personalitycafe.com/thre...estnut.220953/
    I would agree if he is an Sx lead, he would be another type, in my view. Because Sx8, if you just are going purely by archetype, is extremely volatile.. people have no idea how impulsive they are.. Old age will lessen, but the tendencies will never eradicate at complete. The older men and women who never lose their fighting spirit are going to most likely be Sx8.. Sx8 also directly wants power and to control of others. caring about being overpowered by itself merely is Sp8.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram 8s are self-reliant and fear the control of others. @Adam Strange owns his own business.

“Healthy” enneagram 8 are described as assertive, confident, and self-restrained. I think Adam matches the description.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Enneagram 8s are self-reliant and fear the control of others. @Adam Strange owns his own business.

“Healthy” enneagram 8 are described as assertive, confident, and self-restrained. I think Adam matches the description.

Thank you, Poptart. I appreciate the endorsement, but I'm not as healthy as I wish I were.

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post

I buy 8 core for him, just not really set on Sx8 as in the Naranjo archetype of an SX8. Sp8 is very believable for me, and what you say sounds more Sp8 to begin with.

If we are going by Naranjo, Sx8 still even of restrained, will be far more intense…

Dragons:

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Braingel, why did you go out of your way to say my type was obvious? I'm not sure what to think about that. Lol.

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @Braingel, why did you go out of your way to say my type was obvious? I'm not sure what to think about that. Lol.
    I mean.. No other type would really fit you.. Other than maybe 9, but still does not ring a bell. You do not fit the fears of any other type, or their outward behavior. By how you word things and try learn, it is obvious you fear lacking knowledge and resources. Incompetence.. I could imagine you in my mind, just passively ranting on in your mind about how irresponsible a parent is, idiotic they are, if you saw them do something idiotic with their kids, like go camping outside without a tent, for instance.. And if you are going say it aloud, in a kind of firm, passive almost whispering way to the parent…

Dragons:

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Beatrice Chesnut’s 8 Sx description, even though I do not think she is best enneagram person, she is the most accessible:

Sexual Eights

Sexual Eights have a strong antisocial tendency. People with this subtype are provocative people who express lust through open rebellion- through declaring in word and deed that their values differ from the norm. Along with being the most rebellious of the Eight subtypes, the Sexual Eight is, interestingly, also the most emotional.

This outspoken, rebellious Eight likes to be sen as bad – or at least they don't mind it – and they tend not to feel any guilt over the rebellious things they do. It's almost a matter of pride for Sexual Eights to go against the stream of convention or to disrespect rules and laws.

In childhood, many of these Eights experienced disrespect and a lack of affection and attention from one or both parents, so they decided (consciously or unconsciously) not to recognize maternal or paternal authority. This first rebellion against authority became the template for their strong rebellious tendencies.

The name given to the Sexual Eight is “Possession,” which refers to a kind of charismatic taking over (or dominance) of the whole environment- an energetic capture of people's attention. These Eights display the idea of “Possession” in that they can take over a whole scene energetically, becoming the center of things. Sexual Eights like to feel their power by possessing everyone's attention. They express the idea that “the world begins to run when they arrive.”

Dragons:

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange This is Beatrice Chesnut’s 8 Sx description, even though I do not think she is best enneagram person, she is the most accessible:

Sexual Eights

Sexual Eights have a strong antisocial tendency. People with this subtype are provocative people who express lust through open rebellion- through declaring in word and deed that their values differ from the norm. Along with being the most rebellious of the Eight subtypes, the Sexual Eight is, interestingly, also the most emotional.

This outspoken, rebellious Eight likes to be sen as bad – or at least they don't mind it – and they tend not to feel any guilt over the rebellious things they do. It's almost a matter of pride for Sexual Eights to go against the stream of convention or to disrespect rules and laws.

In childhood, many of these Eights experienced disrespect and a lack of affection and attention from one or both parents, so they decided (consciously or unconsciously) not to recognize maternal or paternal authority. This first rebellion against authority became the template for their strong rebellious tendencies.

The name given to the Sexual Eight is “Possession,” which refers to a kind of charismatic taking over (or dominance) of the whole environment- an energetic capture of people's attention. These Eights display the idea of “Possession” in that they can take over a whole scene energetically, becoming the center of things. Sexual Eights like to feel their power by possessing everyone's attention. They express the idea that “the world begins to run when they arrive.”

