This is something I've been curious about for a long time. Are there any interesting correlations/trends to be observed between type and your approach to art/creativity? I'm not talking about how creative you are. I'm talking about how you are creative. In what manner do you or other types that you've observed go about being creative and how do you think that relates to the information elements or respective quadra?

I'll start things off with my own observations. I enjoy being creative in a lot of different ways, but drawing is the main one. I think I would describe my approach as attempting to understand the real world imaginatively. I have a fairly cartoonish art style and I love drawing fantasy subject matter, but I think Ti really comes out strong in my art. Of course it's satisfying to finish pieces, but that's not a huge motivator for me. What I get satisfaction from primarily is from understanding what things look like in my art style. I'll draw pages and pages of faces just trying to really, deeply understand *why* the lines go where they go. It's not enough to simply get lucky and end up with a nice drawing. What I want is really to build up my ability to understand space and volume in my head because I feel that I am naturally very bad at that sort of thing. I'm very much focused on a certain result, but the result that I'm after is comprehension of what it is I'm drawing. Not realistic comprehension though, but comprehension via my own style. I'm not interested in artistic realism at all. What I draw doesn't need to match the real world, but needs to be internally consistent. I'm constantly endeavoring to build my stylized understanding of things, and I derive a large portion of my enjoyment for drawing from simply leveling up my understanding of how the people, creatures, and things in my head are actually assembled and how they take up space. Even more than this though I enjoy passing on my understanding to other people. Recently a friend with no previous interest in art just out of the blue asked me to teach him how to draw people and it made me so freaking happy. I couldn't wait to share so I crammed a whole tutorial into a single easy-to-understand page for him while I had some downtime at work. It was so fun.

TL;DR I interpret my approach to art as being largely Ti-driven. Do you agree with my assessment? How about you? What approach to creativity/art do you take? (totally doesn't have to be drawing - you could talk about how you like to manage your backyard if you want, that's plenty creative!) Does anyone else find that their Hidden Agenda is highly involved in creation like I feel mine is?