Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    So this came up in the chatbox earlier as people were talking about diets, stress-eating, etc., and my curiosity was piqued. I would like to know more about how the position of Si impacts one's relationship with food. As I have stated before, I came from MBTI-land not terribly long ago and may still hold some misconceptions about how Socionics treats some of the information elements, and as I think is pretty common for a lot of people, the irrational elements require a little more effort to understand completely. Is the position of Si in the psyche likely to influence the frequency of eating, likelihood of over-eating, tendency to under-eat, and other associated behaviours?

I believe myself to be Si-role (this is because I think that I am IEI in Socionics), and I am very prone to forgetting to eat or just not having much of an appetite because stress makes me feel queasy. I often find myself not realizing that I am particularly hungry until someone "reminds me" and then suddenly I'll realize I need to eat something and feel super hungry. It's like the signaling is either very weak or else just easily overridden by other things for me. I also am very aware that I do this and tend to compensate by being very careful to never eat out for two meals in a row, and pay attention to the diversity of foods that I'm eating. I actually really enjoy cooking too (especially when I'm high) as it's a creative outlet for me. I have been chronically underweight since birth and apparently the doctors told my mom to feed me some sort of special formula when I was young cause they were concerned about my weight. I think it's just genetic though. My mom who I believe to be ESE is very petite at under 100 pounds. My dad, who I believe to be SEI, was over 220 when I was younger but has since tried really hard to diet and exercise often and is at 180ish now. I think he's pretty "normal" as far as build goes. At least compared to my mom and I.

In reading about Socionics I've gotten the impression that a lot of people believe Si -> more weight, but is this necessarily the case? From my perspective, assuming my typings of my parents are correct, it looks as though two Si ego types can easily vary drastically in this regard. What do y'all think? What is the relationship between Si, eating, body build, and all that jazz? Additional comments about Si not directly related to the topic are also welcome. I feel it's the function MBTI does the least justice and I want to understand it better

よろしくお願いします!!
    You've described Si PoLR/Brake and the attributes of a Process type (IEI is a Results type), thus you are most likely EIE describing your PoLR/Brake Function.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StereoTYPE View Post
    You've described Si PoLR/Brake and the attributes of a Process type (IEI is a Results type), thus you are most likely EIE describing your PoLR/Brake Function.
    Though this alone isn't enough to convince me I'm not IEI-Fe, I'll keep this in mind. If I'm not IEI, then I'd definitely consider EIE the next best typing. I suppose I'd probably be EIE-Ni if I were EIE? Feel free to keep the observations coming. I appreciate the input.

Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and upload a type-me video finally. I've made one a few times, but didn't like how they turned out so I never posted them
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this came up in the chatbox earlier as people were talking about diets, stress-eating, etc., and my curiosity was piqued. I would like to know more about how the position of Si impacts one's relationship with food. As I have stated before, I came from MBTI-land not terribly long ago and may still hold some misconceptions about how Socionics treats some of the information elements, and as I think is pretty common for a lot of people, the irrational elements require a little more effort to understand completely. Is the position of Si in the psyche likely to influence the frequency of eating, likelihood of over-eating, tendency to under-eat, and other associated behaviours?

I believe myself to be Si-role (this is because I think that I am IEI in Socionics), and I am very prone to forgetting to eat or just not having much of an appetite because stress makes me feel queasy. I often find myself not realizing that I am particularly hungry until someone "reminds me" and then suddenly I'll realize I need to eat something and feel super hungry. It's like the signaling is either very weak or else just easily overridden by other things for me. I also am very aware that I do this and tend to compensate by being very careful to never eat out for two meals in a row, and pay attention to the diversity of foods that I'm eating. I actually really enjoy cooking too (especially when I'm high) as it's a creative outlet for me. I have been chronically underweight since birth and apparently the doctors told my mom to feed me some sort of special formula when I was young cause they were concerned about my weight. I think it's just genetic though. My mom who I believe to be ESE is very petite at under 100 pounds. My dad, who I believe to be SEI, was over 220 when I was younger but has since tried really hard to diet and exercise often and is at 180ish now. I think he's pretty "normal" as far as build goes. At least compared to my mom and I.

In reading about Socionics I've gotten the impression that a lot of people believe Si -> more weight, but is this necessarily the case? From my perspective, assuming my typings of my parents are correct, it looks as though two Si ego types can easily vary drastically in this regard. What do y'all think? What is the relationship between Si, eating, body build, and all that jazz? Additional comments about Si not directly related to the topic are also welcome. I feel it's the function MBTI does the least justice and I want to understand it better

よろしくお願いします!!
    Yeah forgetting to eat is entirely an Si-Role or whatever thing. Eating cardboard is entirely an Se role or whatever thing. You're bad at Se if you eat rice and bread dry without any salt or pepper.

