Thread: What do IXI/XSE conflict/supervisor relationships look like?

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do IXI/XSE conflict/supervisor relationships look like?

I haven't met anyone yet who I'm sure is XSE, and the only ones who I think could be XSE haven't had anything that looked like Ni polr. Even Ni dom types in general are weird to identify, so how do the Ni dom to Ni polr interactions work? (And i guess also the Fe/Te POLR)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, Ni PoLR is like a person who acts like some sort of charged up energizer bunny ready to take over. their own territory of expertise. They try not to reflect their actions - hence they need someone who reflects this through potentials.

SXE can be reckless and they might need redirection. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcSgIG01MUA [<-plenty of Si ignoring there].

(IXE aka Ni ignoring types tend to straight up refuse to use chess tactics for various reasons - they move transparently.)

It looks futile. Ni PoLR needs Ni guidance in "common sense" sort of ways while Ni suggestive might need redirection in "grand ways" to get the hold on pot of gold they might want. These are bit opposing in terms of a thrill. Ne creative might say "hold your horses" (seizes the moment) while Ni base might say "let's see where we can go with this" (solution requires inaction).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not solid on how the relations typically go, but in my experience, Ni PoLR feels like someone who is content to be inefficient with time and how they go about their day as well as a small phobia of digging deeper into a single idea. Usually I find myself thinking "why are you doing this?? it's pointless/a waste of time"
    Studying literature with an ESE prof felt like doing shallow surveys of books instead of insightful explorations. Of course, there was plenty of "exploration" with the Ne, but without Ni, it was pretty un-insightful and aimless.

To look for Ni bases, besides sensing that we're on the same wavelength (which works for me, being a Ni base) I typically just look for a lack of Se. The general strength of Se is pretty easy to identify in someone.

I met an IEI guy the other day, and the tip-offs were:
    1) a feeling that you could easily physically move him over somewhere without encountering resistance (it's mentioned somewhere in a type description)
    2) took him forever to get to the point LOL
    3) pretty abstract, random observations about others. if i didn't know he was IEI I wouldn't have taken them seriously cause he wasn't able to back them up whatsoever haha.
    4) i didn't know this was an IEI thing, but since I do it too, i guess it is. in the middle of a conversation when we were all sitting in the grass, he got up and started mindlessly playing around with his friend: rocking back and forth onto his shoes, leaning onto his shoulders etc. I sensed he wanted to get going. Typically when I get bored or restless and want some sort of change in pace/direction of a group conversation (usually i don't fully realize it) I get up and smooth out or play with someone's hair, go into silly positions on my chair, play with the sleeve of my friend (for example if there are beads or extra fabric) etc.. hard to explain lol. then I'll start making random comments that have nothing to do with the conversation. eventually i announce what i'd like for us to do or just that i want to do something else. I think I saw an ILI do something like this too so maybe it's a general Ni base thing. i mean it sounds like a Se DS thing.

Sorry I didn't quite answer the question, but I'm sure delimeat will have a lot to say on the topic =)

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some that stood out:

One male LSE loudly bellowed at a female IEI for cooking food that left a temporary odour in her mother's house, and demanded that she never do it again. The IEI immediately left the house crying with a suitcase and did not return because the LSE became the mother's live-in boyfriend.
    A female ESE thought that a female IEI was very impractical and took unnecessary risks so tried to advise her while the IEI discounted everything she said over an estimated 15-year period. However, they did seem to communicate easily on the rare occasions that they actually did speak more than pleasantries.
    A male ILI was in the adjacent office to a male LSE; they never fought but they never talked over a 4-year period after which the LSE left.
    A male ILI seemed to only communicate to a female ESE indirectly through his SEE wife but I could never understand why the ESE continued to visit the SEE because they had absolutely nothing in common except that both were neighbours at one time and both were very chatty.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom is ILI and her mother (my grandma) is ESE.

They look like the IxI giving up on trying to redirect the xSE and quietly saying "I told you so" whenever something they knew was going to happen happens and the xSE is complaining about it.