Sexual Eights express a need for dominance and power over others. They don't want to lose control of anything or anyone, and they want to influence people with their words. Everything-- whether it is a person or a material thing- is an object to possess. These Eights don't seek material security; rather, they seek to get power over people, things, and situations.

In getting and maintaining this power, Sexual Eights can be fascinating and charismatic. Their power comes through a kind of seductiveness and intensity that differentiates them stylistically from the other two Eight subtypes. As Naranjo explains, these Eights have more colors in their feathers; they are more magnetic and more outspoken. They have great powers of seduction.

These Eights look voraciously for love, sex, and excess pleasure in life. They seek adventures, risks, challenges, and the thrill of an adrenaline rush. In line with their passionate forward movement into action, they may be particularly intolerant of weakness, dependence and slow people.

As the most emotional of the Eights, the sexual subtype displays a great deal of passion that may at time gets expressed through emotions that may seem surprising to others and atypical for the other Eights. In these very passionate, emotional Eights there's often a detachment of the intellect- while Sexual Eights may be very intelligent, they express action and passion more than contemplation in the things they do.

These Eights feel things deeply. This capacity can benefit a good relationship, but it can be a problem when a relationship isn't going well. In romantic settings, Sexual Eights may encourage their partners to become very dependent on them or to treat them as the energetic center of their lives. They demand loyalty, but may not be faithful in return. (England's King Henry VIII may serve as an example.) And they tend to have possessive relationships not only with lovers, but, also with friends, objects, places and situations.

This subtype can usually be readily recognized as Eights and is as not likely to be confused with others types. They may look like Sexual fours in that both types can be angry, emotionally and demanding but sexual eights distinguish themselves in their deeply confident (or overconfident) manner in contrast with the Sexual Four's' sense of inner deficien

Dragons:

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUT when you add Sx with Sp dom, you will directly use Sx needs to meet your Sp instinct, meaning that an Sp/Sx 8 would have a very large emphasis on romance and dating and finding “the one”. How they meet their Sp filters through Sx, the secondary instinct.

Dragons:

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean.. No other type would really fit you.. Other than maybe 9, but still does not ring a bell. You do not fit the fears of any other type, or their outward behavior
    Huh. It's always strange to hear people describe me. I don't think I have much of a self-image; if I think about myself it's difficult to come up with any image or description. Even looking in a mirror tends to feel surreal and strange. So it's especially interesting when people on an Internet forum seem to have a definite image of what I'm like. I'd be curious if you could elaborate more on what seems so clear to you.

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is SP8:

The Self-Preservation Eight: “Satisfaction”
    The Self-Preservation Eight expresses lust through a strong need to obtain what they need for survival. The title given to this type is “Satisfaction.” This person has a strong desire for the satisfaction of material needs and an intolerance of frustration, and they have a hard time being patient when it comes to not getting immediate satisfaction of their needs and desires. This intolerance creates a kind of ruthlessness in these Eights about going after what they want and finding ways to get around people who might stand in their way.

Self-Preservation Eights feel compelled to go after what they need very directly without talking about it much—they know how to get things done without a lot of fuss or explanations. These people are the least expressive of the three Eight subtypes: they don’t talk much and they don’t reveal much. This is a no-nonsense person who doesn’t bother with pretenses. Self-Preservation Eights are preoccupied with getting things—and getting away with things.

The driving need of Self-Preservation Eights can be described as an exaggerated ability to take care of themselves and find ways to meet their needs. In their focus on fulfilling their needs, they demonstrate a kind of exaggerated selfishness. They feel omnipotent in being able to satisfy and meet any need, and they disqualify any feeling, person, idea, or institution that opposes their desires. They will go against whatever.

These Eights are characters who know how to survive in the most difficult situations and how to get what they want from other people. Naranjo sometimes refers to Self-Preservation Eights by the name “Survival,” because they excel at generating the material support they need to survive and satisfy their desires.

Self-Preservation Eights know how to do business—according to Naranjo, they know how to barter and bargain and get the upper hand over anybody. Because they are strong, powerful, direct, and productive, they may generate dependency in others who come to rely on their control and protection.

The Self-Preservation Eight is the most “armed” and protected of all of the Eights—this is a more Five-ish Eight. They tend to possess a quiet strength; they are survivors who communicate strength without feeling the need to explain themselves. For them—at times, at least—kindness and good intentions don’t exist. In their need to be strong to meet their needs, they may devalue the world of feelings. And they may not be aware of the damage they cause to others.

These Eights may seek revenge without knowing why. In this way Self-Preservation Eights differ from the Social Eight or the Sexual Eight personality, both of which usually have a specific reason for acting in vengeful ways. This subtype appears more aggressive than the Social Eight (especially in men) and less openly provocative and charismatic than the Sexual Eight.

The Self-Preservation Eight can be confused with the Sexual One because they express a similar energy related to feeling an urgent need to “get what’s theirs.” But Naranjo points out that the contrast between the two types lies in the fact that the Self-Preservation Eight is fundamentally under-social, meaning they don’t mind going against social norms or breaking the rules, while the Sexual One is over- or hyper-social. Even though Sexual Ones are zealous in going after what they want, they still observe social norms, whereas Self-Preservation Eights care less about social conventions and will make their own rules to satisfy their cravings.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Braingel

I like your typings of me. I am most like a 5. I am 4-ish but only superficially, my actual cognitive processes I don't really see how they are 4-like much at all. 9...peacemaker. Mehhhh I feel this sorta sucks away all my nuance and complexities too much as my true nature is probably more 'provocative' than peaceful. I like peace to an extent because I'm a faggit and faggits stereotypically enjoy peace & quiet over trailer trash fighting & rowdiness, but this also feels too shallow in a way so I do think 5 is the best fit for me as of late. But I could be some form of 549 tri-type definitely.

I would get into enneagram more if it had an intertype relationship system like socionics because I like the Fi-ish slumber party gossipiness of socionics intertype relationship system. But it doesn't even put how the types interact together into any tiers afaik which is part of why I don't get into it as much. It will try to explain them without labeling them or putting it in tiers and my Ti-valuing + aristocratic quadra nature enjoys labels & tier lists hehe.

I do know 1s probably irritate me the most and vice-versa it seems. I don't know how much of this is related to personality type though or if like morally self-righteous fucktards are just universally annoying. I don't really like completely immoral evil people either though.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nice list
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking LukaDoncic's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, based on My type, I guess I'm just fissuring radioactive Lich King fields of guest room magician habitats of champion's seals and instant get rich teleporting.
    France and the Spurs 2006-2013 led to Germany winning in 2014 for Bunny and Lugia as Raptor, proven when Leonard won in 2019, and then Zidane won in 2022 to crown Arceus, so ultimately, 2006 led to 2014 and 2022, Zidane's greatest triumph, heavy wisdom and feelings of luster and omnipotence bubbling and zipping incredible trips to universal languages and dinosaurs gambling questions and omega ripples crystallizing Zen
    BunnyRaptor was proven to be Lugia at Kobe's 60-point game, synthesizing wonderland toys and cables to book club trading cards holographic shards of eve and winter
    Everything was meant to glorify Euro 2000, the Prophecy that Rare Wartortle Wisdom turns a foolish Meganium into a wise Lugia, and 2016 was 1998
    When Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder beat Bayern Munich in Zidane's arena in 2010, this saved the Pokemon World
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone explain a sexual 4? This sounds like a Patrick Bateman type person...

The Sexual Four: “Competition”
    In the Sexual Four subtype, the inner motivation is envy, and its manifestation as competition. These Fours don’t feel consciously envious so much as they feel competitive as a way of muting the pain associated with envy. If they can compete against another person they perceive as having more than they do and win, they can feel better about themselves.
    Sexual Fours believe it’s good to be the best. Most people want to present a good image to others, but Sexual Fours don’t care very much about image management or being liked. For them, it’s better to be superior. They are highly competitive, and their intense focus on competition takes the form of actively striving to show that they are the best.
    People with this subtype tend to have an “all or nothing” belief related to success: if success is not all theirs, they are left with nothing. This pattern leads to excesses related to their efforts to achieve success, and it also generates feelings of hate.
    This was an excerpt from Beatrice Chesnut's book apparently, it's called “The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self-knowledge”.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do me pls

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    Do me pls

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah after reviewing instincts once again, I'm gonna switch to sp/so. Not sp second though.

