Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 271

Thread: Erotic attitudes

  1. #81
    MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe-C 6w7 Sp/sx
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Man, you just aren't SLE. That's why you don't like IEI and their Ni tunnel vision. You like the SEI and EII and they like you back because you unfailingly act polite, pleasant, encouraging and look foor good vibes and proper constructive conversation. It's all nice, but it isn't Beta.
    I don't think so really. Stray Cat reminds me too much of my SLE brother and SLE-Ti people I know. Ti SLE's are more chill and come across way more constructive and kind IMO. But the thing it, they don't intentionally come across like, they are just naturally shooting from the hip. An ILE will try more so to be like that if the situation calls for it.

  2. #82
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    And you're foolish enough to read online posts and type someone

    I do not talk this way in real life. Not only that but I understand functions. I am not limited or egocentric. To communicate one should not just use ego, otherwise they become stagnant.

    I'll say it again, I do not behave this way in real life. You'll likely disagree. That's fine. I personally believe it idiotic people actually type others based on internet persona.
    Why would you have an internet persona? What's stopping you acting like you act for real, on a personality forum of all places? Wouldn't it be more "constructive" to actually be yourself and not project a nice persona? It would be interesting if you posted a video of you being yourself to demonstrate the difference in communication.

  3. #83
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Why would you have an internet persona? What's stopping you acting like you act for real, on a personality forum of all places? Wouldn't it be more "constructive" to actually be yourself and not project a nice persona? It would be interesting if you posted a video of you being yourself to demonstrate the difference in communication.
    Because on here, my goal is to help others.... Not "be myself" or be validated for "who I really am" In my opinion, "being myself" would be selfish if it didn't really amount to a greater good.

    You're right. Posting a vid absolutely would show the difference. Unfortunately I don't have to prove shit to you. Doing that would just be ego. Momentary pleasure. That's it

    Internet persona is just a phrase. It's not what one does but why they do it. If I can, I use each function as is necessary. Otherwise I won't say shit

  4. #84
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Because on here, my goal is to help others.... Not "be myself" or be validated for "who I really am" In my opinion, "being myself" would be selfish if it didn't really amount to a greater good.

    You're right. Posting a vid absolutely would show the difference. Unfortunately I don't have to prove shit to you. Doing that would just be ego. Momentary pleasure. That's it

    Internet persona is just a phrase. It's not what one does but why they do it. If I can, I use each function as is necessary. Otherwise I won't say shit
    Allright, that's very charitable of you to create a kind persona to help others. I don't think being yourself requires the goal of self-validation, it's just not maintaining any specific persona. I think one can be helpful and constructive even without a "mr nice guy" persona.

    Also, I don't think you have to "prove" anything, but you yourself said that you are very different on the forums than in real life. Would be interesting, in the name of socionics, to understand this difference.

  5. #85
    setting your soul on fire pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    timeless traveler
    TIM
    clown™
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unselfish. Loving. Honorable.

    Cures cancer.

    Definitely Nobel Peace Prize worthy.
    Last edited by pandemic candy; 07-11-2021 at 12:16 AM.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16

  6. #86
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Allright, that's very charitable of you to create a kind persona to help others. I don't think being yourself requires the goal of self-validation, it's just not maintaining any specific persona. I think one can be helpful and constructive even without a "mr nice guy" persona.

    Also, I don't think you have to "prove" anything, but you yourself said that you are very different on the forums than in real life. Would be interesting, in the name of socionics, to understand this difference.
    I'm not really "Mr Nice Guy" but that would be the colloquialism some would use, I guess. I never suggested the way I type is how everyone ought to or that there's only one way to communicate effectively. I mean the shit I say & only convey it so it's understood.

    It would be an interesting case study if I posted a video. Even if I did, people would still idiotically debate me being SLE. It would be better to spend that energy on folk who actually come here for advice/help.

  7. #87
    setting your soul on fire pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    timeless traveler
    TIM
    clown™
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm actually Dr. Gulenko.

    But I refuse to reveal my identity because that would be ego, and ego is not who I truly am.
    Last edited by pandemic candy; 07-11-2021 at 12:17 AM.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16

  8. #88
    MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe-C 6w7 Sp/sx
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Appreciate the take, honestly

    A reason I've avoided IEI irl is it's generally me doing all the practical shit. These particular IEIs repeat intuitive mistakes, don't learn & only strive for their personal dream or image. Their Ni is too linear, too much tunnel vision to support my Se at all.

    I won't say Mirage is best. I'll say SEI help others, are selfless & practical. IEI are awesome. SEI do good cause it help others, not cause it tickles their feels
    A bit off topic but I am curious about something. IRL, how many IEI-Ni do you meet/date/whatever in comparison to IEI-Fe?
    The reason I ask is that while I do respond well and I am attracted to both ILE-Ne and ILE-Ti, ILE-Ne are way too much for me. Especially in a romantic sense. I find ILE-Ne way too much up in the clouds and while I know my Si is strong, It is not strong enough to ground an ILE-Ne as an SEI-Fe individual. That, and I am already neurotic af as it is and I can't have more, especially as a type 6 lol.

