Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sometimes intuition is just plain crap

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greeter
    I'm not sure that IXXp's necessarily have more athletic capabilties than IXXj.
    Actually, yes, IxxPs are supposed to be athletic.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFp is a possibilty indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

Yeah, I was going to say INFP, too. And Js are considered to have more body "control" and Ps have more body "rythm". But besides the athletic part, art and music and is more associated with being IxxP. There are plenty of INFPs here and for some reason you remind me of Transigent.
    MysticSonic said , and Rocky say Transigent. Both are INFp, so maybe I am. The reason I haven't typed myself an INFp is because after reading the description I just didn't think it suited my persona very well. And just in case I had some kind of bias against it, I asked if my sister and a friend could read the description and determine how much it WAS like me. Both shook their heads in disagreement. On the other hand, when reading the INFj description they said that I definately had more traits of this type. And my sister sometimes even thinks I am a Thinking type, so that baffles me furthermore. By the way I usually test out INXx.

Quote Originally Posted by "
    That's good observation Back ago I intentionally wanted my avatars to have "missing data" (I guess I was wanting more attention) now it's already automated and I just skip the "complete" avatars and I choose or make "incomplete" such without thinking. Btw I am anime fan (balanced one) too but Lain is female and people will miss me for female Tetsuo is just too evil and Kaneda somehow falls in the background in Akira.. his character isn't developed too much.. like any is in Akira? D0h! Can you recommend me smt pls?
    I don't think I've ever wanted my avatars to be 'incomplete,' at least I don't do it on purpose. I like creating or putting together my own avatars than having to choose out of some site. And, at the risk for sounding ignorant, I don't know what smt is .

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Actually, yes, IxxPs are supposed to be athletic.
    Perhaps IXXp's are 'suppose' to be athletic, but that doesn't mean IXXj's don't have the same potential. I'm not going against John N's research, but I'm definately not eliminating the possibility of an equally athletic IXXj.

The Greeter is INFP
    Just wondering, are the only basis to this conclusion my avatar, my writing 'style and some generalization of what an IXXp TENDS to be?'

Anyway, thanks for replying everyone.

Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INFp is a possibilty indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Interesting, deciding type by avatar. Could you tell I was an INTp from mine?
    I'm not sure ^^; INTp's are idolizable people beyond my comprehension I'm afraid. But... It's abstract, no doubt, nothing as far from reality as your Avatar is. Open-endedness I tried to find it in the need to "imagine frames of a process" rather than "having the picture of a whole state". Mine doesn't teases you to need former or latter frames to fill it with meaning, nor guessing what's not being seen on the scene. But what can I say... "xxxJ"-ness is more "picture"-like, and it's rather challenging to choose one that expresses "xxxP"-ness.
    Discrete understanding is easy to paint on a single picture, but is not the case for Continuous understanding. I dunno, yours seems ambigous to me ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    this is exactly the kind of stuff that inspired this post >.<
    Guilty >.<

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter
    You might have a point about the P's are more adaptable. But on the other hand, my sister is an XNTj (more introverted than extravted so I guess 'I') is also very athletic. Unless for for some reason she is an exception, I'm not sure that IXXp's necessarily have more athletic capabilties than IXXj.
    Rocky's neurological guesses based on www.braintypes.com suggest that since N develops at the expense of S of the same sign, and since is the spatial-motor logic INxJ's who focus on the opposite quadrant of the brain are the most affected (and thus the dumbest) of the socion. And since INxP's focus on the same hemisphere and also won't underdevelop as much as then they can defend themselves a little better.

