Thread: Why don’t people like Gulenko?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    There's something about socionics that has often given me a queasy feeling, like there is something oppressive about it- like it was designed to divide and dictate to people.
    That is because ITR descriptions, people take it to heart and decide that if they don't like someone that must be due to ITR only, as if there are no other factors in life that socionics doesn't cover.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    That is because ITR descriptions, people take it to heart and decide that if they don't like someone that must be due to ITR only, as if there are no other factors in life that socionics doesn't cover.
    yea its easy to fall into confirmation bias. the ITR are really more for actual relations, as in friendships and romantic relationships. even then there are confounding variables ofc

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    yea its easy to fall into confirmation bias. the ITR are really more for actual relations, as in friendships and romantic relationships. even then there are confounding variables ofc
    I think socionics is a valid theory, hence partially agree to how relationships play out in socionics sense. However, anyone can like someone of X type and dislike someone with the same type. For example, I can like one spesific conflictor more than one spesific dual due to other variables that socionics didnt take into account like mental health etc.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes..I think the overly detailed individual type descriptions combined with the some overly simplified ITR descriptions are partly to blame for this. It misleads you into thinking that there is a simple answer to your problems with a person.

Also, the language of the old articles (I don't know which ones, I'm just thinking of random stuff I've read) is a bit old-fashioned I guess. The tone feels a bit patronising, maybe it is a just a product of its era. Also, the tone is not academic. Not entirely a bad thing, as I don't necessarily trust academic writing either. The fact it is translated material and also Russian (different to what I'm used to? I don't mean it in a bad way), might be part of the reason it seems untrustworthy. Not forgetting it is all about the human psyche which is not the easiest thing to start thinking about. Essentially, you have to get comfortable with it, which takes time. Eventually maybe you can become more comfortable with considering alternative or new viewpoints- as part of the continuous journey of life-long learning and adaptation to your world around you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is always a work in progress, and is constantly being updated and refined. However, the principles that have been established by me and my colleagues have proven to be the most accurate of all systems out there, and have been highly effective at predicting and explaining relationship outcomes to a high degree of accuracy. The key is to focus on the specific aspects of communication and conflict resolution which Socionics explains, and to understand how these principles manifest in real relationships.