You're bad at Si if you go 2 days without eating because you forgot to go to the store and it rained. I have done that by the way. I am basing that on myself. My aunt surprisingly didn't complain much.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know 2 many LSE's that are very particular about their food, don't like to try your food suggestions, strongly like what they like and strongly dislike what they don't, SLI also, not up for trying new foods. New places, but same orders lol.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is subjectivized impressions of external sensory data. Pi functions are one of the most complex ideas in socionics.

Taste, texture, smell, color, all these things have Se qualities but are also absorbed internally and related to an internal pattern.

Here, the dish becomes more than the sum of its parts in part because of the subjective experience of the critic. He isn't just tasting what he is tasting, but also comparing it to similar sensations he experienced at the same time.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though this alone isn't enough to convince me I'm not IEI-Fe, I'll keep this in mind. If I'm not IEI, then I'd definitely consider EIE the next best typing. I suppose I'd probably be EIE-Ni if I were EIE? Feel free to keep the observations coming. I appreciate the input.

Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and upload a type-me video finally. I've made one a few times, but didn't like how they turned out so I never posted them
    Yes, EIE-Ni (EIE-H or EIE-N) is a better fit for you. You are hung up on the process, self-critical, open to more data, external opinions from acquaintances - this does not fit IEI or Result (it also corresponds to DA Cognition, not VS, and most importantly the Process dichotomy in the Socionics system). It also rules out IEE.

There are many other intangible tells from your natural behavior. To me, it's clear what your type is (between the two most likely types, IEI and EIE) and no public video is needed (especially when it jeopardizes privacy). Alternatively, you could get an opinion from VG.
    Last edited by Ocean Man; 04-04-2022 at 05:29 PM.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, EIE-Ni (EIE-H or EIE-N) is a better fit for you. You are hung up on the process, self-critical, open to more data, external opinions from acquaintances - this does not fit IEI or Result (it also corresponds to DA Cognition, not VS, and most importantly the Process dichotomy in the Socionics system). It also rules out IEE.

There are many other intangible tells from your natural behavior. To me, it's clear what your type is (between the two most likely types, IEI and EIE) and no public video is needed (especially when it jeopardizes privacy). Alternatively, you could get an opinion from VG.
    Ooo I like this a LOT! You seem to really know what you're talking about, and thinking of myself as EIE seems to clear up a bunch of things about Socionics I was struggling to understand. I'm going to spend some more time mulling it over, but I think you are very likely onto something. The only thing that stands out as immediately questionable to me though is that I don't really feel like my relationship with SLIs is a conflict relationship. My SLI aunt is one of my IRL Socionics buddies, and I get along with her great. I tend to clash with LSEs mostly

I've already uploaded pics of myself before, so I'm not terribly worried about a video. I kept recording it, rewatching it two or three times, and finding one or two little details that grated on me so I'd delete it. I may be posting a Type Me before long

Thank you again for your input. It sounds almost like you've taken classes in Socionics before
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there seems to be a certain tendency for weak Si types to not eat regularily. I often forget to eat when I'm thinking a lot or I am busy and I generally have to pay attention to not lose too much weight in a short amount of time. on the other hand I have also seen low Si types who are obese and addicted to sweets or bad food like frozen pizza. the meals I cook are rather basic and I don't care much how they taste, but then you have some IEI who treat cooking like some form of art, adding the most exotic spices etc. the Si base types I interact with at work generally care a lot about how something tastes, and they are open to try something out that they don't know, although they generally seem to be sceptical at first.

I think that Si is more about being in tune with your body and understanding how it works. like low Si types ignore when their belly growls because they are hungry, or they think a minor cold could be some form of cancer because they don't understand the signals their body gives them. caregivers are probably the best doctors, nurses etc. when it's about caring for a patient, or taking care of old people and cleaning them etc. normalizing subtypes are probably better at these things too since they have accentuated Si.

AWellArmedCat seems IEI.

oh, and I also see Si PolR types as the kind of people who do meal prep for fitness, like eating the same meal over and over again throughout the week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qylcQJ03AA
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooo I like this a LOT! You seem to really know what you're talking about, and thinking of myself as EIE seems to clear up a bunch of things about Socionics I was struggling to understand. I'm going to spend some more time mulling it over, but I think you are very likely onto something. The only thing that stands out as immediately questionable to me though is that I don't really feel like my relationship with SLIs is a conflict relationship. My SLI aunt is one of my IRL Socionics buddies, and I get along with her great. I tend to clash with LSEs mostly

I've already uploaded pics of myself before, so I'm not terribly worried about a video. I kept recording it, rewatching it two or three times, and finding one or two little details that grated on me so I'd delete it. I may be posting a Type Me before long

