Thread: Explain it to me: Israel vs Palestine

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm reading a very interesting book right now which speculates on the kind of world we would have if all forms of coercive force were ended. It is science fiction.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I'm reading a very interesting book right now which speculates on the kind of world we would have if all forms of coercive force were ended. It is science fiction.
    Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism?

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Benjamin Franklin put it best: "Those who pound their swords into ploughshares will end up plowing for those who kept their swords."

It's a nice utopian thought experiment, but no sane person believes it will ever happen nor even attempt to advocate for it unless they intended to keep the last remaining sword for themselves so to speak. Same concept applies to nuclear disarmament. I watched a video where the dude actually advocated for people to demand their governments disarm their nuclear stockpiles. Yeah, great idea, save for the fact that the last nation to do that will simply not do so, turn their enemies/detractors into glowing craters, and in so doing cow the rest of the world into submission and chattel slavery in service to their new "gods" (for that is what the "correct" historical record will refer to them as).

I'd like to live in that world, but I know it's impossible for it to exist. Anyone saying it's possible is gunning to become akin to a god sadistically ruling over us all. Fuck em' in all the worst ways as they hopefully gain the attention of the business end of some form of heavy ordinance.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's it called? is it good?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    What's it called? is it good?
    @chocolatte, the book's title is Rejoice, a Knife to the Heart, by Steven Erikson. I'm a third of the way through it and the premise is extremely interesting, but it's not a book I can't put down.

I think that Erikson looks like he's an ESI, but his voice sounds almost exactly like what my voice sounds like on recordings I've heard. http://archeddoorway.com/2014/04/10/...teven-erikson/