Thread: VI someone I know irl

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlytherinPower View Post
    That's what I typed him, but some things he's said in convos I could see as seeming Ni ish. It's hard to tell lead functions from demo ones with some people too.
    Ne and Ni can sort of look alike, as different as they are. The reason is because an Ni user can like Ne, think about various possibility, yet the Ni in at least Socionics, will be trying narrow of them down. You also have Ni user as my own self who type creative in DCNH.

Like Ne, Ni can be all over the place, especially when the Ni user is a feeler, or if they are an SLE or SEE. SEE having PolR Ti, SLE being result and as well, more impulsive because of Se and HA Fe.

But the Ni user will more concern with narrowing down, and they also will be more concerned with the past than would expect of an Ne , since Ni encompasses evaluating trend overtime.

Drinking issue can make a case for suggestive Si, but it also can with Se and having less valued Si and thus control over sensory means that regulate internally, and drinking would be internal awareness of when is too much.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    Ne and Ni can sort of look alike, as different as they are. The reason is because an Ni user can like Ne, think about various possibility, yet the Ni in at least Socionics, will be trying narrow of them down. You also have Ni user as my own self who type creative in DCNH.

Like Ne, Ni can be all over the place, especially when the Ni user is a feeler, or if they are an SLE or SEE. SEE having PolR Ti, SLE being result and as well, more impulsive because of Se and HA Fe.

But the Ni user will more concern with narrowing down, and they also will be more concerned with the past than would expect of an Ne , since Ni encompasses evaluating trend overtime.

Drinking issue can make a case for suggestive Si, but it also can with Se and having less valued Si and thus control over sensory means that regulate internally, and drinking would be internal awareness of when is too much.
    He's a self described workaholic too, but he's a manager & travels for work related things too so he kind of has to be one for his job. He regularly works 12-13 hours & the one day said after looking at his punch times realized he worked 16 hours in one day.

Another story I thought was funny was he said he needs new shoes for work & might go up a size cuz his feet were hurting. I said maybe new inserts? He's like "no it's not the bottoms. I think it's the tendents" after going to the doctor he said a couple of his toe nails were basically black & falling off. Uhhhh he didn't realize that til after the doctor? Lol

Another was trying to kick his fast food habit & making homemade mac & cheese. He left it in a slow cooker for 4 hours & said it was dry. LMFAO Then said one the people in his apartment building sets off their fire alarm weekly & joked their a worse cook than him.

Either way people saying ESE here are most definitely wrong imo.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Braingel would be interested in knowing if you have an opinion on what I VI as too

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine actually believing in VI lmao
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    Imagine actually believing in VI lmao
    Lol

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    a person that is happy and joyful expresses it with their eyes and mouth (in a general / universal sense). and when you look at other emotions, you see similar universal patterns of expression

so why would it be so hard to believe seeing correlations between IM elements and outer expression?

hmm?

lmao

"People smile when they are happy therefore there is are universal patterns of expression that correlate perfectly with 16 unique types which also happen to coincide exactly with a personality system that was originally constructed with no consideration for physical features. Check aaaand mate."
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking though does having "in a world of endless possibilities anything is truly possible" & "don't tell me the sky's the limit when we have footprints on the moon" as their social media bios point more towards Ne or IEE > EIE? Or no? Cuz that was my original thinking. Or is it the demo Ne?

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlytherinPower View Post
    I was thinking though does having "in a world of endless possibilities anything is truly possible" & "don't tell me the sky's the limit when we have footprints on the moon" as their social media bios point more towards Ne or IEE > EIE? Or no? Cuz that was my original thinking. Or is it the demo Ne?
    I always had an initial rejection reaction to people who put mediocre inspirational quotes on bios or posts of social media.

It could be helpful to type through ITR this way except for reasons of practicality I don't further any self-typing, but if anyone types me anything then he can start using this colloquially.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12