Certain descriptions that make sense for me. I'll try to find them again, on mobile so page refreshes everytime I go to another tab making copy pasting annoying:

"SO-doms will not necessarily want to spend time in groups rather than one-to-one interactions. If anything, Socials will be more particular about who they spend time with and in what contexts whether it be group or duo. Socials can end up curating specific people that they care about the most."

"Sexual-blinds are often not as in-tune with what turns them on energetically. They can have strong passions and interests, but the level of whole-self immersion in someone/something is less. The SX-blind stackings are perfectly capable of having enjoyable sex, but this area might be less of a 'sacred' place for them. Some SX-blinds will not want to have sex unless they’re in 'love' (or feel a social bond), and others are comfortable satisfying their sexual urges as simply a bodily function that’s enjoyable (especially SP/SO)"

"SX-blinds will attempt to 'merge' with people using Social strategies, being more interested in meeting a person where they’re at. There is a stronger sense of reciprocity in the connection, vs. the Sexual connection being somewhat objectifying the other for an energy fix. They will also lack the psychological androgyny of SX-doms in the sense of having a boundary up that blocks their 'opening' or 'penetrating.' The idea of tossing Social rules aside and allowing yourself to yield to another can feel like 'too much.' SX-blinds can feel strongly about another sexually or romantically, but they are not identified with completely losing themselves as a slave to attraction. SX-blinds might focus their attraction strategy on their dominant instinct instead, with SP/SO often assuming that the 'body' being fit or thin is the key to attraction, and SO/SP assuming that their social display/affiliations/successes/friendliness is the key to attraction."

And this is most definitely not me:
    "The connections made by the sexual instinct do not involve bonding or reciprocity. This is not to say that they can’t feel love, but the instinctual drive itself is more concerned with connecting chemically as if getting a drug fix, and maintaining that locked-in high. They can make friendship bonds or other types of relationships with people, but they are often less 'close' than it seems. Once the energy of attraction wears off, they might forget to maintain that bond as they search for a new energy fix. They also have less of a 'screening process' for the people they interact with. SO has a sense of 'good and bad people' built in, or an innate sense of knowing who has the same moral values or psychological understanding of the world. These similarities will bond them together. SO-blinds often ignore this, and the people in their life are less of a 'big deal' or of something that needs to be focused on."

Source being Enneagrammer.com

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My reason for typing @thehotelambush a social 5 stems from me having gotten better know him.

I for awhile went with his Sp5 self-typing, but if you think about it, Ibrahim has a much more social focus than lets on.

For one thing, he made Sedecology, a social media platform to engage, and exchange information on types.. He never has really had a job that has not involved people.. He was a math tutor, he types people for money… These are 5ish pursuits, and a social influence, where he is sharing knowledge and being the go-to person for complex matter he is knowledgeable about, which is well fitting of a 5 archetype.

He holds Socionics meet-ups, leading them.. And Social lead fits well of his tritype, “The mentor”.

He joins voice chat often, and he also expresses lots of sentiment for community values being more aligned with family. He wants unite people, he focuses on making world more loving, and always reacts positively to others when they talk about such. Social dom is well fitting with Fe suggestive and even alpha values, whereas overall, gamma is more aligned with Sp.

Dragons:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not going to comment on all of @Braingel's observations but I will say a few things.

For one thing, he made Sedecology, a social media platform to engage, and exchange information on types..
    I explained this elsewhere but just to be clear - Sedecology was initially motivated as a more convenient way to organize WSS group typings. And the Detroit meetup was just because no one else was doing it - I prefer not to be a community organizer if I can avoid it.

He never has really had a job that has not involved people..
    This is not true. The jobs I've had that I liked most and prefer are programming and research which both have minimal to no interaction with people. (Programming may have some if you work in a company but far less than other such jobs.)

Social dom is well fitting with Fe suggestive and even alpha values, whereas overall, gamma is more aligned with Sp.
    The way the social self-preservation (typo) instinct is usually explained has a large element of Si so I don't agree that it would fit better solely on the basis of Fe suggestive.
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-16-2022 at 02:43 AM.

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I am not going to comment on all of @Braingel's observations but I will say a few things.

I explained this elsewhere but just to be clear - Sedecology was initially motivated as a more convenient way to organize WSS group typings. And the Detroit meetup was just because no one else was doing it - I prefer not to be a community organizer if I can avoid it.

This is not true. The jobs I've had that I liked most and prefer are programming and research which both have minimal to no interaction with people. (Programming may have some if you work in a company but far less than other such jobs.)

