Thread: The Integral Sociotype of the Eleven Nations of North America

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    For me, it is expression of anger and enthusiasm (as this is the emotions that I expressed before I dualized) but it also encompass other emotions.
    Interesting. I would have not guessed that. Usually an expression of enthusiasm or anger has more intensity behind the eyes. To me it looks like an expression of disgust with the way your upper lip is raised. Either that, or someone took a picture of you while you were talking.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tim

I dunno, I really don’t see Beta in Appalachia proper. Maybe LSI, as you suggested, but SLE no. As I said, it seems more Delta/Fi-valuing to me. I’m curious why you see Beta.

Agree on the ESE aspect of Southern culture though. People here are very friendly and open.

TIM
    SLE-C 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @Tim

I dunno, I really don’t see Beta in Appalachia proper. Maybe LSI, as you suggested, but SLE no. As I said, it seems more Delta/Fi-valuing to me. I’m curious why you see Beta.

Agree on the ESE aspect of Southern culture though. People here are very friendly and open.
    My thoughts is the Culture of Honor is also prevalent in the Appalachia. Hell, the origin of the Culture of Honor according these articles I post below are from the Scotch-Irish, and Appalachia is the most Scotch-Irish region in the country. I usually associated Culture of Honor with Beta ST culture as the Culture of Honor is also prevalent in Chechnya and Afghanistan (both seem Beta ST culturally). The origin of Scotch-Irish coming to Appalachia is basically a violent warrior culture and that still is prevalent to this day. Impoverished poor areas that is the American equivalent of the Balkans often creates a Beta ST culture. I also don't think Appalachia is Ne valuing at all. I could buy LSI-Se for Appalachia. They seem to value Ti and Se. They hate Ne (unlike Scandinavia and Canada) and they could give an impression of Fi (indicating Fi Role).

Southern Culture of Honor = Beta ST

https://boblane.com/2014/02/03/culture-of-honour/
    https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...merican-south/

Emotional Response to an Insult between Northern and Southern Subjects:
    Attachment 17171
    Last edited by Tim; 07-26-2021 at 01:02 AM.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts is the Culture of Honor is also prevalent in the Appalachia. Hell, the origin of the Culture of Honor according these articles I post below are from the Scotch-Irish, and Appalachia is the most Scotch-Irish region in the country. I usually associated Culture of Honor with Beta ST culture as the Culture of Honor is also prevalent in Chechnya and Afghanistan (both seem Beta ST culturally). The origin of Scotch-Irish coming to Appalachia is basically a violent warrior culture and that still is prevalent to this day. Impoverished poor areas that is the American equivalent of the Balkans often creates a Beta ST culture. I also don't think Appalachia is Ne valuing at all. I could buy LSI-Se for Appalachia. They seem to value Ti and Se. They hate Ne (unlike Scandinavia and Canada) and they could give an impression of Fi (indicating Fi Role).
    Yeah that's good point with the culture of honor. I think the main difference with the Appalachia and deep South is that the deep south is much heavier on the Fe aspect than the Appalachia, to the point where it almost seems like a synchronization of SLE-Se and ESE-Fe at once. Whereas the Appalachia I still see SLE-Ti but can see LSI-Se too. It is much more subdued with Fe, being a highly valued but not strong function of the region, unlike the deep South where it is both valued and strong.

I absolutely cannot see Delta at all. If one contrast the Delta regions of Kentucky, Ohio, and Pennsylvania with the Appalachia in those states and see the same mentality and values and no sharp contrast, then they're out of their mind. LSE, IEE, and EII are a huuuuge no way. SLI, not as huge as a no way but definitely not the case, as the Se beats out the Si and definitely not a Fe polr or Ne seeking region. The contrast with the Beta regions of Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama with the Appalachia in those states are far less of a contrast and lot less noticeable.