Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
I think what DCNH may be useful for is for thinking about why someone (dual or not) might not be good for you. Let's say you're seeing someone and you're not sure if it feels quite right. Let's use me as an example (I'm a H). If I was dating someone and they seemed a bit too D-ish or H-ish, well maybe it's a sign that it's not the right person for you. If they seem C-ish or a C/N-ish then, it's a sign that it might have actual potential. This stuff can often be instinctive but it's not always- you might need to consider the options. Also, you might like the person (and they are a matching subtype)- C for me, but it's not working and maybe you need to think about why..well maybe this person is mostly C but with a strong dash of D. And therefore not the 'right' C for you
I think DCNH is a little bit more flexible than that though. For example I was typed as a complex subtype "DC" - which the way Gulenko explains combined subtypes, this means I operate more as a D when dealing with people with a large communicative distance, and more C when there's a closer distance. My best friend was typed as EIE CH, so he's C at a far distance, and H at a closer distance. And @SGF is between subtypes, where he could transition to C if he's able to become more contact (less cautious, more stepping in to things, quicker reactions rather than reserved or holding back etc.) In other words, these aren't completely set in stone, there's some give in them.