Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Villains of Untypical Types

  1. #1
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,293
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Villains of Untypical Types

    Inspired by @BandD’s post on Disney villains and by the thread on EII villains, what are some villains of untypical types?

    “Untypical” in my book would be Si-valuers. Alpha and Delta F types I would assume to be more untypical than the T types. But feel free to use your own judgement.

    Also suggested is briefly summarizing these character’s motivations.

    Apologies if this thread already exists; I blame the forum’s poor search engine. シ

  2. #2
    myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think every type can be evil regardless of their type. So there are no untypical villain types, however, the way they are evil may not fit stereotypical standards.

    SEIs are the cutest, so they might not fit into that standard but here is a SEI gone bad:



    Her ILE husband is also evil.

  3. #3
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,293
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    I think every type can be evil regardless of their type. So there are no untypical villain types, however, the way they are evil may not fit stereotypical standards.

    SEIs are the cutest, so they might not fit into that standard but here is a SEI gone bad:
    You say that, but how many SEI do you expect to find in your nearest prison? How many SLE? How many SEI cult leaders can you name? Mass shooters?

    Any type can be evil, sure, but one notices that certain types seem to be more inclined to act on their evil impulses to greater effect. @one’s crusade against her ESE brother is I’m sure righteous but the evilness she attributes to him seems limited to annoying her occasionally.

    That’s why I’m interested in villains of these types who do enough evil to write about! Are their motivations convincing? If so, do they tend to be particularly interesting? I’m curious to see!

  4. #4
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,293
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Everyone knows my answer to this
    Keep fighting the good fight. You’ll surely vanquish the forces of light and love if you try hard.

  5. #5
    Poptart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    1,342
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Real life villain - Elize Matsunaga shot and dismembered her husband

    https://www.netflix.com/title/81043160

    I think she’s SEI or ESI.

  6. #6
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,293
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Real life villain - Elize Matsunaga shot and dismembered her husband

    https://www.netflix.com/title/81043160

    I think she’s SEI or ESI.
    Hmm. SEI are crafty. I find it more difficult to believe an SEI killed him like that — a nurse should know ways to kill that are more subtle.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    574
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can’t remember her name anymore but I watched a documentary about a woman who killed her ex boyfriend/bf, maybe mutilated him also after he died, and then when she had their kid she committed suicide by drowning, with her kid (so she murdered him too). The documentary initially started out as a sort of letter to this baby when he grows up but they continued it even after he passed away.

  8. #8
    Seed my wickedness PseudoRandomBSGenerator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Executing Satanic rituals
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Posts
    6,929
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    And thus ESE the hugster was born.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  9. #9
    myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    You say that, but how many SEI do you expect to find in your nearest prison? How many SLE? How many SEI cult leaders can you name? Mass shooters?
    I am aware of the stereotypes: SLE in prison for rape and murder, EIE is cult leader, while SEI and ESE cooks meals and EII, IEE wander around like manic pixie dream girl/boy.

    Inmate people are generally in prison mainly either because of their environment/conditions or because they are pyschopaths. Ofcourse there are also some people who are there for their one-time crimes or their addictions/compulsions.

    Psychopath is someone who has no remorse or empathy, they are people who suffer from lack of conscience in irredeemable way. Like rest of the humanity, they come in all shapes and forms. They are not dominated by spesific types. I personally don't type them because their psyche is too jacked by other variables in their cognition. Most mass shooters probably fit into this category.

    If I were to evaluate people who are there because of their environment/conditions, I assume to find more SLEs than SEIs, but that doesn't necessarily make them more evil than rest.

    I am not in prison and in my life, I can't see the SLEs I know as evil or villain, I also don't know SEIs like that, but I am sure there are SLEs and SEIs who would fit into that. The people I would describe them that way were other types and some were Si/Ne valuers and I again met some other people of same type that I would even describe as too good. So I think these kinds of things are not matter of type.


    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Any type can be evil, sure, but one notices that certain types seem to be more inclined to act on their evil impulses to greater effect. @one’s crusade against her ESE brother is I’m sure righteous but the evilness she attributes to him seems limited to annoying her occasionally.

    That’s why I’m interested in villains of these types who do enough evil to write about! Are their motivations convincing? If so, do they tend to be particularly interesting? I’m curious to see!
    I think their core motivations are generally more tied to their enneagram types.

