Thread: Your mirage meets their dual/activity. Your honest take

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m beginning to think Mirage is the relation where partners stay together for several years without getting married and the woman wants to get married, but then when they split the man marries his next partner within a couple years.

The woman considers the man “good enough”, because he is attractive, comfortable, and women have been socially influenced to be more willing to settle; but the man recognizes his partner will never fully fit the bill of what he’s looking for, and just stays until something more interesting (someone who has his dual-seeking function in their ego?) comes along.

I would expand on this to reference Mirage within the description of “educational” relations here: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...and-Energetics
    “This type of family is founded with the explicit or implicit goals of resolving internal psychological problems. A person in such union does not so much look for material or career support as emotional support.”

To me, it makes sense because women as a whole are more inclined to seek and prioritize emotional fulfillment and reciprocity in romance, while men have an innate drive to attain experience and novelty. A generalization, of course.

This just randomly occurred to me, but I share it because I’ve seen so many situations exactly like the one I described above play out in real life.

I’ve also seen plenty of Mirage pairs last a lifetime and never lose their passion.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 06-07-2021 at 01:54 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    I’m beginning to think Mirage is the relation where partners stay together for several years without getting married and the woman wants to get married, but then when they split the man marries his next partner within a couple years.

The woman considers the man “good enough”, because he is attractive, comfortable, and women have been socially influenced to be more willing to settle; but the man recognizes his partner will never fully fit the bill of what he’s looking for, and just stays until something more interesting (someone who has his dual-seeking function in their ego?) comes along.

I would expand on this to reference Mirage within the description of “educational” relations here: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...and-Energetics
    “This type of family is founded with the explicit or implicit goals of resolving internal psychological problems. A person in such union does not so much look for material or career support as emotional support.”

To me, it makes sense because women as a whole are more inclined to seek and prioritize emotional fulfillment and reciprocity in romance, while men have an innate drive to attain experience and novelty. A generalization, of course.

This just randomly occurred to me, but I share it because I’ve seen so many situations exactly like the one I described above play out in real life.

I’ve also seen plenty of Mirage pairs last a lifetime.
    This works for me.

My first GF was a Mirage, then she got married and is still married. After trying a few randoms, I got married for many years to an SLI.
    Then I got divorced, had a second Mirage GF for four years, and now I’m looking for a Dual for permanence.
    Since I haven’t heard a word from my last Mirage partner for five months, I’m hoping that she found a Dual for herself.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-07-2021 at 02:45 PM.