Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
@Sol is actually right(about what Fi is about, not that you're a noob), but that doesn't mean you're completely wrong.

Simply said: Fi is about emotional static dis-/liking, which is just a small, limited perspective on valuation. So when people do choose freely, using their own criteria for valuation, that might not encompass Fi. There are other ways of valuing, i.e. one can value stuff without "Fi-liking" it. Someone with Te ego might value efficiency or an accomplishment, someone with Se in ego might 'admire and desire' an object, Fe might value someone for the 'emotional energy', but it's not the same as having a purely emotional attachment that draws you towards something regardless of exterior factors(introverted) for extended periods of time(static). (It's not that Fi egos like something regardless of external factors, but Fi as a cognitive process works like that, it's about analysing and perpetuating emotional states.)
I should also add that I'm not angry at Sol - his ideas are interesting to say the least...