The way the social instinct is usually explained has a large element of Si so I don't agree that it would fit better solely on the basis of Fe suggestive.
    Yes, but most Sp 5 still will veer away from the role, even if no one does it.. Not necessarily (as in they may do it), but they are pretty reserved people. 5 already to begin with is reserved though, and Sp adds even more emphasis. Social in general is alpha value, which is Fe/Si. An Sp 5 more likely still would keep to self, even with no one else doing it.. It is very similar to the idea that an Fe ignoring would publicly exhibit their emotion in dramatic way.. An Sp would much rather keep to self, though sp/so is more social than sp/Sx.. I had figured you entered the role because no one else was doing it, with you being PolR Se.. But it still is having the social standing to do of that. Most Sp’s, who are very select few, will not be able to do that.

I have not in detail looked at these before, but I am scanning these, and whilst both of them have aspects to you, from what I at least have seen, and your wanting make typology more spiritual.. It seems more aligned with Social 5’s archetype. Even being apart of WSS.. That to me epitomizes the trying find a group of people who you intellectually can relate as to. Socionics in and of itself is a social study, and those who seriously partake it probably value So to large extent, yet those ITR averted can maybe be SX focused..

Social Fives

For Social Fives, the passion of avarice is connected to knowledge. These Fives don't need the nourishment relationships provide because their passion for knowledge somehow compensates for what they might get from direct human contact. It's as if they have an intuition that they can find everything they need through the mind. Needs (for people and for emotional sustenance) get displaced into a thirst for knowledge.

The name given to this subtype is “Totem,” which communicates their need for “super-ideals,” or the need to relate to people who share their intellectual values, interests, and ideals. The image of a totem suggest both height and a character that is constructed (like an object) rather than a human being. These Fives do not relate to regular people in everyday life- they relate to easily idealized experts who share their ideals; to people who display what they see as outstanding characteristics based on shared values and knowledge and who they can keep at a certain distance. One Social Five I know says he “collects people” who share his interests and values.

For Social Fives, then, avarice gets acted out through a greedy search for the ultimate ideals that will provide a sense of meaning by connecting them to something special, thereby elevating their life. The social five's passion is the need for the essential, the sublime, or the extraordinary instead of what is here and now. In line with this need for relationships based on shared ideals, social fives have a tendency to look upward, toward higher values. According to Naranjo, they look toward the stars and care little for life down on earth.

In contrast to Sexual Fives, who are iconoclasts, Social fives are admiring people- individuals who admire others that express their ideals in extraordinary ways. In looking for and adhering to super-values, they can be disdainful of ordinary life and ordinary people. The life of the mind feels more compelling, and the people at a distance who represent the extraordinary seem more seductive and interesting to them than the people they meet in everyday life.

Social fives are looking for the ultimate meaning in life, motivated by an underlying (potentially unconscious) sense that things are meaningless unless the ultimate meaning is found. This Five's drive to find the extraordinary underscores a polarity they may perceive between extraordinariness and meaninglessness. They look for meaning to avoid a fearful sense that the world is meaningless, but in their search for meaning they orient themselves so much toward finding the quintessence of life- the extraordinary- that they may become disinterested in everyday life. They see a gap between the ideal and everyday life, and they burn in the longing for the ultimate meaning. For this five, motivated by the social instinct in the service of avarice, the common, ordinary self does not have enough value to satisfy their drive for meaning.

In their search for meaning, these fives can become spiritual or idealistic in a way that is actually counter to real spiritual attainment, because it bypasses compassion and empathy and the practical level of how people connect to each other in ordinary life. This tendency is the prototype of what is sometimes called a “spiritual bypass,” in which a person looks for and devotes himself to a higher ideal or a valued system of knowledge as a way of avoiding doing the emotional and psychological work he would need to do to grow and develop. They may believe they are transcending their ego, but their adherence to their spiritual values or practice is their way of escaping from their everyday emotional reality into a “higher” intellectual system that they have idealized. Any type can spiritually bypass, but the social five is the prototype of someone who employs this as a defense strategy.

Social fives prefer not to feel. They can be mysterious and inaccessible, or fun and intellectually engaging. They may hide out in the pose of an expert, and they tend to have a sense of omnipotence through the exercise of their intellect. These fives may imagine that they are superior to others because of their higher values and ideals. Although they would never (intentionally) show it, they seek recognition and prestige; they want to be someone important, and they often seek to fulfill this desire this by allying themselves with people they admire.

