Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: How does SEI's Si function process immediate info

  1. #1
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    566
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How does SEI's Si function process immediate info

    Whether its texting or face to face, do SEI process conversations in the moment or later in the day?

    My SEI buddy often tells me she'll think about our conversations later. Got me figuring if SEI will sort of mentally "file" away a text or convo to think about it later instead of right then.

    If the question ain't clear I'm cool with rephrasing

  2. #2
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    3,211
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Si doesnt process text or conversations at all. SEI has to use weak functions for that so that's why he has to think about it
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

  3. #3
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    566
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Si doesnt process text or conversations at all. SEI has to use weak functions for that so that's why he has to think about it
    By weak, do you mean the logical or intuitive functions?

  4. #4
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    3,211
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    By weak, do you mean the logical or intuitive functions?
    Whatever is needed to process the info. It depends. Often both in my own experience.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

  5. #5
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    566
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Whatever is needed to process the info. It depends. Often both in my own experience.
    Gotcha. Situations like this could use a outside take. Cool, man

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    729
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Whatever is needed to process the info. It depends. Often both in my own experience.
    I don't see how logic or intuition are useful to process information in a conversation? I think feeling and sensing are more appropriate. Do you think you see it this way because you realize you have weak logic and intuition?

  7. #7
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    3,211
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    I don't see how logic or intuition are useful to process information in a conversation? I think feeling and sensing are more appropriate. Do you think you see it this way because you realize you have weak logic and intuition?

    Sensing only processes what's right in front of you. Raw sensations. Not something that is said.

    Of corse N and T is useful when processing what is said. Exactly What is said, summarizing, implications etc. Feeling can also be used of course.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    729
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Sensing only processes what's right in front of you. Raw sensations. Not something that is said.

    Of corse N and T is useful when processing what is said. Exactly What is said, summarizing, implications etc. Feeling can also be used of course.
    There's no such thing as knowing "exactly what is said" no matter the T and N anyone got, we're all still missing more than half of it. You'd have to be omniscient to reach that.
    There's sensory information going on too in communication, perhaps less so online, but there is and I know I miss it, have to think it over later.

    To answer the thread, I think it's an Ip thing more than just SEI.
    I prefer sleeping on things to give time to whatever's supposed to happen in my head the time to happen. It isn't rare I need a few hours to let things settle before trying to make sense of it. I might end up taking hours to write a few lines if I don't let this process do itself.
    It takes confidance to dare say so and ask for the time needed.
    Rational subtypes are less like this.

  9. #9
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    566
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    There's no such thing as knowing "exactly what is said" no matter the T and N anyone got, we're all still missing more than half of it. You'd have to be omniscient to reach that.
    There's sensory information going on too in communication, perhaps less so online, but there is and I know I miss it, have to think it over later.

    To answer the thread, I think it's an Ip thing more than just SEI.
    I prefer sleeping on things to give time to whatever's supposed to happen in my head the time to happen. It isn't rare I need a few hours to let things settle before trying to make sense of it. I might end up taking hours to write a few lines if I don't let this process do itself.
    It takes confidance to dare say so and ask for the time needed.
    Rational subtypes are less like this.
    Interesting. Not sure Ep's or Ip's are decisive in the manner rationals can be. The irrationals might initially have a "passive" mental attitude. The Ep's will then turn outward to communicate while the Ip's turn inward to communicate

    This theory might be inaccurate, just kinda blending mental perspectives here

  10. #10
    May look like an LSI, but the opposite. CTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Isolated, room.
    TIM
    2Te-SLI N SP/SX 5w6
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmmm, I thought that has something to do with having Fe-ego and Fi-ID in their block, no?
    I think SEI often tries to get away from the conversation by thinking of the implication according to potentials, depends on how their Ne Suggestive will perceive such kind of conversation later on. Though, I could see this rather as dynamic by dichotomies, since they perceive information as things that are constantly evolving and changing.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    729
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Interesting. Not sure Ep's or Ip's are decisive in the manner rationals can be. The irrationals might initially have a "passive" mental attitude. The Ep's will then turn outward to communicate while the Ip's turn inward to communicate

    This theory might be inaccurate, just kinda blending mental perspectives here
    Hm, it's interesting. It's the kind of thing I'll need to let sit for a while.
    One thing is, for best results, I just let it happen on its own, so I look like I'm doing nothing about it yet it still happens. It's downright maddening to some people tho.
    Like I'm trusting my brain to do its brain stuff and move on.

  12. #12
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    566
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    Hm, it's interesting. It's the kind of thing I'll need to let sit for a while.
    One thing is, for best results, I just let it happen on its own, so I look like I'm doing nothing about it yet it still happens. It's downright maddening to some people tho.
    Like I'm trusting my brain to do its brain stuff and move on.

  13. #13
    PunkSailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    planet volcel
    TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I process conversations later in the day... I just have to truly think about.
    If they ever tryna neck, I'll put my foot up in your caca
    Call your mama and your papa
    Like I'm finna take your dadda
    Turn that bitch into a soccer ball and rocka, rocka, rocka (brrr)
    Get into it like a suit
    And fuck a stack up like a broker

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •