Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
Idk, I've had friends up until I dumped everyone because I was miserable. Having friends isn't a miraculous solutions, you can have friends who make you shut down and live even more in your head.
The major depression I had, I'd put 80% of it on feeling lonely when surrounded by people. I have a big ol' zero friends irl right now, yet I'm actually doing better and not having my efforts sabotaged. I really let the wrong people take too much space, it's like they controled my life, how I had the right to feel, it was a nightmare.
Then again, there's a drive in me pushing me towards people, and I have a will to live well with others. All I need now is to find out how to live well with myself through that.
A lot of people don't talk about this enough. Being around the wrong people can really hurt your mental health. Friends are really important for me, but I had friends that made me feel worse, more anxious, and crazy then my currents ones and I feel a helluva lot more chill and happy with my current relationships. Being around the right people for you is key. If not, it is much better being alone so you can be in the best environment for you.