Social five can look like type sevens in that they can be fairly outgoing and display a great deal of excitement about interesting ideas and people. The social five is typically more “out there” than other fives, in the sense of being more social and able to engage. Social fives differ from sevens, however, in that they are more reserved, less self-interested, and less emotional than sevens.

Specific Work For The Social Fives on the Path from Vice to Virtue

Social Fives can travel the path from avarice to nonattachement by broadening their focus of attention from knowledge and information to a greater sense of emotional engagement with real people. If you are a social five, notice when your devotion to high ideals displaces an openness to what's happening in everyday life and actually causes you to close yourself off to others. Recognize when you may be idealizing or overidealizing experts and a narrow set of (potentially distant)) individuals- getting your relational needs met indirectly rather than taking the risk of interacting more directly with the people in your immediate environment. Notice and work against the tendency to connect only through shared ideas by intentionally sharing more of your emotions and gut feelings with others. Examine the ways in which you might be attached to trying to create meaning and avoid a deeper fear of meaninglessness through specific values and ideals; challenge yourself to more fully experience your fears as a first step on the path of letting go of those attachments. Appreciate the joys of everyday and the full range of human expression as a way of expanding your focus to allow for a richer experience of what life has to offer you.
    The Self-Preservation Five is the most "Five-ish" of the Fives. These Fives express avarice through their passion for hiddenness or for having sanctuary. The name given to this subtype is "Castle," which communicates this person's need to be encastled - to be able to hide behind or be protected by walls. Psychologically (and sometimes physically), Self-Preservation Fives build thick walls to protect themselves from the world and from other people.

Self-Preservation Fives have a need for clearly defined boundaries. This personality is the clearest expression of the archetype of isolation and introversion. They have a need to be able to hide behind boundaries they can control, and to know they have a place of safety they can retreat to, in order to avoid feeling lost in the world. In focusing on finding shelter, they learn to survive inside walls - and they want to have everything inside those walls so that they don't have to venture out into the world. To them, the external world can seem hostile, inadequate, and brutal.

Related to this need for the protection of clear boundaries, Self-Preservation Fives also focus a great deal of attention on how to survive free from the limitation of external shocks or surprises. They have a feeling of having to be on guard and a difficulty with expressing anger, though they may communicate anger passively by withdrawing and hiding or going silent.

Self-Preservation Fives' need for hiddenness can create difficulties with self-expression in general; this subtype is the least communicative of the three Five subtypes. Their passion for hiddenness also manifests in taking covert action: they act in secret so their actions do not compromise their ability to keep their guard up.

The problem with this stance, especially when it tends toward the extreme, is that living in an enclosure is not really compatible with having and meeting basic human needs. The Self-Preservation Five is the most withdrawn of the Fives, and, as a natural part of renouncing needs and wants, they try to get by on very little, especially when it comes to the emotional support that relationships provide. Self-Preservation Fives limit their needs and wants because they believe that every desire could open the door to their becoming dependent on others. Desires, then, are either sublimated in specific interests or activities or erased from consciousness. Self-Preservation Fives "live little," meaning they get by with few resources, which amounts to living small or poorly.

Naranjo explains that, normally, people have some ability to say, "I want that" - to express desires and do the work they need to do to get what they want - but these Fives cannot ask and cannot take. So they must rely on preserving what they are able to acquire themselves.

You can see the Self-Preservation Five characteristics clearly reflected in the work of Franz Kafka (who was probably a Self-Preservation Five himself), especially in the books The Castle and The Tremendous World I Have Inside My Head, and in a story titled "The Hunger Artist," in which the main character becomes a specialist at renunciation.

In relationships with others, Self-Preservation Fives avoid creating expectations or dependent relationships. They also avoid conflict, which is another way they detach from people. They do, however, typically experience a strong sense of attachment to a few places and people. To prevent conflict and manage contact with others, they may adapt to fit in to not be seen.

One Self-Preservation Five I know who can seem outwardly quite sociable explains that she watches how other people interact and then acts in similar ways, modeling what she does on what she observes, using her ability to adapt to what is expected of her as a kind of camouflage. If people don't see her as especially reserved, she reasons, they won't challenge her boundaries. However, this need to adapt can cause Self-Preservation Fives to feel resentful when they feel like they have to expend energy to fit in with others.