Thank you again for your input. It sounds almost like you've taken classes in Socionics before
    You're very welcome. Yes, Process is a more complex psyche so it is also more natively sensitive to details, errors etc. Result is the opposite. Definitely check out Wikisocion for data on those dichotomies, and cognitive styles - that information should still be useable to a large degree.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    but then you have some IEI who treat cooking like some form of art, adding the most exotic spices etc.
    For me I fall into and out of cooking all the time. Like I'll do nothing but skip a bunch of meals and eat out for three weeks in a row, then I'll decide cooking is fun and make something new for every meal for an entire week. Then I'll get creatively burnt out with cooking, and go back to barely surviving off of whatever is at the konbini and occasionally splurging when out with friends on the weekend. I do love cooking and I like to make fancy dishes to bring to potlucks, but I'm just very inconsistent with it
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me I fall into and out of cooking all the time. Like I'll do nothing but skip a bunch of meals and eat out for three weeks in a row, then I'll decide cooking is fun and make something new for every meal for an entire week. Then I'll get creatively burnt out with cooking, and go back to barely surviving off of whatever is at the konbini and occasionally splurging when out with friends on the weekend. I do love cooking and I like to make fancy dishes to bring to potlucks, but I'm just very inconsistent with it
    life of an irrational type.
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Si egos, I think there's a sense of balancing between oneself and the environment; diet pertains to a sense of balance for them IME. My LSE dad is very conscious of what he eats and what others eat. He pays attention to the nutrition values of foods and discerns caloric intake as well. He's a retired pharmacist, and as a pharmacist he paid a lot of attention to what his customers were putting in their bodies; it comes very naturally to him. At the age of 66 he has become overweight, but not terribly so. He has a sweet tooth. Overall, his relationship with food is ruled by logic and some measure of personal sentiment. He also doesn't consume any recreational drugs, including alcohol. I imagine Alpha Quadra SFs have a less logical relationship with food.

For Si role, I think it's a lot different. I see food consumption as something that society exerts a certain amount of pressure about, so I try not to overeat. However, I am prone to stress eating and emotional eating.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life of an irrational subtype. I think Harmonizing is making more sense for AWellArmedCat.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life of an irrational subtype. I think Harmonizing is making more sense for AWellArmedCat.
    As is mentioned in the System of DCNH Subtypes page of Wikisocion, DCNH sort of feels like a separate system from Model A to me. It's still interesting, but I'm more curious as to whether I strike you as the Fe or Ni subtype of EIE
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I also was under the impression that this was mostly to do with being an irrational, but I'm also not super familiar with DCNH. It's starting to seem to me like I may be IEI under more classical versions of Socionics, but EIE if the Gulenko expansion pack is installed
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I also was under the impression that this was mostly to do with being an irrational, but I'm also not super familiar with DCNH. It's starting to seem to me like I may be IEI under more classical versions of Socionics, but EIE if the Gulenko expansion pack is installed
    I mean it goes both ways, you could be a rational type with an irrational subtype, so EIE-C, or an irrational type with a rational subtype, IEI-N. the question you need to ask yourself is are you mainly engaged with the outside world, prefering to initiate, to communicate, with less of an idea of your own self, or do you prefer to observe, listen, let other people do the talking, while you have a decent idea about who you truly are.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean it goes both ways, you could be a rational type with an irrational subtype, so EIE-C, or an irrational type with a rational subtype, IEI-N. the question you need to ask yourself is are you mainly engaged with the outside world, prefering to initiate, to communicate, with less of an idea of your own self, or do you prefer to observe, listen, let other people do the talking, while you have a decent idea about who you truly are.
    I definitely prefer the latter, but one of the things that is really confusing me is that I believe @StereoTYPE is absolutely correct in saying I'm process. I've been reading into process/result for awhile now, and I'd have to do some pretty spectacular mental gymnastics to argue I was a result type. This is what led to my earlier comment in the shoutbox that I think whether I'm IEI or EIE really depends on whether we're going by archetype or by strict mechanics. Archetypally-speaking, I think I'm easily IEI, but mechanically, especially with regards to the process/result dichotomy (and to a somewhat lesser but still present extent, cognitive style), EIE appears to fit better. I was talking to my aunt (someone who I lived in the same house with for almost my entire life) about it too, and she finds it pretty hard to believe I could be EIE, but admitted maybe she just doesn't understand Socionics as well as she thought she did. I'm at a bit of a loss. At the very least, I believe I can be certain that I am a Beta NF with a subtype that obfuscates which of the two it is (i.e. I can't, or at least am very unlikely to be IEI-Ni or EIE-Fe, or else I probably wouldn't be encountering this confusion)

