Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
Here’s today’s example. I have a sweet old lady for a neighbor. She’s single and reads a lot of books. She was carrying two big bags and was attempting to walk to the library to return them and I noticed her walking. I stopped her and asked her if she wanted me to drop her off (the library is a little more than half a mile away). My husband comes out and I tell him we are going to drop her off and he rudely says to her “it’s in the opposite direction that we’re going so we can’t and won’t do it! And we’re on a time crunch so we can’t” I was stunned and not surprised. He expected this little old lady for whom I had an awful lot of sympathy for walk with these heavy bags of books a few blocks to return them when it would have taken us two minutes to drive there. She was right when she walked away she said “I’ll leave you guys so she (your wife -me!) can growl at you. I sometimes ask myself if any other type can be married to such a grumpy type. He is truly fire or ice.

However, I asked him to go back into the store to see if he could find me shoes because I need a new pair and he had no problem even though we are still in a time crunch. Such contradictions make him difficult but easy to deal with if you have patience
Did she actually say “I’ll leave you guys so she can growl at you”? Haha