Thread: Music taste by Quadra and type

TIM
    IEI-Fe 469
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Music taste by Quadra and type

Would be interesting if there is anything thematic amidst the same type.. I know for instance, I like whimsical music, but also powerful upbeat ones, Se suggestive.. I wonder if the suggestive function impacts a large degree of our taste.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trap/Drill, Noise-rock, post-punk, 80s synthpop, misc. 90s alternative, etc. I like heavy percussion, aggressive guitar riffs, catchy melodies and super-sad vocals and lyrical content
    Last edited by Averroes; 07-08-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Google badass lone wolf quotes MrInternet42069's Avatar
    TIM
    ESI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like it's generally easier to predict through temperaments or just Introversion vs Extroversion. In some cases you can tell whether it's Fi/Fe or Si/Se. But even so, not in a meaningful enough way for it to always be accurate. Slowcore and black metal are two of my favourite genres, which overall seems like introverted genres.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well personally speaking I like mainstream gay pop music that makes straight male ILIs cringe with disgust. I also like trance a lot.

I prefer upbeat music too. I guess because i'm a spoiled piece of crap who doesn't know true pain but I don't think that's it. Even when I'm really sad and depressed I don't like sad and depressed music... I can like 'bittersweet' though like the song 'Reaching' by Steph Stance. I enjoy that one. It's sad - but still has this sweetness to it.

I like gay dance music too, big Kylie Minogue Fan etc. I can listen to 'Better Than Today' 30 times a day and not get tired of it.

Don't think it's all that Beta-specific, just Bandd-specific. If Kylie isn't EIE it would make me sad though!

TIM
    IEI-Fe, 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how much musical taste is tied to Sociotype, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Suggestive played a role given my tastes. I absolutely love over the top aggressive, emo, EDM, metal mashups. If it sounds like it was music made to rapidly kill things to in a video game then I'll probably like it. I like most metal at least a little, but mostly I'm in it for the raw aggression and speed. Bonus points for super emo lyrics and a mix of screaming and clean singing.

That being said my tastes are pretty broad, so that isn't ALL I listen to, but if I had to pick something to listen to forever I'd pick something along those lines. Here's a small sampling of what I like:

Anaal Nathrakh - Forward https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmloi1rcres
    The Plot In You - Troll https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg6ESrm-URA
    Bring Me The Horizon / Babymetal - Kingslayer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKyXvNkGQKc
    GRANRODEO - Modern Strange Cowboy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyvpZ5AVcTA
    Fit For A King - Deathgrip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thbUKoahqmg
    Riot - Overkill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8pOVirjGF0

Yes, I know all the gatekeeping metalheads will consider my taste pretty bad. That's fine. I am unashamed lol

Bonus song that doesn't fit in with the others but I love to death:
    Silva - Addict https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulfeM8JGq7s
    Angel is my baby boi and you can't have him!
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike almost all lyrics. So, classical, instrumental,... (movies and video games soundtracks mostly). As strange as it may sound, I tolerate lyrics in metal. I like thrash metal and melodeath the most. Metal represents maybe 10% of all music I listen.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R&B is my Achilles‘ heel.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t really know as much or spend my time listening to as much music as most people on the forum, but the music I listen to tends to be upbeat, happy, not too serious.
    φιλοκαλοῦμέν τε γὰρ μετ᾽ εὐτελείας καὶ φιλοσοφοῦμεν ἄνευ μαλακίας.

It’s hard to translate this literally and poetically into English, but this is my attempt at a translation: “For we love beauty, that we attain good ends thereby, and we love wisdom, though not in a way that makes us soft, nor that causes us to value weakness.”

TIM
    ILI-HC ?
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    I dislike almost all lyrics. So, classical, instrumental,... (movies and video games soundtracks mostly). As strange as it may sound, I tolerate lyrics in metal. I like thrash metal and melodeath the most. Metal represents maybe 10% of all music I listen.
    Quite the opposite for me

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone asked Gulenko a question related to this: whether certain types are more likely to listen to heavy metal music.

I liked his answer because he brought up a few points including influence of age/generation and upbringing. To be honest I'm not sure what Gulenko means by "level of development."

There is no definitive answer, it seems.
    A person with already strong Se could enjoy heavy metal. Potentially you could seek it because it speaks to your unconscious, it makes you feel stronger.

˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚ aster's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-N 946 so/sp
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

went through a stage when I was in HS where I bought a ton of a CD’s and listened to a bunch of rock bands... mostly 60’s 70’s and some 80’s and 90’s trying to find exactly what I liked and familiarized myself with the different ones.

things I did/discovered

Led Zeppelin hands down best band.
    my favorite band.

Kurt cobain is depressingly relatable and I listened to the Nevermind album repeatedly

memorized most if not all the Beatles, queen, Aerosmith, songs

bands with best lyrics imo~ Led Zeppelin, Simon & Garfunkel, Pink Floyd, the doors

the 70’s- best music

anymore I really like Cage the Elephant. A lot. Their lyrics particularly. I have a thing for great lyrics

tbh haven’t been listening to much music lately. I’m in a weird funk.
    𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Antidote for your soul pandemic candy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly video game music

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life
    . -John 3:16

Apologetics

Stop wasting time

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I was 14-16 I really liked the Super Mario RPG boss battle music lol. Still do! It seems funky and Fe valuing?