So I have read that Te involves locating reliable sources. I'm not sure if being good at researching, finding information, and determining if the information seems relevant or sound is something related to Te or logic in general.

For instance, as a part of my job, though it exceeds my job description, I sometimes help students locate sources relevant to their assignment. Alternatively, if I am not sure about something such as something related to grammar or formatting, I am usually pretty good at finding a source online and determining if the information is credible or not. I also will inform students of my methods of finding information regarding what databases can be accessed at no cost, how to use keywords, and the like.

Also, sometimes students ask for help in clarifying how well they are following concepts. So they provide texts from their class sometimes or else I look up the concept online, scan for what appears relevant, try to make sense of it, and then relate my understanding of the concept to the student even if it is not something I have really studied beforehand.

So my question is if this is type related and if so, what IMs relate to this topic?