Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
Idk, I've had friends up until I dumped everyone because I was miserable. Having friends isn't a miraculous solutions, you can have friends who make you shut down and live even more in your head.
The major depression I had, I'd put 80% of it on feeling lonely when surrounded by people. I have a big ol' zero friends irl right now, yet I'm actually doing better and not having my efforts sabotaged. I really let the wrong people take too much space, it's like they controled my life, how I had the right to feel, it was a nightmare.
Then again, there's a drive in me pushing me towards people, and I have a will to live well with others. All I need now is to find out how to live well with myself through that.

At most, I think it may be hard for certain Ni leads to find people who make them feel like being around people is great. I got the message I was not welcome when I was 5, not super great a base to build self-esteem nor social skills. It's contradictory that I had friends still, lol.
I also think peeps who get stuck in their head can end up looking like Ni even if they aren't.

There was a gorvermental stat going around where I live about 10-15 years ago, it stated that at least 50% of the population would face depression at least once in their life. It's prolly higher by now.
Ya, I'd definitely agree that having good friends or even no friends can be better than having bad friends. I think the main things that friends, and in general "community" actually do to help is when it comes to things like motivation. An Ni dom(from what I know at least, this is definitely pretty out there so if anyone who is 100% an Ni dom would like to comment please do) is more likely to sit on their ass and just think about things instead of actually developing any hobbies or really do anything "productive", and they need the "push" of a group of people to get them to do something more than other types. More generally "mentally healthy" people who are able to get themselves to do things by themselves will be able to cut themselves off from negative communities/friends and be fine, but there are also people who have no connections to friends/communities but still need help on figuring out how to do things.