    Socionics wise, Si/Ne F villains fit more into norms, they appear to be more nice or righteous depending on Fi/Fe valuing.
    Last edited by myresearch; 07-19-2021 at 11:15 PM.

  10. #10
    BandD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    12,751
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    well I still stand by my theory that EIIs can be serial killers cuz Se polr can also make you execute Se in weird ways as much as it can make you appear oh so over the top innocent because you avoid Se stuff. A bullied LII nerd school shooter probably isn't that uncommon either. (no offense to LIIs though u know I love u)

    Se/Ni is naturally what makes a person 'villainous' cuz of the Hannibal nature. Ni - reading people. And Se - eating them. So any villain in the 'not typical' category would be Alpha or Delta.

    Ni/Se can also be Ni - creating. Se - dancing. Or Ni - thinking of healthy consensual sex. Se - executing it in a way that's moral and fun for both parties. Or Ni - thinking of an idea to empower all the Potential Slayers to rid the world of Pure evil vampires. Se = Saying something nice to Willow so she'll do it. But I mean yeah Se/Ni gets a bad reputation for the natural Hannibal-y ness to it.

  11. #11
    myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    well I still stand by my theory that EIIs can be serial killers cuz Se polr can also make you execute Se in weird ways as much as it can make you appear oh so over the top innocent because you avoid Se stuff. A bullied LII nerd school shooter probably isn't that uncommon either. (no offense to LIIs though u know I love u)
    I can't see the correlation of Se-polr getting bullied or murdering people. I can't see myself tolerating any kind of bullying that has done to me or people I love. I only get attempted to bullied once. When I was 12, some girl tried to bully me because she told me and others to buy some shoe and I said no, then started to insult me. I didn't respond first because I didn't care, but then other people start to join and I noticed that I care. Then I bullied them back, she ofcourse tried to fight back, but after sometime she started to run and hide when she sees me. I bullied her for a year.

    Before and after that, I also protected some people from bullying, however, if I don't know the back story of it, I generally don't interfere, because I discovered that there are sometimes reasons for that to happen.

  12. #12
    Lincatrope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Real life villain - Elize Matsunaga shot and dismembered her husband

    https://www.netflix.com/title/81043160

    I think she’s SEI or ESI.
    She wasn't the real villain, her husband was a narcissist and cheated on her, she also has some psychological issues and is probably some heavy borderline mix. Her crime was purely passionate and desperate which is different from evil intention. The dismembering I believe was to make sure he was dead and wasn't gonna come after her. I could be wrong though, I'm not very good at spotting people's intention, it's just what it seems to me.

  13. #13
    Lincatrope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEI dungeon master from D&D cartoon, apparently he was the villain after all.

  14. #14
    Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Evening and the Morning Star
    TIM
    EIE-Fe Sx/So
    Posts
    1,591
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    EII - Scarlet Witch
    What is good?—Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man. What is evil?—Whatever springs from weakness. What is happiness?—The feeling that power increases—that resistance is overcome.

  15. #15
    Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Evening and the Morning Star
    TIM
    EIE-Fe Sx/So
    Posts
    1,591
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Harley Quinn - ESE
    What is good?—Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man. What is evil?—Whatever springs from weakness. What is happiness?—The feeling that power increases—that resistance is overcome.

  16. #16
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    12,098
    Mentioned
    1228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    In the film Zootopia, the villain turns out to be an IEE, which I’d say is very unusual.

    However, the film’s main characters are LIE (Nick) and ESI (Judy), with most of the supporting characters being Betas (with a few exceptions. The weasel is SLI and the wolves are LSE), and since it is passably likely that the screenplay was written by an IEI, or at least, strongly influenced by one, then an IEE villain makes some sense.

    Rather than a portrayal of realistic social roles and inclinations, I see this choice as revenge for a grade school slight.

    Heck, the plot even explicitly features that.

  17. #17
    Akira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp sxsp
    Posts
    3,362
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    A lot of Karens are stereotypically alpha SF.
    Last edited by Akira; 09-04-2021 at 01:07 PM.

  18. #18
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    12,098
    Mentioned
    1228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    A lot of Karens are stereotypically alpha ST.
    I KNEW it. “Karens” are made-up.

  19. #19
    Akira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp sxsp
    Posts
    3,362
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I KNEW it. “Karens” are made-up.
    I meant SF. Lol
    Anyway pretty much yes. It's like they are acting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •