Thread: Any experiences with lookalike relations in romance/marriage?

Threaded View

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, look, I actually kinda like this lookalike relation haha.
    To me there's only 2 relations that look like a power couple, mirror and lookalike.

My parents are LSE and ESE, and they've been together for more than 30 years and still counting.
    And they don't fight at all! I can see they're so different, my dad is very very logical and my mum is, you know, too much feeling, even I really hate it haha that's why I'm closer to dad I think. Anyway. What I like about them is that they know they're different, but they both are strong, so they just respect each other.
    Dad once said to mum "See? That is why I can never agree with everything you said!"
    But then I realise they actually do the exact some thing. So they don't really have much problem once they pass the Te/Fe clash, because they're both basically Si-Ne.

And my parents are actually popular among their peers.

I would imagine LIE-EIE like that, the hard part is the Te/Fe clash.

I also know another lookalike couple, LSI-ESI, a really good one.
    Ok, to be fair, they don't act like they're a romantic to each other, it's just not their style they said, but I can see they are really good in building something big. Well, it's called a lookalike / business relation for a reason.
    My IEI friend said "I look up to you guys" haha. We're all close friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    I know an IEI-SEI pair who seem happy together. The SEI has a twin SEI brother so perhaps she felt drawn to
    someone similar to her for that reason. I could see myself ending up with an SEI and it lasting. I feel very attached to SEIs quickly and I wonder if that is something which would translate to a potentially long-lasting relationship. Both my parents are si types. I get the feeling that lookalike pairs can go through rough patches but often see it through and stay together. The way socionics descriptions describes this relation seems to suggest something similar. Seems like it could be a safe bet ITR for someone looking for stability.
    My IEI friend is also close to another SEI friend.
    They actually look a like, but she said there's a big difference between them. The SEI is more grounded, practical, really keep their feet on the ground.
    Last edited by Scarlett; 10-14-2021 at 10:11 PM.