I know even less about BrainTypes than Socionics, I'll look into it.
    There's no official relation with Socionics itself. They just claim to be rather corresponding to MBTI and some of us... are too N-biased to oversee similitudes and start imprudent guessing ahead ^^; I can feel Pedro is just about to pull out his shotgun and chase INFx's and ENTp's right away reading my confessions =.=

Okay before I go anywhere, my avatar is not Hotohori!! It's a character in my head that I drew on paper.
    My sincere apologyze about that ^^;;; I didn't knew it was original, I was too rude ^^;; But indeed, avatar V.I. if possible would be of top significance in the case of a custom avatar As it's a product of your own creativity, should reflect your own decisions way better.

I don't think I've ever wanted my avatars to be 'incomplete,' at least I don't do it on purpose.
    Even better ! The more unaware you're of your own type, the less biased you act towards tests ^^;;

Perhaps IXXp's are 'suppose' to be athletic, but that doesn't mean IXXj's don't have the same potential. I'm not going against John N's research, but I'm definately not eliminating the possibility of an equally athletic IXXj.
    I know it really doesn't sounds fair at all ^^;; But if theories are right about this, then that's just as possible as type to change with time ^^;; Besides, this doesn't applies to physical shape itself, all types can be strong and healthy, just motor-logic abilities, precision, "Intuition of space" in a word. ^^; But nobody said theories were right So we must always doubt ^^;

Just wondering, are the only basis to this conclusion my avatar, my writing 'style and some generalization of what an IXXp TENDS to be?'
    To these very guesses maybe yes... but before I get a free headshot I must say the last word about your sociotype should be yours ^^; Since we don't know you in person or really had a thoroughful self-description we can't really get conclusions. Your right type's finding should slowly feel like an overwhelming source of answers that contrast with your reality every day the more you understand the underlying theory, the details of your Model-A, the relationships you develop with other sociotype-confirmed people and such. (That may be a good definition for Imprudent and Stubborn Intuition too ^^

And of course I bet rmcnew will be happy if you test his always-developing socionic megatest here and give him feedback He just released v3.0 (376 questions) It hits INFj for me too.
    http://socionics.wsphere.com/socionicstypetest.html
    This small thing hit INFj for me too. It's not Socionics though.
    http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore/inventory.html

By the way! I'm really happy I found two anime fans here! Never thought there would be any! We can start threads investingating character sociotypes! yey! *^^*

I'll throw the first stones :
    Iwakura Lain: INTp
    Yuuki Miaka: ESFp
    Yui (Her friend): INTj
    Balzac

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Koneko
    I'm not sure ^^; INTp's are idolizable people beyond my comprehension I'm afraid. But... It's abstract, no doubt, nothing as far from reality as your Avatar is. Open-endedness I tried to find it in the need to "imagine frames of a process" rather than "having the picture of a whole state". Mine doesn't teases you to need former or latter frames to fill it with meaning, nor guessing what's not being seen on the scene. But what can I say... "xxxJ"-ness is more "picture"-like, and it's rather challenging to choose one that expresses "xxxP"-ness.
    Discrete understanding is easy to paint on a single picture, but is not the case for Continuous understanding. I dunno, yours seems ambigous to me ^^;
    My avatar is a picture of Ayn Rand (ISTj) proclaiming the superiority of Se. So, you could interpret it as Benefactor worship and looking for the dual-function, Se.

One could assign Discrete understanding to the Statics (IJ, EP) and Continuous understanding to the Dynamics (IP, EJ). Your avatar, Koneko, shows a single idea, a cat-like person without a background. There is no potential movement. The picture shows the qualities and capabilities of the cat, which is characteristic of IJ types.

Sorry, Pedro, but we intuitives can't help ourselves!

As a preference, I think The Greeter's avatar is much more colorful and thus more pleasing to look at, but I like your avatar better. I can't understand yours, thus the possibilities of what it might mean are infinite.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted. post not relevant to topic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuition can always be a good guide. Intuition is usually closer to right than a completely wrong answer. I think that even when intuition is a little misguided it is usually headed in the right direction, whereas a wrong "fact" can be completely wasteful or stagnant.

I think that in alot of situations intuition can ignore the main point and focus on the big picture, which is always costly if the main point is already there and waiting to be discovered.

