Thread: How to Catch a Gamma SF or NT

Hybrid View

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don’t catch people, you just talk to them.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had an interesting experience this evening. I was buying nuts and bolts at the local hardware store, where they sell individual nuts and bolts, but you have to remember the prices because the place has no electronic inventory system.
    I had just eaten a too-large dinner and was feeling stupid and sluggish, so a long list of individual bolt prices were starting to weigh heavily on my mind.

As I stood in the aisle, a possibly gay worker came up and gave me a bright smile, then turned to the woman he was helping and asked, “What was it you were looking for, again?”

I stared dully at her. She was pretty, if you like logical women. I thought, “ILI? No. EIE? No. LSI? No.”

Now she was staring back at me, and I realized that I was being rude, just staring deadpan at her. To tell the truth, I often stare at people to determine their sociotype, but that dinner had practically put me to sleep and I was staring overlong. So I looked away, not feeling particularly up to saying something randomly nice to a stranger, even if I had been rudely staring at her.

She looked disturbed, and I realized that I probably was looking hostile, even though I was flatlined, looking at nothing at all. “Just temporarily dead, ma’am. Nothing to do with you."

Now I’m feeling bad, because I don’t normally go out of my way to give strangers a hard time, so when the worker asked me if he could access the bins in front of me in a weird “Hey, I could like you” voice, I couldn’t help but turn on my 1000-watt Fe-Role smile and say “Sure, no problem.”

I moved down the aisle and got busy looking for nuts for my screws, thinking that I had probably ruined that woman’s day by looking at her so coldly, and would she believe, from my “called up” smile, that I didn’t intend my dead stare to be a criticism of her? Probably not. First impressions matter, and the first impression that I made was that of a rude, mean guy, and the smile which followed seemed to me like it would be fake scenery.

Then she and the store worker moved away from me, but I could still hear her voice, and it had changed from when she first appeared. It was the voice of a woman who had found a great guy and wanted to let him know she was interested.

I thought, “What the hell?” And then I realized that she might be a female LIE.

One, she looked logical but not like the sharp, brilliant logic of an ILI. I find it hard to “see” my Identicals sometimes, but she kind of fit the image. Mainly, she didn't look like any other identifiable type. (actually, she looked like this woman, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adOTBxJWNLw except she had black hair and wasn't smiling.)
    Two, she was asking for help in a very "Se" hardware store. Not that a lot of people don’t do that, but she was asking for help while simultaneously seeming to be in charge of the operation.
    Three, she might have been attracted to my face. Lots of people like their Identicals. I could definitely see a female LIE missing all sorts of clues as to who might be best for her.
    And Four, LIEs expect their partners to be a little mean. Their Duals are Se-Aggressors, after all.

I should have tracked her down and introduced myself. Some of my ESI buddies are single. But, as I said, I was slow.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-26-2022 at 12:52 AM.

TIM
    ILI-H
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    She keeps attracting losers and I want to find nice and normal ILI guy for her
    read this again, out loud
    Quote Originally Posted by two View Post
    Hence the typical ILI phrase "People are so stupid!". Lol it's a coping mechanism. I don't do that now because one time I shuffled some Lenormand and it showed I need to mature on that area.
    if you're ready to ditch a notion as obviously true as "people are so stupid" over what a deck of cards told you then perhaps it's time to consider the possibility that you are "people"
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I had probably ruined that woman’s day by looking at her so coldly
    i sincerely hope you dont think you can ruin somebody's day to any meaningful extent this easily
    It was the voice of a woman who had found a great guy and wanted to let him know she was interested.
    aren't we optimistic? whatever, go on and get em tiger

Anyways, there isn't really anything to "trapping" an ILI. You simply have to locate one, and this isn't as simple as picking him out of a crowd - indeed, if he's in the crowd to begin with, the odds are quite low that it was of his own volition. I tend to agree with something a previous poster said, you simply have to allow him to be himself and not feel as if there's anything that needs to be hidden from you (the ease with which this can be achieved will vary from person to person). Likewise, you would do well to not give off the impression that you're trying to "trap" him as he would then be liable to avoid you.
    Last edited by sudo; 07-26-2022 at 02:26 AM. Reason: forgot to actually address the thread
    >Some disagree with me. They suck.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn’t help but turn on my 1000-watt Fe-Role smile and say “Sure, no problem.”
    Well, I laughed.