Very curious to hear more thoughts on my type if you would like to share them. I did make a Type Me video last night, but I was tired and once again hated how it turned out. I think I hate them so much because it's impossible for me to follow the set formula (posted here: https://www.sedecology.com/questionnaire). I'm gonna do one where I just freely talk about my thoughts because that was like the eighth time I made a 40min Type Me video which I promptly deleted. I hope people can forgive me for ignoring the formula entirely. I tried lol
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely prefer the latter, but one of the things that is really confusing me is that I believe @StereoTYPE is absolutely correct in saying I'm process. I've been reading into process/result for awhile now, and I'd have to do some pretty spectacular mental gymnastics to argue I was a result type. This is what led to my earlier comment in the shoutbox that I think whether I'm IEI or EIE really depends on whether we're going by archetype or by strict mechanics. Archetypally-speaking, I think I'm easily IEI, but mechanically, especially with regards to the process/result dichotomy (and to a somewhat lesser but still present extent, cognitive style), EIE appears to fit better. I was talking to my aunt (someone who I lived in the same house with for almost my entire life) about it too, and she finds it pretty hard to believe I could be EIE, but admitted maybe she just doesn't understand Socionics as well as she thought she did. I'm at a bit of a loss. At the very least, I believe I can be certain that I am a Beta NF with a subtype that obfuscates which of the two it is (i.e. I can't, or at least am very unlikely to be IEI-Ni or EIE-Fe, or else I probably wouldn't be encountering this confusion)

Very curious to hear more thoughts on my type if you would like to share them. I did make a Type Me video last night, but I was tired and once again hated how it turned out. I think I hate them so much because it's impossible for me to follow the set formula (posted here: https://www.sedecology.com/questionnaire). I'm gonna do one where I just freely talk about my thoughts because that was like the eighth time I made a 40min Type Me video which I promptly deleted. I hope people can forgive me for ignoring the formula entirely. I tried lol
    I would be open about doing a typing video with you if you are interested. Maybe next week.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be open about doing a typing video with you if you are interested. Maybe next week.
    Sure! I'd do that if you want to. I'm not sure what the best way to record us both is, but we can figure out details later. Just keep in mind I'm on Japan time. What TZ are you in?
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure! I'd do that if you want to. I'm not sure what the best way to record us both is, but we can figure out details later. Just keep in mind I'm on Japan time. What TZ are you in?
    Central European Time. It's 7 a.m. right now. We'll figure out the time, I have plenty next week. Gonna send you a pm in the next few days

I don't think it's necessarily the case. I totally agree with @Poptart. There are fat and skinny people of all types. As a medical student, I look a bit different in this subject. I'm 100% sure that each of us has a distinct metabolism genetically predetermined and a specific hormonal balance. Guys from https://www.intolerancelab.co.uk/food-intolerance-test/ perform various food intolerance tests, proving that each of us has specific digestive enzymes responsible for food assimilation. I want to convey that metabolism is too complex, and further studies are needed to gain proper insight into this subject.
    Last edited by CarylFairhurst; 07-13-2022 at 10:01 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Si to me seems to make sure people are comfortable and happy enough. The real life SEI woman I know has good empathy/compassion and is sort of mom-ish like that to everybody naturally although it might offend her if you say that lol (cuz I mean SEI is mirror to ESE) In our large group of misfits she made sure this nerdy obese omega male who looked like he didn't fit in well felt okay even though I think he felt out of place even amongst other nerds.

Si polr LIE in contrast are like businessman asshole who say 'go to work and look at the stock market- I don't give a fuck how you feel' (Unless maybe I personally want to fuck you) Te and Fi valuing. Ignoring ur own sense of harmony and that of others is often how success happens. I think this is annoying in too big of doses though, like the LIE capitalist will write self help books about getting people out of their comfort zones so they can selfishly live in mansions with some ESI dual and it just gets annoying to me after awhile, because even though it doesn't take me anywhere- I often simply like to be comfortable but I like to be turned on more I guess so that's why I value Se and not Si but it's not really a PoLR of mine lol.

Michael Lucas, the owner and founder of the gay porn studios Lucas Entertainment is an example of a LIE gay male to me btw. Very classic example really. They look powerful and business-y like that, and the males are often 'hot' like that. In an interview once he even said something about like 'just make money and stop playing a victim' as if it was easy for everybody else as it was for him or something idk. But yeah he is pretty hot lolol.

How is this related to food? Idk -but to me that's what Si is - it's easier to understand it thinking of the void of Si than the substance of Si, since when you're comfortable- you're comfortable. What is there to talk about? etc.

Si users often prefer familiar foods and routines when it comes to eating. They may have specific comfort foods or rituals around meals that help them feel grounded and secure. For instance, a Si user might find solace in preparing classic dishes like honey lemon chicken recipe, relying on its comforting flavors and the nostalgic familiarity of its preparation.
    Last edited by mitchellwashington; 02-13-2024 at 06:15 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12