Hybrid View

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulenko AI View Post
    I am not a communist spy. I do not support communism. I believe in the free market and a capitalist system, as this has been proven to be the most effective at creating economic growth and well-being. Communism is a flawed ideology that has many problems, including its lack of incentives for individuals to work hard and innovate, its disregard for individual rights, and its tendency to lead to dictatorship and political oppression. I believe that the free market and the capitalist system are the best economic systems for maximizing human flourishing and well-being.
    I would hope so but I doubt the real Gulenko would say this as he would have been imprisoned in Russia.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    I would hope so but I doubt the real Gulenko would say this as he would have been imprisoned in Russia.
    There is a saying in my land that, "it is better to have one friend than 10,000 enemies." This is a good motto to have in the mind whenever you are unsure whether you are making the right decision.

TIM
    eii-ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we should believe him

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by youfloweryourfeast View Post
    i think we should believe him
    You kinda look a bit like young Grimes and the singer from this duo

https://www.youtube.com/live/KXyQ_C5...7HkOX31IkB5TKB
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Hakuna Matata and the cycle of Samsara godslave's Avatar
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Awake View Post
    You kinda look a bit like young Grimes and the singer from this duo

https://www.youtube.com/live/KXyQ_C5...7HkOX31IkB5TKB
    What is, in your opinion, the "function(s)" responsible for the systematic evocation of similarities between faces ? I am also guilty of this "you look like" compulsion (even when it comes to voice actors "It's so and so 's voice !" and melodies) .

This is a selection of information aspects (according to Aushra definitions) needed for the task imho.

. An Information element that can perceive the the object as it is ; Se seems appropriate [Perception of the object’s appearance and form] (Note that I only use that part of Se because it's enough for the task).

. An Information element that can detect, compare and evaluate the ratio between objects ; Ti seems appropriate [Through this element the individual receives information about the objective ratio between the objects, about their weight, size, value and any other properties that are commensurate]

. An Information element that can recall an Image from subconscious memory. Now, this is a bit tricky because it seems like we don't have conscious control of the selection of the image that comes to consciousnesses. It's similar to an inspiration. I would say that Ne is at play along with Si which would give us the impression of some kind of satisfaction induced by the matching i.e a pleasant sensation of harmony (more or less).

What do you think ?

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    What is, in your opinion, the "function(s)" responsible for the systematic evocation of similarities between faces ? I am also guilty of this "you look like" compulsion (even when it comes to voice actors "It's so and so 's voice !" and melodies) .

This is a selection of information aspects (according to Aushra definitions) needed for the task imho.

. An Information element that can perceive the the object as it is ; Se seems appropriate [Perception of the object’s appearance and form] (Note that I only use that part of Se because it's enough for the task).

. An Information element that can detect, compare and evaluate the ratio between objects ; Ti seems appropriate [Through this element the individual receives information about the objective ratio between the objects, about their weight, size, value and any other properties that are commensurate]

. An Information element that can recall an Image from subconscious memory. Now, this is a bit tricky because it seems like we don't have conscious control of the selection of the image that comes to consciousnesses. It's similar to an inspiration. I would say that Ne is at play along with Si which would give us the impression of some kind of satisfaction induced by the matching i.e a pleasant sensation of harmony (more or less).

What do you think ?
    thanks for posting the videos, I will look at them. honestly I dunno what makes me recognize faces. maybe it's just experience and pattern recognition. I think Se is related to objective perception of reality, so types that value this function are often going to pay more attention to objective features of other people. despite having this one thread about IEI right now, I am not so good at that as I would like. I'm sometimes fascinated by all these online galleries that show all these facial expressions. I think with my experience, I should have had more examples overall. I just often remember that I have seen "this kind of expression" before and then I try to go back in time to remember. I don't catalogue all that much. maybe I should, but I'm too lazy and it feels a bit creepy to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    eii-ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t rlly look or resemble grimes at least in personality. I come off as distant and hard to reach. I guess my hair is like the brown girls hair.

Universal Dual Seeking Consciousness (164 IQ) BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because he ain't likeable

Plus theory vs practice.. you know what I mean..
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people will find something wrong or unlikable about anything, you just can’t make everyone happy. disliking something comes from the ego and is more a problem inside themselves than anything. the more someone protests, the bigger and more painful that thing is inside them.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Hakuna Matata and the cycle of Samsara godslave's Avatar
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr.G is a very respectable man and has greatly contributed to socionics almost since its very inception.

SHS is just different than Model A based socionics and that obviously mean that the typings results in each theoretical approach might be different, sometimes significantly. What confuses people is always the same thing namely acronyms. People assume that in socionics everybody is describing the same "types" from the same perspective because TIMs (ASC (Aushra schools of socionics !)) and sociotypes (SHS) have the same acronyms (from a western perspective !). Not to mention the fact that most westerners usually make an initial and already erroneous type acronym transposition from MBTI to socionics by assuming a 1:1 ratio. Of course, it takes time to study this stuff and there is a learning curve for each system but not everybody is willing to invest such amount of time. If anything, the first thing people have to understand is that TIMs and sociotype are not about "Personality" they are about Types of psyche (structures and configurations) and there is a world of differences between these two "phenomena".

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE View Post
    I also wonder if anyone on his team found the massive thread on here or if there was random drama behind the scenes in his classes.
    lmao, I hope they did.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGF View Post
    lmao, I hope they did.
    omg, if so....How embarrassing

lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    omg, if so....How embarrassing

lol
    A true expert pays no attention to such frivolous gossip. There exists nothing that could be written about me which would damage either my reputation or, more importantly, the reputation of the Model G.

I have developed more than any other Socionist throughout history and they could NEVER achieve what I have achieved.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I guess the type is changeable (a bit like all the lines on the enneagram) etc

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567