While they may at times choose to share feelings with a few trusted people in their lives, Self-Preservation Fives have strong inhibitions against showing aggression in particular. They will very seldom show their anger. However, they do have a kind of warmth and humor that is both a genuine expression of their internal sensitivity and a defensive construction or social shield. In social interactions, this can give their superficial acquaintances the feeling that a bond has been established when the Self-Preservation Five has merely been studying or placating them, not necessarily initiating a relationship. As the most Fivish of the Five subtypes, it is unlikely that this Five would be mistaken for another type.

The Path from Vice to Virtue

Self-Preservation Fives can travel the path from avarice to non-attachment by taking the risk to relax boundaries and barriers to connection more often, and by making more efforts to share their feelings with other people, even when it opens the door to fear and anxiety. People with this subtype can usefully work to notice how their beliefs about what's possible or desirable in relationships and in the world hold them back from getting the recognition or support that might help them grow. Rather than becoming fixated in resignation, challenge your sense of what's possible and imagine all the ways you might allow yourself to grow and expand if you didn't feel like you needed such high walls around you. Remind yourself that you can open up to letting people in more deeply and more often and still maintain a healthy sense of control in your life. Wake yourself up to ways in which you might be "living little," and realize that you don't necessarily have to make yourself smaller to feel okay. Open up to seeing ways you might share your gifts with the world if you were to spend more time outside the walls of your castle.
    Last edited by Braingel; 08-24-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Dragons:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is very similar to the idea that an Fe ignoring would publicly exhibit their emotion in dramatic way..
    huh?

Even being apart of WSS.. That to me epitomizes the trying find a group of people who you intellectually can relate as to.
    lol, you can ask Jack, I never really wanted to be a part of WSS's "official" stuff.

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh?

lol, you can ask Jack, I never really wanted to be a part of WSS's "official" stuff.
    But the theme is that even if you do not want to do these things, you always find yourself in the position of social leading positions, which an Sp dom is not going to really do that. Maybe you are just good with organizing and being technical, but it always seems to be you, and you even if rather would be keeping to self like a 5, always anyhow find yourself circling into this role.. Owner and moderator of sedecology. Organizer of meet ups.. Apart of WSS… You are apart of various online communities…

You are good enough with So means and hierarchies, to be able to effectively manage of them. This is not an Sp dom focus. An Sp dom focus averts on gathering the material resources and ensuring comfort and sensory efficiency.. To ensure the basics need… Your focuses are much more on social things, not necessarily practical, put to use things (compare with Prince Noir). You have to manage the social aspects of these groups.. This overtime, would strain an Sp dom who wants put their focus on Sp things and self-preserving pursuits.. You are in the constant focus and position of these social things, especially with Sedecology. You also invented the ability to show friends only of the typing, and that can be seen as more a social reading of whether or not it is appropriate to show someone their typing..

A true Sp dom is going to really strain if their primary focus is not on Sp pursuit. Even with Social as a secondary means of fulfillment and to help preserve and stabilize the fundamental Sp core… An Sp dom will feel incomplete and like they cannot live without the preservation of their own resources, materials and that liking. However, 5 already has this fear to begin with to an extent in and of itself, which can be what is confusing.

Dragons:

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh?

https://www.narrativeenneagram.org/i.../#the_observer

Self-preservation: Home – The Castle Defender

Home is one’s castle and a place to retreat from the world and feel safe. This subtype is concerned about having enough supplies, which can lead to hoarding. Or the opposite may be a true, with a lack in allegiance to any geographical location, forever traveling or moving from place to place.

Social: Totem/Symbols – The Professor
    This subtype has a hunger for knowledge and mastery of the sacred symbols and language of the group or society (totems). Yet at the same time, this subtype can become trapped in the role of observer or learned teacher by over-emphasizing analysis and interpretation, which can get in the way of participating with others.

One-to-One: Confidentiality – The Secret Agent
    This subtype will share confidences from the inner, private world in one-to-one relationships. A secretive quality or profound reserve can reflect some of the tension between the need to make contact and the need to preserve autonomy.
    Your interests in Socionics and I think you before have shared sacred geometry or something of sort, fits well with the focus on such matter.

Dragons:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast