Thread: can any of these feelings/behaviours be explained with socionics?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default can any of these feelings/behaviours be explained with socionics?

1. I feel that in order to make a change in my life I need to radically change myself/my life, if I only make small changes it's no use and everything will remain the same. I also can't implement change gradually and need to do it all at once.

2. I don't like people that idolize or vilianify someone and are very rigid with their ideas of people, as if people are a still image instead of a continuous changing being. They are also the types of people that look down on pointing out the wrongs of "good" people or the rights of "bad" people. For some reason it's not as annoying to me when Se-Fis do it compared to when Ne-Fis do it.

3. When someone is asked an ethical questions, for example what is beauty, I find it a bit shallow if they use personal sentiments to define it, I'd find it a more satisfying answer if they said somethings like "this is what people have considered beauty through history" or something like that (is this Te or Fe?)

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coin View Post
    1. I feel that in order to make a change in my life I need to radically change myself/my life, if I only make small changes it's no use and everything will remain the same. I also can't implement change gradually and need to do it all at once.
    As a Ni base I relate to this a lot. You definitely sound Ni/Se valuing. It's the goal-oriented dichotomy.
    I kind of see life as a process of reaching the goals I set out for myself, whereas the drift I get with Ne/Si valuers is that life seems more, well, not like this for them. (world-rejecting vs world-accepting)
    When i was a kid, I was all or nothing about my goals in an intangible grandiose way, but I struggled with steady moderation. It makes sense because Ni bases have a wonderful, fluid picture of the endpoint, but struggle to see the next concrete step that lies ahead.
    I get ahead of myself often and my parents always told me to be more open-minded and not write something/someone/an opportunity off before the fact. just take the step. It's like everything seems like it's going to go one way in the end anyway. how do you actually get to where you want to get? When you write that if you only make small changes it feels like everything will remain the same, I think it means you have trouble judge the exact steps to take to get to where you want to get. like this feeling of being trapped in what seems like what will end up happening anyway, in the end?To elaborate, someone wrote this in an old thread "The world looks like a thing that just sort of does stuff on its own and we just sort of flow with it. " and it resonates very strongly. so yeah, we admire people who can easily make their own impact on the world. that's why we dual-seek Se.

3. When someone is asked an ethical questions, for example what is beauty, I find it a bit shallow if they use personal sentiments to define it, I'd find it a more satisfying answer if they said somethings like "this is what people have considered beauty through history" or something like that (is this Te or Fe?)

Something in me is deeply repulsed by that kind of behavior beyond the normal levels of dislike lol.
    I want to know what the actual physical features are and the origins. i've actually looked into it a bunch haha. for me it's Ti paired with an interest in visual arts and aesthetics. I don't know, the interest could be Te for someone else though..

2. I don't like people that idolize or vilianify someone and are very rigid with their ideas of people, as if people are a still image instead of a continuous changing being. They are also the types of people that look down on pointing out the wrongs of "good" people or the rights of "bad" people. For some reason it's not as annoying to me when Se-Fis do it compared to when Ne-Fis do it.

That could point to Fi demo or maybe just gamma NT rationality? idk.
    Anyway, you prefer it when gammas do it because you value Ni and deltas do it in this offputtingly grandiose detached hypocritical idealistic way . idk how to explain it. BandD would do a good job of explaining it lol =)

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    for me it's Ti paired with an interest in visual arts and aesthetics

I didn't initially think of Ti but that makes more sense to me than Te now. I've seen Ti used in a lot examples for defining concepts, for example determining the parameters of were and in what contexts beauty has been used to describe something etc.

When you write that if you only make small changes it feels like everything will remain the same, I think it means you have trouble judge the exact steps to take to get to where you want to get. like this feeling of being trapped in what seems like what will end up happening anyway, in the end?
    Yes, I have a very stubborn idea of what the future is going to be like for me and the only way I can shake the idea and see a different future for myself is through radical change. I have a half cooked idea that it might be related to the fact that whenever I've seen real change in my life or been able to create real change it was through the use of Se, and Se in my mind is not little gradual changes, Se types just effortlessly decide to do something suddenly, they don't break it down into little chunks, or if they do I've not noticed.

