Strong base subtype: doesn’t think enough about important things (comes across as selfish or self-absorbed)
Strong creative subtype: thinks about the wrong things (comes across as distracted, pig-headed)

I think a lot of my friends (some are ex-friends now) have a strong-ish base subtype. I think my dad does too and I might. My subtype has caused me more problems than it has those friends. Sometimes I marvel that I had 3 close IP friends for 15 years and not one of them asked me why I was always single/alone. They weren’t necessarily friends with each other. Maybe it’s partly due to their IP-ness- IPs are often caught up in their own world.

I think I am nicer than those friends but I can see that they have a depressive streak in them, that is different to the problems I experience. Their depression sometimes becomes clear and it sort of shakes me into awareness- like gosh even people in relationships with good jobs are struggling..and reminds me that I’m not alone in my struggles. Unfortunately, some of these friendships did not work out in the end which I view as unlucky. I was no longer the upbeat person they needed. I am actually friends with more upbeat people now- I needed people who were a bit more openly caring, to help me feel like I mattered and that my own pain was valid and not something to hide anymore.