TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Appreciate the take, honestly

A reason I've avoided IEI irl is it's generally me doing all the practical shit. These particular IEIs repeat intuitive mistakes, don't learn & only strive for their personal dream or image. Their Ni is too linear, too much tunnel vision to support my Se at all.

I won't say Mirage is best. I'll say SEI help others, are selfless & practical. IEI are awesome. SEI do good cause it help others, not cause it tickles their feels
    Man, you just aren't SLE. That's why you don't like IEI and their Ni tunnel vision. You like the SEI and EII and they like you back because you unfailingly act polite, pleasant, encouraging and look foor good vibes and proper constructive conversation. It's all nice, but it isn't Beta.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Man, you just aren't SLE. That's why you don't like IEI and their Ni tunnel vision. You like the SEI and EII and they like you back because you unfailingly act polite, pleasant, encouraging and look foor good vibes and proper constructive conversation. It's all nice, but it isn't Beta.
    And you're foolish enough to read online posts and type someone

I do not talk this way in real life. Not only that but I understand functions. I am not limited or egocentric. To communicate one should not just use ego, otherwise they become stagnant.

I'll say it again, I do not behave this way in real life. You'll likely disagree. That's fine. I personally believe it idiotic people actually type others based on internet persona.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you're foolish enough to read online posts and type someone

I do not talk this way in real life. Not only that but I understand functions. I am not limited or egocentric. To communicate one should not just use ego, otherwise they become stagnant.

I'll say it again, I do not behave this way in real life. You'll likely disagree. That's fine. I personally believe it idiotic people actually type others based on internet persona.
    Why would you have an internet persona? What's stopping you acting like you act for real, on a personality forum of all places? Wouldn't it be more "constructive" to actually be yourself and not project a nice persona? It would be interesting if you posted a video of you being yourself to demonstrate the difference in communication.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you have an internet persona? What's stopping you acting like you act for real, on a personality forum of all places? Wouldn't it be more "constructive" to actually be yourself and not project a nice persona? It would be interesting if you posted a video of you being yourself to demonstrate the difference in communication.
    Because on here, my goal is to help others.... Not "be myself" or be validated for "who I really am" In my opinion, "being myself" would be selfish if it didn't really amount to a greater good.

You're right. Posting a vid absolutely would show the difference. Unfortunately I don't have to prove shit to you. Doing that would just be ego. Momentary pleasure. That's it

Internet persona is just a phrase. It's not what one does but why they do it. If I can, I use each function as is necessary. Otherwise I won't say shit

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because on here, my goal is to help others.... Not "be myself" or be validated for "who I really am" In my opinion, "being myself" would be selfish if it didn't really amount to a greater good.

You're right. Posting a vid absolutely would show the difference. Unfortunately I don't have to prove shit to you. Doing that would just be ego. Momentary pleasure. That's it

Internet persona is just a phrase. It's not what one does but why they do it. If I can, I use each function as is necessary. Otherwise I won't say shit
    Allright, that's very charitable of you to create a kind persona to help others. I don't think being yourself requires the goal of self-validation, it's just not maintaining any specific persona. I think one can be helpful and constructive even without a "mr nice guy" persona.

Also, I don't think you have to "prove" anything, but you yourself said that you are very different on the forums than in real life. Would be interesting, in the name of socionics, to understand this difference.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allright, that's very charitable of you to create a kind persona to help others. I don't think being yourself requires the goal of self-validation, it's just not maintaining any specific persona. I think one can be helpful and constructive even without a "mr nice guy" persona.

Also, I don't think you have to "prove" anything, but you yourself said that you are very different on the forums than in real life. Would be interesting, in the name of socionics, to understand this difference.
    I'm not really "Mr Nice Guy" but that would be the colloquialism some would use, I guess. I never suggested the way I type is how everyone ought to or that there's only one way to communicate effectively. I mean the shit I say & only convey it so it's understood.

It would be an interesting case study if I posted a video. Even if I did, people would still idiotically debate me being SLE. It would be better to spend that energy on folk who actually come here for advice/help.

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unselfish. Loving. Honorable.

Cures cancer.

Definitely Nobel Peace Prize worthy.
    Last edited by peteronfireee2; 07-11-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think so really. Stray Cat reminds me too much of my SLE brother and SLE-Ti people I know. Ti SLE's are more chill and come across way more constructive and kind IMO. But the thing it, they don't intentionally come across like, they are just naturally shooting from the hip. An ILE will try more so to be like that if the situation calls for it.