When i was a kid, I was all or nothing about my goals in an intangible grandiose way
    I'm still that way as an adult lol

you prefer it when gammas do it because you value Ni and deltas do it in this offputtingly grandiose detached hypocritical idealistic way
    detached, that's the word I was looking for. Gamma SFs are at least realistic in their judgments
    Last edited by coin; 08-14-2021 at 05:19 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sometimes you can most easily change your life by changing your circumstances. Like where you live or what you do for a living.

TIM
    ILI-C
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Sometimes you can most easily change your life by changing your circumstances. Like where you live or what you do for a living.
    Absolutely!

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same. I generally change myself and my lifestyle in extreme ways. I am not sure, if this is related to some particular thing related to socionics though.

Seems like Fe/Ti valuing or democracratic dichotomy. Although I generally agree, I have some lines. I can understand the psyche of a serial killer, but it doesnt mean that I don't condemn them. Some goodness can seem like badness on the surface and vice versa.

I think this is a dynamic or T thing. I can go either ways. Majority people can consider something X and I can consider that Y. I can make a generalized statement without getting personal. I can give my personal opinion, sometimes people think their opinion isn't personal but put it in a way that is depersonalized although it is personal. There is no point of alienating "I" in every thought.

These statements are not enough to determine your type.
    Last edited by myresearch; 08-11-2021 at 02:27 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    I generally change myself and my lifestyle in extreme ways
    Do you impulsively do so or plan to act extreme in a specific moment? I've seen some people change their life suddenly out of frustration with their current state and then regretting it later. For me it's a thought out conscious effort to act impulsively so I don't regret it later. I'm wondering if the latter is more common between intuitives.

These statements are not enough to determine your type.
    wasn't looking to be typed, these are just three things about myself I want to psychologically dive deeper into and was seeing if I could through socionics

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wasn't looking to be typed, these are just three things about myself I want to psychologically dive deeper into and was seeing if I could through socionics
    A lot this could possibly explained using socionics, idk how valuable it would actually be for you. But you would need to know your type first.

There could be many reasons why a type would want to improve themselves or change themselves. Why people hate judgmental people who are doubtless in their opinions. Or why you would rather think of beauty one way versus another.

The types will not explain everything about you, even if these personal qualities can be explained using socionics.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    But you would need to know your type first.
    that's been an ongoing process, I'm pretty sure of ILI as my type but the more I learn about socionics the more doubtful I become. I might do a typing post sometime later

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you impulsively do so or plan to act extreme in a specific moment? I've seen some people change their life suddenly out of frustration with their current state and then regretting it later. For me it's a thought out conscious effort to act impulsively so I don't regret it later. I'm wondering if the latter is more common between intuitives.
    I generally change my self and my life because of my core reasons and desires. These things can be about self improvement or what I want from life. I regret nothing so far.

Life changes generally don't happen immediately for me, if I haven't gone through a life changing event. So I have to think things through, put a conscious effort to it and sometimes put all kinds of efforts to it.

I think sometimes being frustrated can push us into right direction, it can be like a last drop or it can give us some realization but I haven't changed my life in an extreme way just because out of frustration.

I can elaborate more or give examples but I am not sure if I understand you correctly, this is broad subject, what do you mean by acting extreme in a spesific moment in terms of this context? If you mean for example, quiting your job suddenly due to some events and then moving to another country out of the blue, I have never done such a thing.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally change my self and my life because of my core reasons and desires. These things can be about self improvement or what I want from life. I regret nothing so far.

Life changes generally don't happen immediately for me, if I haven't gone through a life changing event. So I have to think things through, put a conscious effort to it and sometimes put all kinds of efforts to it.

I think sometimes being frustrated can push us into right direction, it can be like a last drop or it can give us some realization but I haven't changed my life in an extreme way just because out of frustration.

I can elaborate more or give examples but I am not sure if I understand you correctly, this is broad subject, what do you mean by acting extreme in a spesific moment in terms of this context? If you mean for example, quiting your job suddenly due to some events and then moving to another country out of the blue, I have never done such a thing.
    you've answered my question, I wasn't able to frame the question well lol but that was the answer I was looking for.