Thread: Fe creatives & lying

Hybrid View

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I’m being chatty with someone that I’ve talked shit about, I may be doing it to try to get to know or understand that person better, and understand the things I was talking shit about. Or I feel like I have to go along because they are accepted by ‘the group’ and I have to ‘play nice.’

if someone asked my opinion on a person and I lied, that would prob mean I dont trust the person who asked with the truth.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    I don't really engage in this behavior, though I suppose I have a few times, maybe. I also though, am an enneagram 4. That may have a big role, given 4 thrives be authentic and is withdrawn. I also lack social interactions, so that also can be factoring. I have vented my frustrations to some people (called them dick, vented how they were acting mean) and then was neutral with the person. not overly nice, but neutral. I won't just act like they are my best friend.. That is stupid. I have criticized people's view before (elsewhere, behind their back), and act like i never have problem with their views and even engage conversation about those views I disagree with, but it is not malicious intent, and I just don't want them to have hurt feelings or to have bad view of me. it's always over mild things, though. I never will just suppress something that I completely am against or that I stand for. I will tell them to their face, even if in a roundabout, subtle way.

But for other creative Fe's, it probably has do with Fe being more loose and lesser firmly fixed in their views, and they can fleet, and they lack will to assert the shit talking, wanting keep harmony. Especially with SEi which more so values harmony because of Si.
    Cool perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    I have seen this behavior more in Fe bases, to be honest. My ESE mother is notorious for this, and I have seen Jordi and also a guy named Hussar do it.. They both are EIE. I have seen a user named Gian Carlo do it, who also is EIE.. Jordi and Gian are E6 and Hussar is a 3. my mother is a 2. Image triad (excluding 4) and 6 make sense for shit talking. 6 pressures by community and feels attacked and reacts back, and 2 and 3 deal with others more and manipulating them to have a good image...

I think IEI is less likely than the other Fe types to do of this, because we have Se as suggestive and seek to be assertive, and our Fi (like in an SEI) is 4D. We also with our Ni may see how in long term this can backfire. I am also generally speaking, pretty nonjudgmental. I can be judgmental over some things, if I am emotionally triggered, but.. I see the roots of things, and it makes it harder to judge, since I see the true issue and it is just a symptom of the root, of what presents.
    You might have a point. XEIs use Fe as a tool to assuage their lead, meaning Fe may not be as genuine as sone believe.

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    If I’m being chatty with someone that I’ve talked shit about, I may be doing it to try to get to know or understand that person better, and understand the things I was talking shit about. Or I feel like I have to go along because they are accepted by ‘the group’ and I have to ‘play nice.’

[If someone asked my opinion on a person and I lied, that would prob mean I dont trust the person who asked with the truth.
    Exactly why I never ask such questions.