Thread: Any experiences with lookalike relations in romance/marriage?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My EIE female cousin is married to a male LIE. They met in college and she got pregnant the first time that they had sex, despite both of them using birth control. He is super-conservative and so he married her.

They ended up buying a farm and having four kids, all of whom turned out pretty well. Now she has cancer from the farm chemicals, probably, and they are going around visiting the relations.

I never interacted with her much growing up because she was a lot older than me, but now, I can clearly see that she's EIE and liberal, and her husband is LIE and conservative. I think they get along based on sex, although how that works between two Victims is beyond me.

I think they were the first and only people they ever had sex with. Maybe a lack of comparison helps here.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-02-2021 at 07:33 PM.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    My EIE female cousin is married to a male LIE. They met in college and she got pregnant the first time that they had sex, despite both of them using birth control. He is super-conservative and so he married her.

They ended up buying a farm and having four kids, all of whom turned out pretty well. Now she has cancer from the farm chemicals, probably, and they are going around visiting the relations.

I never interacted with her much growing up because she was a lot older than me, but now, I can clearly see that she's EIE and liberal, and her husband is LIE and conservative. I think they get along based on sex, although how that works between two Victims is beyond me.

I think they were the first and only people they ever had sex with. Maybe a lack of comparison helps here.
    Oh my. I definitely wonder how a Victim-Victim pair would fare, although I have seen a few instances where one of the Victims (often Se HA like both members of that particular intertype) took on the role of pseudo-Aggressor in the relationship.

Have you ever found EIEs attractive?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    Oh my. I definitely wonder how a Victim-Victim pair would fare, although I have seen a few instances where one of the Victims (often Se HA like both members of that particular intertype) took on the role of pseudo-Aggressor in the relationship.

Have you ever found EIEs attractive?
    No, I've never found EIEs attractive. I think they are very weird space aliens who look human but really aren't but do put up a pretty good face and are generally harmless if you keep your distance. On the other hand, I've had two long-term LSI GFs, and them, I found very attractive.

If we are talking purely sexual attraction, I'd rate the types, from best to worst, as LSI>ESI>IEI>EII>SLI>LII>ILI>SEI.
    If I were to put numbers on that sequence, it would go 10>9>4>3>2>2>1>1. All the extroverts get zeros.
    Mental attraction has an entirely different order.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are very weird space aliens who look human but really aren't but do put up a pretty good face and are generally harmless if you keep your distance.
    This might be one of the best descriptions of how one perceives their lookalike I’ve ever seen.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This might be one of the best descriptions of how one perceives their lookalike I’ve ever seen.
    OK, having trashed my lookalikes, let me just say that Socionics is a theory that presents all interactions (except possibly those interactions with Duals) in a negative light. There are negative things you can say about anyone. But there are positive things, too, and those should not be ignored.

For example, EIEs are capable of great feats of bravery. I've seen it. And while their Te business logic seems to suck (hey, don't ask an LIE to express his Fe emotions), they can be very engaged activists for a good cause.

I generally get along with them very well, but I'm wary of getting too involved with them in anything that involves Te.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, having trashed my lookalikes, let me just say that Socionics is a theory that presents all interactions (except possibly those interactions with Duals) in a negative light. There are negative things you can say about anyone. But there are positive things, too, and those should not be ignored.

For example, EIEs are capable of great feats of bravery. I've seen it. And while their Te business logic seems to suck (hey, don't ask an LIE to express his Fe emotions), they can be very engaged activists for a good cause.

I generally get along with them very well, but I'm wary of getting too involved with them in anything that involves Te.
    I gotchu - don’t feel bad about what you said, the friction you described is a natural part of Business relations it seems.

On another note, you remind me so much of my older LIE brother (my cousin, but has been a brother to me). His dad, ironically, is EIE. When LIE was growing up, I noticed a lot of resentment in him towards his dad that I couldn’t (still can’t) place where it was coming from. LIE seemed to feel he couldn’t take up his own space: there was an aura of competition. Once LIE left home and made his own life, their relationship improved greatly. It seems the relationship is complicated at a closer psychological distance.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I gotchu - don’t feel bad about what you said, the friction you described is a natural part of Business relations it seems.

On another note, you remind me so much of my older LIE brother (my cousin, but has been a brother to me). His dad, ironically, is EIE. When LIE was growing up, I noticed a lot of resentment in him towards his dad that I couldn’t (still can’t) place where it was coming from. LIE seemed to feel he couldn’t take up his own space: there was an aura of competition. Once LIE left home and made his own life, their relationship improved greatly. It seems the relationship is complicated at a closer psychological distance.
    I don't have friction with EIEs. I just don't agree with their approach to business. At all. I could see where I might feel stifled if I were laboring under a "throw the money into the wind for a dramatic effect" EIE. You work and you work and you work to build something, and the EIE throws it away and destroys the path forward because they love drama.
    I worked with one as my "boss" for a while in a project that I did as a favor for my LSE buddy, and I got along great with the EIE until his actions started impacting the business, and then I discovered that he wasn't working for money or success, he was working for his own emotional reasons. Once I realized that, I just walked away from that disaster.

And all relationships (other than Duality, IME) get worse in close proximity and duration. You can be on good terms with anyone (yes, even an SLE-Se) if you are able to move far away from them any time you want.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I've never found EIEs attractive. I think they are very weird space aliens who look human but really aren't but do put up a pretty good face and are generally harmless if you keep your distance. On the other hand, I've had two long-term LSI GFs, and them, I found very attractive.

If we are talking purely sexual attraction, I'd rate the types, from best to worst, as LSI>ESI>IEI>EII>SLI>LII>ILI>SEI.
    If I were to put numbers on that sequence, it would go 10>9>4>3>2>2>1>1. All the extroverts get zeros.
    Mental attraction has an entirely different order.
    It’s funny, because I am the opposite - I have never been sexually attracted to my Mirage ESE but am keen on LIIs. Likely because I was raised by an arguably unhealthy ESE and that killed any potential of my enjoying that relation in the romantic sphere.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 05-03-2021 at 03:20 PM.