Hybrid View

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Yes, one could say it's like a weak echo of accumulated sensory experience with the environment since the dawn of mankind. In that way it's more permanent than the ever-changing concrete objects, Jung points out this.
    It seems that all introverted functions are related to the ancient primitive things. But most of my understandings come from rational functions since I have Ti and Fi in my mental ring. Especially this sentence by Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Jung on Fi
    In order to communicate with others it has to find an external form which is not only fitted to absorb the subjective feeling in a satisfying expression, but which must also convey it to one's fellowman in such a way that a parallel process takes place in him. Thanks to the relatively great internal (as well as external) similarity of the human being, this effect can actually be achieved, although a form acceptable to feeling is extremely difficult to find, so long as it is still mainly orientated by the fathomless store of primordial images.

It seems that subjective is not that subjective, it's something rooted in our evolution.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CR400AF View Post
    It seems that all introverted functions are related to the ancient primitive things. But most of my understandings come from rational functions since I have Ti and Fi in my mental ring. Especially this sentence by Jung.

It seems that subjective is not that subjective, it's something rooted in our evolution. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    yes, I agree. The information comes from the psyche itself, which is rooted in evolution. The introvert is based in the processes of his own psyche. In case of Si, it is definitely not "personal" or ego-related.

You mentioned Fi. I think Fi has often been misunderstood as just "personal opinions", but it seems to be deeper than that.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)