Thread: Do you prefer your Mirage or Activity partner?

Hybrid View

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a weird ass way, my mirage relation and I do a lot of shit shooting with our intuitive functions. So during a freaking convo, her weak Ne supplies my Ni & visa versa. The polarity of our intuitive functions compliment meaning even ILE/EII can inspire my Ni. Guessing types who view the future excitedly make it interesting

Goes to show how retarded dual seeking gets, man. Maybe somebody else has ever had a similar experience

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    In a weird ass way, my mirage relation and I do a lot of shit shooting with our intuitive functions. So during a freaking convo, her weak Ne supplies my Ni & visa versa. The polarity of our intuitive functions compliment meaning even ILE/EII can inspire my Ni. Guessing types who view the future excitedly make it interesting

Goes to show how retarded dual seeking gets, man. Maybe somebody else has ever had a similar experience
    Yeah, there seems to be a contingent of people that act like duality is the perfect relationship and anything else is a deviation from that, but there's a lot you can get from different types you can't get from your dual. Even in the context of a romantic/sexual relationship, SEIs can be relaxed, fun, and playfully childlike and genuine in a way that ESEs aren't; I really love that about them. EIEs seem to easily "get" how I feel, usually better than I can, and can challenge me psychologically toe-to-toe -- I don't think any other type can do this, and especially not ESEs, who have trouble understanding N ideas, let alone enjoy fighting over them.

I don't particularly dislike ESEs, and I've really enjoyed talking to them at times, but if I had to choose one person or type I could talk to for the rest of my life, I'm sure I wouldn't choose an ESE. I'm skeptical that duality is necessarily optimal for marriage, but there's definitely a lot more to broader life and social relationships than duality.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 06-19-2021 at 02:58 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Yeah, there seems to be a contingent of people that act like duality is the perfect relationship and anything else is a deviation from that, but there's a lot you can get from different types you can't get from your dual. Even in the context of a romantic/sexual relationship, SEIs can be relaxed, fun, and playfully childlike and genuine in a way that ESEs aren't; I really love that about them. EIEs seem to easily "get" how I feel, usually better than I can, and can challenge me psychologically toe-to-toe -- I don't think any other type can do this, and especially not ESEs, who have trouble understanding N ideas, let alone enjoy fighting over them.

I don't particularly dislike ESEs, and I've really enjoyed talking to them at times, but if I had to choose one person or type I could talk to for the rest of my life, I'm sure I wouldn't choose an ESE. I'm skeptical that duality is necessarily optimal for marriage, but there's definitely a lot more to broader life and social relationships that duality.
    Yeah, duality is function complimentary not romance. Figure your function's polarity, then creatively find a compliment. That way, simple yet casual conversations can dualize the psych. In fact, watching an interview could have a dualizing effect on the psych. Once one dualizes the psych, one won't become needy psychologically. That's my take, anyway.

You've got the concept nailed though, man

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't particularly dislike ESEs, and I've really enjoyed talking to them at times, but if I had to choose one person or type I could talk to for the rest of my life, I'm sure I wouldn't choose an ESE. I'm skeptical that duality is necessarily optimal for marriage, but there's definitely a lot more to broader life and social relationships than duality.
    I was just about to create a new thread about this topic. Because I've noticed, while your dual is your holistic complement and can get along with you optimally, they don't necessarily understand you or the way you identify with your inert functions. And I was curious as to, what relation other than identity really understands you? LIEs, my semi-duals, somehow seem to understand my mind better than LSEs. I can say a nonsensical phrase and my LIE-Ni cousin will answer me as if I just told him the full sentence that was in my head. My LSE-Si cousin is pleasant to interact with, but conversing with her there is a palpable disconnect in why what is important to the other person is so. There is a closer psychological distance with her than with LIE, and in the moment we accurately gauge and respond to each other's motives; but on paper, it doesn't make any sense where these motives come from and we are left thinking the other person is just kind of weird.

I remember this happening when I excitedly introduced my SLI best friend to my IEE best friend. They got along seamlessly, but afterward were confused as to how that even occurred with such obvious differences between the two. Perhaps it's a result of accessing one's weakest and most unconscious functions that they normally never think about.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 06-19-2021 at 06:25 PM.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    What part of you do you want to be understood exactly? You seem to talk about your Ne/Ni, but a type isn't only about the creative.

Duals definitely don't work like you at all, so as far as understanding what for example Se-Polr or Ne-creative feels like, well, I don't think that LSE can really empathize or comprehend. Duals are complimentary opposites; the point of that relationship is not to 'understand' one another, but to support, accept and appreciate someone unconditionally, to feel secure and to have 'basic functioning' expectations being met, and that is worth one's weight in gold in close relationships imo.

But as said above, there are advantages to other relationships also. It's a balance. Are you ready to sacrifice comfort and security(no one to protect you against Se) for understanding, growth and work on your creative/demonstrative? Then semi-duality can be nice for example. If you're ready to sacrifice some of your basic expectations(no suggestive) and not being accepted unconditionally(mirage view each other as silly) in order to gain self-growth, self-awareness and more comprehension? Then mirage is pretty nice. If you're ok with less comfort(no protection of Polr, different life rythms)and less aligned priorities(rational/irrational ) in exchange for more fun action & outward orientation, then activity is nice too!

About activity: LSE seem to superficially deal with Si & Fi stuff the same way I do, but this kind of 'kinship' feels more like we commiserate together rather than support each other. SLI & EII have inert Fi so their Fi feels more like 'I'm doing my duty by being there for you' rather than 'I'm doing a U-turn in my personal affections because I feel like something's wrong' like LSE and IEE might do. Having the inert pendant to your contact creative seems to give it an achor and stabilize it.

My 2 cents
    I like this breakdown. What I wrote was not to suggest I preferred another intertype over duality; simply to state that I feel my duals and I are of such different polarities when it comes to information elements, that forming an emotional bond based on a mutual sense of innate connection or empathy...well, it’s something I haven’t figured out how to do with LSEs. I’m a person for whom static emotional bonds carry meaning beyond simply being a convenient partner for someone. I say that because most of the LSEs I have gotten along with have seemed to view me as a convenient presence, and not much else. I feel I would have less of this issue with LSEs who have sx in either first or second position in instinctual stacking, but I haven’t met many.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 06-19-2021 at 09:43 PM.

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree wholeheartedly. Most people probably do not even marry their dual..
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits