Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    After learning about socionics, I noticed that I am highly attracted solely by Fe egos, more precisely beta NFs but I haven't met with any avaliable alpha SF male and even if I did, I interacted with them in a such short amount of time, I don't even know their types. Generally, Fe-egos show up and use emotional methods, persuasion, tricks and sometimes manipulation and some succeed to open the gates of my heart or make me realize that I enjoy all this stuff, then I can get attracted by other people.
    Not related to the rest of the post, but my experience with beta NFs is similar, fwiw. I tend to interact more and be more attracted to them than by Alpha SFs.

Now this could be a result of my Fe seeking or could be a result of my upbringing or individualistic features. However, I generally see F-seeking types literally seeking F, some can be more aware of it and some may not.
    I've also noticed this. Some T types will also seem to seek other T people, but this seems less common than F people seeking F. I'm not sure what to make of it.

I think other IEs that are not F also have their own language of love. For example, Ni-egos might be in need of decisive response and position to show their devotion and Se egos might seek devoted individuals to be decisive on. I haven't observed a lot of Si/Ne-dom couples, according to my insufficient observations and my own perception, Ne is more about being alligned with where you stand intellectually, like why are you doing or choosing something, what is your motive in it. They value matching with their partner on an intellectual level, that's why it is based on finding mutual interests etc. I am interested to hear about this more if people want to add or change something.
    Personally speaking I don't think I care if someone has similar interests. I just like people who are curious and open. What they're particularly interested in is less important.

Wanting to understand people's motives I can relate to, maybe. I like to talk to people about why they make the choices they make. I'm not sure that's common to all Ne egos though; I don't think ILEs are so interested in this, for instance.

I think duality is overly idealized and romanticized in socionics communities. People can approach life, relationships differently than each other regardless of their type. They can have opposite individualistic qualities, they can find different things important and headed in different direction of life. Besides, in relationships, passion generally tends to decrease after years. There are other obstacles in life that affects one's general mental and emotional state. Duality can cause a person to behave and communicate in a way without needing to adapt. Duals can give each other subconcious confirmations to devalue some unvalued IEs, which could make them unadaptable in life and resent each other because of it. Saying that non-dual couples also tend to have problems due to different reasons. Long relationships require some effort and commitment from both parties regardless of ITR. Hence I don't think that duality is a magic pill that guarantees anything, so dualized people can find their partner dissatisfying, have a wandering eye, want to try something else etc. According to my observations, some people admire their dual and some people overlook, some people like them but as a friend. I personally don't want to limit my relationship with someone due to socionics if it is working in reality.
    I agree.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I've also noticed this. Some T types will also seem to seek other T people, but this seems less common than F people seeking F. I'm not sure what to make of it.
    Just my 2 cents, I think F people seeking F is common because they seek a similar level of sensitivity in emotions and emotional depth/fluency in others, and these things are more outwardly apparent in F types.
    For example, some female F friends of mine describe ideal partners with adjectives such as "emotionally sensitive" "artistic" etc in abundance..

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    For example, some female F friends of mine describe ideal partners with adjectives such as "emotionally sensitive" "artistic" etc in abundance..
    And later they bitch about it..?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Just my 2 cents, I think F people seeking F is common because they seek a similar level of sensitivity in emotions and emotional depth/fluency in others, and these things are more outwardly apparent in F types.
    It’s me, I’m one of those. On some level, we think that another ethical type is our ideal for the reasons you listed, but we fail to take into account you can’t go at life solely with ethics. Rational types cool off the fire of ethical types, something ethicals can’t do for themselves or for other ethical types. That’s my problem with ESE - we emotionally stimulate one another and neither one of us wants to be logical, so we get stuck in the ethical “on” position and it’s very uncomfortable.

From what I’ve seen, rational types are the same way - they say they value level-headedness and practicality above all else in a partner, and then once in a relationship with a fellow logical type they find themselves in an emotional desert.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    It’s me, I’m one of those. On some level, we think that another ethical type is our ideal for the reasons you listed, but we fail to take into account you can’t go at life solely with ethics. Rational types cool off the fire of ethical types, something ethicals can’t do for themselves or for other ethical types. That’s my problem with ESE - we emotionally stimulate one another and neither one of us wants to be logical, so we get stuck in the ethical “on” position and it’s very uncomfortable.

From what I’ve seen, rational types are the same way - they say they value level-headedness and practicality above all else in a partner, and then once in a relationship with a fellow logical type they find themselves in an emotional desert.

Certain folk oughta read what you just wrote.

Some people are desperate. Maybe I'm wrong but liking someone who's just "nice" is superficial. People should try dating themselves. Take yourself out somewhere, read an article with yourself, watch a flick with yourself Once a person adequately knows themselves, find a compliment.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you been with any T type before? I’m curious if you could explain what you valued about them. And how does lack of logic manifest itself as a problem?

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you been with any T type before? I’m curious if you could explain what you valued about them. And how does lack of logic manifest itself as a problem?
    Yes - but the specific person was arguably unhealthy, so I won’t use that story for reference.

Both my parents are T types, and most of my close friends have been T types. At least for me, I find them easier to get along with than ethical types. They argue less over frivolous matters, give great advice, and are often solid and loyal in the face of difficult situations. Ethical types are more inclined to follow the call of their emotions to do something they said they wouldn’t, but logical types are less inclined to inconsistent behavior. I can breathe easy with most T types.

Usually the absence of logic with a pair of ethical types manifests as an inability to calmly deal with matters. Normally, an F brings their ethical concern to the T, who then offers their thoughts and solutions. The F is relieved of ethical stress, and the T feels needed and loved. But in an F-F relationship, both people are constantly bringing concerns to the other without getting any meaningful (to them) feedback, and start to think the other person is deliberately not “using their brain.” This typically results in very emotionally charged arguments.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes - but the specific person was arguably unhealthy, so I won’t use that story for reference.

Both my parents are T types, and most of my close friends have been T types. At least for me, I find them easier to get along with than ethical types. They argue less over frivolous matters, give great advice, and are often solid and loyal in the face of difficult situations. Ethical types are more inclined to follow the call of their emotions to do something they said they wouldn’t, but logical types are less inclined to inconsistent behavior. I can breathe easy with most T types.

Usually the absence of logic with a pair of ethical types manifests as an inability to calmly deal with matters. Normally, an F brings their ethical concern to the T, who then offers their thoughts and solutions. The F is relieved of ethical stress, and the T feels needed and loved. But in an F-F relationship, both people are constantly bringing concerns to the other without getting any meaningful (to them) feedback, and start to think the other person is deliberately not “using their brain.” This typically results in very emotionally charged arguments.
    My SEI ex would sometimes sit down with me, explain problems, and ask me for advice, but I tended to feel that she didn't think it was useful. I think she felt frustrated that I rarely offered a single solution, but generally tried to explain various options. I don't know if this is typical for LIIs; intuitively it would seem that base T types would be more inclined to present a single "best" option, and T-creatives would be more inclined to present several, so perhaps it indicates I'm mistyped. In any case though, I would say I tend to be cautious when giving advice, and perhaps expressed too much of this caution for her taste; I think she would have preferred someone tell her "just try this!" and relieve her of the stress of making the "wrong" choice rather than than try to talk through all the options, present the pros and cons of each, and leave the final decision up to her. Maybe there has to be more compatibility than just F + T.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SEI ex would sometimes sit down with me, explain problems, and ask me for advice, but I tended to feel that she didn't think it was useful. I think she felt frustrated that I rarely offered a single solution, but generally tried to explain various options. I don't know if this is typical for LIIs; intuitively it would seem that base T types would be more inclined to present a single "best" option, and T-creatives would be more inclined to present several, so perhaps it indicates I'm mistyped. In any case though, I would say I tend to be cautious when giving advice, and perhaps expressed too much of this caution for her taste; I think she would have preferred someone tell her "just try this!" and relieve her of the stress of making the "wrong" choice rather than than try to talk through all the options, present the pros and cons of each, and leave the final decision up to her. Maybe there has to be more compatibility than just F + T.
    That's positivism vs. negativism I believe, positivists(like ILE) will be more inclined to be confident enough in solutions they give out to brashly give it out as "the right answer", while a negativist(like LII) will be more conscious of how it could go wrong.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think you’re mistyped, it just indicates stronger intuition as per your subtype. LII-Ti is more categorical. What you’re describing with your SEI ex sounds like her expectation of Se role - ILEs have abundant ideas, with just enough of an ability to decide on one and kick them into motion. LII’s ideas favor depth over breadth, which in my experience is like candy to ESEs, but a little disorienting to SEIs. Ne creatives analyze prospects in the context of the rational base. There is always a context, a method to the madness. SEI just wants to know the prospects objectively.