Thread: The Most Preposterous Notion in Socionics

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is more:

I like fettucine alfredo: I like the buttery and rich taste of the cream and the salty taste of the parmesan cheese. I would assume that this is 'Si.'

I like the 1980s: I just have an attachment to the decade. I cannot really say why. This is probably 'Fi.'

I like innovative ideas: there is something modern and creative about many of them that I like. I assume this is 'Ne.'

I like hockey: there is something beautiful about the big slap shot and seeing the players speed through the ice. This could be 'Si,' but it could also be 'Fi' (because of the notions of 'beauty' and 'grace.')

I don't like most business ideas: I simply don't find them as creative as Ne or Ti. (Unvalued 'Te.')

Do you see where I am going with this? Assuming it is even about likes and dislikes (as poster "One" stated otherwise), it depends on how you like something. Now with respect to emotional attachments, for instance, with fettucine alfredo, because of the delicious buttery and salty taste of the sauce, I am attached to it, and therefore order it again and again. But I would still call it 'Si.' You see?
    Last edited by jason_m; 05-07-2021 at 04:40 AM.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Here is more:

I like fettucine alfredo: I like the buttery and rich taste of the cream and the salty taste of the parmesan cheese. I would assume that this is 'Si.'

I like the 1980s: I just have an attachment to the decade. I cannot really say why. This is probably 'Fi.'

I like innovative ideas: there is something modern and creative about many of them that I like. I assume this is 'Ne.'

I like hockey: there is something beautiful about the big slap shot and seeing the players speed through the ice. This could be 'Si,' but it could also be 'Fi' (because of the notions of 'beauty' and 'grace.')

I don't like most business ideas: I simply don't find them as creative as Ne or Ti. (Unvalued 'Te.')

Do you see where I am going? Assuming it is even about likes and dislikes (as poster "One" stated otherwise), it depends on how you like something. Now with respect to emotional attachments, for instance, with fettucine alfredo, because of the delicious buttery and salty taste of the sauce, I am attached to it, and therefore order it again and again. But I would still call it 'Si.' You see?
    "like dislike" is a description of Fi. The definition of Fi is: static field of internals. So if you check the definition everything could be defined.

From my experience, an ILE I encountered eagers to explore a lot of things, but she is unable to decide whether she like someone/something. That shows how Ne and Fi differs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jung
    Just as extraverted sensation strives to reach the highest pitch of actuality, because only thus can the appearance of a complete life be created, so intuition tries to encompass the greatest possibilities, since only through the awareness of possibilities is intuition fully satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jung
    His aim is concrete enjoyment, and his morality is similarly orientated. For true enjoyment has its own special morality, its own moderation and lawfulness, its own unselfishness and devotedness.
    Jung described Se type as aiming to concrete enjoyment, but he noted that such enjoyment is unselfish.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CR400AF View Post
    "like dislike" is a description of Fi. The definition of Fi is: static field of internals. So if you check the definition everything could be defined.

From my experience, an ILE I encountered eagers to explore a lot of things, but she is unable to decide whether she like someone/something. That shows how Ne and Fi differs.

Jung described Se type as aiming to concrete enjoyment, but he noted that such enjoyment is unselfish.
    If I am Fi, then why don't I 'like' Te? That makes no sense... Also, I don't know anyone who goes into a restaurant, orders a dish, and has no clue whether or not they liked it to any extent. I simply have never heard of that... Even Richard Feynman, who is ILE, I read didn't 'like' fish soup, except for the way they made it in Japan, and he couldn't find it like that anywhere else in the US. Is he not ILE because of that?