Thread: MGTOW

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    But "manning up" is specifically what they resent doing. They literally believe that women are biologically-wired to financially exploit "provider males" while fawning over "alpha males", and that accepting responsibility means playing into that. They believe that all societies are built to cater to women, with "beta males" being the workhorses, and that traditional conservatism is simply another vector for women to assert control over men. I don't think that they're going to be swayed by a paternalistic authority to accept traditional responsibilities. They point to divorce statistics (i.e. that women initiate 70% of divorces) to make the case that women are hypergamous.

I reeeally don't care about other people's lifestyles and don't normally care about this stuff, but am forced to contend with it, because Japan, which is good at exporting its culture, is experiencing an accelerated version of this phenomenon. Significant numbers of young men are opting out of traditional obligations, like work and marriage, with consequences for Japan's economy and demographics.
    On earlier posts, you said this kind of movement is a result of women getting more financial power, becoming more educated, succesful, etc. I think you are right. However, this conflicts with men feeling exploited by women. Because in a way this movement exists since women started to get financial power, so they don't have to rely on men, however, men complain about being exploited in this sense. It seems like they are not aware of what they are doing and why they are doing it.

I know you said that women still tend to want who are more sucessful, educated etc. I also agree, ofcourse not all women are like that but there is a tendency. However, this is the result of the past and there are other reflections of past that puts women in the position where they feel exploited. For example, eventhough women and men have equal working conditions, women have tendency to take care of the chores while men may feel free to not contribute. It is again more expected for a women to drop or change her career for the sake of men. Women have given the role of a support and now even that they have equal conditions, there is also this kind of tendency. That's why, I have said men or women who think they have been dealt a bad hand due to their own gender cannot grasp the perspective of opposite gender.

This shift started a few centuries ago, hence I think people will find the right equilibrium in time. Since women also have equal right, people can choose the roles who fit them more rather than feeling obliged to wear a gender role imposed by society. I am glad that I don't have to play joan of arc. Since roles are changing, there are actually men who exploit women for money and some men now feel the imposition of adapting. Things are changing for the better and the worse.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    On earlier posts, you said this kind of movement is a result of women getting more financial power, becoming more educated, succesful, etc. I think you are right. However, this conflicts with men feeling exploited by women. Because in a way this movement exists since women started to get financial power, so they don't have to rely on men, however, men complain about being exploited in this sense. It seems like they are not aware of what they are doing and why they are doing it.

I know you said that women still tend to want who are more sucessful, educated etc. I also agree, ofcourse not all women are like that but there is a tendency. However, this is the result of the past and there are other reflections of past that puts women in the position where they feel exploited. For example, eventhough women and men have equal working conditions, women have tendency to take care of the chores while men may feel free to not contribute. It is again more expected for a women to drop or change her career for the sake of men. Women have given the role of a support and now even that they have equal conditions, there is also this kind of tendency. That's why, I have said men or women who think they have been dealt a bad hand due to their own gender cannot grasp the perspective of opposite gender.

This shift started a few centuries ago, hence I think people will find the right equilibrium in time. Since women also have equal right, people can choose the roles who fit them more rather than feeling obliged to wear a gender role imposed by society. I am glad that I don't have to play joan of arc. Since roles are changing, there are actually men who exploit women for money and some men now feel the imposition of adapting. Things are changing for the better and the worse.
    Yeah, it would be nice to reach an equilibrium where men & women share equal duties and responsibilities.