Thread: Does intelligence and type have any link?

Hybrid View

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite there being a lot of variation, research did show that people can tell (with somewhat reasonable accuracy) how smart a man is but not a woman. However, the research's conclusions were handicapped due to lack of Socionics knowledge.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._but_Not_Women

origin-1.jpg
    origin.jpg

For the females, the ones with high perceived intelligence resembles alpha NT rationals (LII-Ti, and ILE-Ti). The others are harder to decipher but maybe someone can VI them.
    For the males, the ones with low perceived intelligence resembles SLE-Se's and SEE-Se's and the ones with high perceived intelligences appear to resemble ILI-Te's (maybe some ILEs, ESIs, or EIIs in the mix).

It also appears that past a certain IQ threshold, people can no longer accurately estimate a person's intelligence and this applies to both genders. This makes me believe that type is controlled by a cluster of genes that partially influences intelligence. Since type does influence IQ but having an extremely high IQ is not type related, this makes me believe that smart SFs may in fact have type-independent genes that significantly alter IQ. In fact, it is safe to say that only type-independent gene combinations which significantly influence IQ can distort the stereotypical type-intelligence distribution. Since NT types are rarer than SF types (among white people based on my personal observations), it is more likely for an SF type to end up with a type-independent gene combination that significantly boosts IQ. This makes it harder to predict the type of extremely intelligent people (rather than them appearing too nerdy like the study claimed). For example, while NT types may be more academically inclined than SF types on average, it doesn't mean that all people with Down's syndrome are SFs. Similarly, child prodigies who can read at 6 months are also unlikely to cluster along certain types.

Note: When I'm referring to NTs and SFs, I'm basically referring to all "smarter and dumber types" as stereotyped by the layman.

For the lack of correlation in women, I also have some speculations:
    1. People may not be good at identifying rarer types in women because types appear to be more widely distributed among men. This may blur the profiles leading to VI confusion.
    2. ILI-Te's may be more intelligent than alpha NT rationals and the lack of gamma NTs in women could also influence the distribution.
    3. Women tend to be lower on the subtype distribution. This may mean that due to hormonal differences, SF women may be more intelligent than SF men while NT women are less intelligent than NT men.
    The research claimed that women with higher perceived intelligence appeared more attractive. This could be a result of the university environment rather than the halo effect since the participants were all students. Intelligent women may be perceived as more attractive because schools are very academically competitive and that prompts people to desire intelligent mates.

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surreal View Post
    Despite there being a lot of variation, research did show that people can tell (with somewhat reasonable accuracy) how smart a man is but not a woman. However, the research's conclusions were handicapped due to lack of Socionics knowledge.
    hello there