I'd say its best to focus on the facts, if you can, and then when you have absorbed all of them, the intuition can help to bridge the gap between the separate phenomenon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only because you can create connections between anything so you insert the meaning after all the information comes in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that Intuition and Sensing appear to inhibit each other however I think that in reality this comes out because of the width of our conciousness and where we aim it in our mind. Imagine a flash light, you are in a dark room, someone wrote N in one corner of the room, and S int he other corner of the room. You can choose which one you want to light up and with what intensity. Your beam width is however fixed. Some people are born with wider beams and some with narrower beams. The people with wider beams are more concious and can use both perceptions with much skill, while those with low conciousness, can only choose a single point. Both types of people can be on any part of the perception (s/n) scale. Thats just what I think.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they inhibit use of one another but not development of one another per se. You can only use your arm for one activity at a time (like hammering a nail or climbing a rope) but not for only one activity. The problem seems to be that the functions operate under the "use it or lose it" principle and since we tend to not excercise our functions evenly they do not develop evenly. Also I think that you can develop functions fairly easily in the initial stages but beyond that it takes greater and greater effort/time to increase our functional muscles. The solution to this is to expend great amount of effort over short periods of time to develop one function and small effort over greater periods of time to develop another so the overall development is even over a time interval. The problem of intuition OR sensation and so forth only comes in when all your time/effort resources have been expended which rarely happens imo. As you develop the functions they require more and more "food" in order to be maintained (just like real muscles) and eventually this leads to the conflict pattern that we are familiar with but it is not inherent to the system. If resources were infinite I do not think you would see functional suppression but you would still see "types" due to the uneven development cycles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beliefs can only be accepted through perceptions of the point of view. You can always learn other peoples perceptions by learning rules, but its not the real deal. No one can really explain how thei rbase function works, its always common sense. Weaker functions need systems to replace them, and those systems dont count as development of personality.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Creepy-

oh, how much all the functions rely on one another!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    My avatar is a picture of Ayn Rand (ISTj) proclaiming the superiority of Se. So, you could interpret it as Benefactor worship and looking for the dual-function, Se.
    I should start wearing one worshipping superiority of , wearing your face nothing as convenient as going surrounded by benefactors. A true 's good deal strategical choice indeed.
    Balzac

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slava wrote:
    Beliefs can only be accepted through perceptions of the point of view. You can always learn other peoples perceptions by learning rules, but its not the real deal. No one can really explain how thei rbase function works, its always common sense. Weaker functions need systems to replace them, and those systems dont count as development of personality.

Huh?
    Most of the time people can't truely grasp a truth which comes only with a perception, thorugh words alone. It might logically make sense and seem clear, when morrals are explained to you, but you cannot truely feel it without the specific function in place. Values seem to form around functions, and the willfull development of functions can also come from the desire to accept specific values. But otherwise how can you sinserely laugh at a joke like ... "the music is so red!", if you arent wearing that same audio to visual converter device? You can't. You can only build a system for yourself after observing correlations.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, N is developed at the cost of S, that's just the way it goes; one inhibits the other.
    If this is true then people with very well developed N and less developed S may be the ones responsible for developing ESP (extrasensory perception). Consider this - people with grandious intuition and weak S may imagine how they can take a chair and break it on a back of a blockhead which bulleyed them. However, when they want to take this idea to practice, they tend to think that they can do this with their minds. So, they concentrate on that chair and demand of it that it should lift itself up and break the bully's back.

Nice scenario... It occured to me that ESP was developed by such people who have underdeveloped S and who spend most of their lives using N (as a primary or secondary function).

What do you think?

Could an INTJ concentrate his/hers mind on a chair and try to lift it in the air believing (logical proof, but not derived from Sensoric facts, but from intuitive facts - generalizations) that it's possible?
    drake
    --Dilemmas are illusions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12