    People have mentioned that ILE-Ti are more grounded and that is something I would appreciate as a SEI-Fe. I would like to think that IEI-Fe would come across a little more grounded and logical with their Ni in comparison to IEI-Ni. I am curious if you would respond better with an IEI-Fe and the Ni will be strong but not in the fore front. Plus, logical leads seem to lead with logic but come from a place of caring. Ethical leads seem to lead with feeling but try to have a logical/consistent reasoning behind it. Both logical and ethical keep that aspect balanced and I think it would be unbalanced if you threw in an irrational leading function with the rational functions if you get my drift. You may find that IEI-Fe may be an bit better as an irrational-rational SLE.

  9. #89
    PinKDiGiT18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    A bit off topic but I am curious about something. IRL, how many IEI-Ni do you meet/date/whatever in comparison to IEI-Fe?
    The reason I ask is that while I do respond well and I am attracted to both ILE-Ne and ILE-Ti, ILE-Ne are way too much for me. Especially in a romantic sense. I find ILE-Ne way too much up in the clouds and while I know my Si is strong, It is not strong enough to ground an ILE-Ne as an SEI-Fe individual. That, and I am already neurotic af as it is and I can't have more, especially as a type 6 lol.

    People have mentioned that ILE-Ti are more grounded and that is something I would appreciate as a SEI-Fe. I would like to think that IEI-Fe would come across a little more grounded and logical with their Ni in comparison to IEI-Ni. I am curious if you would respond better with an IEI-Fe and the Ni will be strong but not in the fore front. Plus, logical leads seem to lead with logic but come from a place of caring. Ethical leads seem to lead with feeling but try to have a logical/consistent reasoning behind it. Both logical and ethical keep that aspect balanced and I think it would be unbalanced if you threw in an irrational leading function with the rational functions if you get my drift. You may find that IEI-Fe may be an bit better as an irrational-rational SLE.
    Where is the applause emoticon when you need it? YES! Yes to all of this. LSE-Te’s need for Fi is so all-encompassing that it drains even my base function. I basically can’t Ne around them - I have to force my Fi to be on full-blast at all times. On the one hand, the appreciation for my base is great but on the other I am left feeling as though my natural tendency to be more random, spontaneous, and a bit silly is squashed by the strict rationality of some LSE-Tes, who find it much less endearing than the Si-subtype.

    IEI-Fe is a lot more mobile, protective, and proactive about reaching tangible goals than IEI-Ni, from what I’ve seen.

  10. #90
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    A bit off topic but I am curious about something. IRL, how many IEI-Ni do you meet/date/whatever in comparison to IEI-Fe?
    The reason I ask is that while I do respond well and I am attracted to both ILE-Ne and ILE-Ti, ILE-Ne are way too much for me. Especially in a romantic sense. I find ILE-Ne way too much up in the clouds and while I know my Si is strong, It is not strong enough to ground an ILE-Ne as an SEI-Fe individual. That, and I am already neurotic af as it is and I can't have more, especially as a type 6 lol.

    People have mentioned that ILE-Ti are more grounded and that is something I would appreciate as a SEI-Fe. I would like to think that IEI-Fe would come across a little more grounded and logical with their Ni in comparison to IEI-Ni. I am curious if you would respond better with an IEI-Fe and the Ni will be strong but not in the fore front. Plus, logical leads seem to lead with logic but come from a place of caring. Ethical leads seem to lead with feeling but try to have a logical/consistent reasoning behind it. Both logical and ethical keep that aspect balanced and I think it would be unbalanced if you threw in an irrational leading function with the rational functions if you get my drift. You may find that IEI-Fe may be an bit better as an irrational-rational SLE.
    That's a fair & intelligent question. IEI-Fe can & do enjoy being grounded until another "strong" Ni insight carries them toward the impractical. The IEI-Fe I know also love attention, to impress people with their self-image. It's a dramatic rollercoaster ride to hear a person be so focused on their own perceptions

    They're cool but, at their core, prefer their idealism. It's better they walk their own path, experience their own successes or make their own mistakes. I personally prefer not grounding such free spirits, tbh

    Your point is valid, though. Thanks

  11. #91
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    That's a fair & intelligent question. IEI-Fe can & do enjoy being grounded until another "strong" Ni insight carries them toward the impractical. The IEI-Fe I know also love attention, to impress people with their self-image. It's a dramatic rollercoaster ride to hear a person be so focused on their own perceptions

    They're cool but, at their core, prefer their idealism. It's better they walk their own path, experience their own successes or make their own mistakes. I personally prefer not grounding such free spirits, tbh

    Your point is valid, though. Thanks
    I just don't get it, you say on the other hand you don't want to be a source of Se but also think it's your leading function that has endless energy reserves and just works automatically. I feel the same way about Si and IEE, though.. They can be pretty cool but are just too needy for something I could do but don't want to do for them.

    Most of the time when people say they don't prefer their duals is because they're mistyped. That's the core of socionics, subtypes are almost always just a cop-out.

  12. #92
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I just don't get it, you say on the other hand you don't want to be a source of Se but also think it's your leading function that has endless energy reserves and just works automatically. I feel the same way about Si and IEE, though.. They can be pretty cool but are just too needy for something I could do but don't want to do for them.

    Most of the time when people say they don't prefer their duals is because they're mistyped. That's the core of socionics, subtypes are almost always just a cop-out.
    You're relying too much on Socionics theory. We're people first who're responsible for carving out our own lives & making the best choice. Just because I am 4D Se doesn't mean I'm relegated myself to using that energy on irresponsible IEIs. Life ain't always mechanical or absolute. You sound like someone who's relationship experience is based purely on what makes logical sense to you

    I used to have a similar take on if as yourself but, imo, it's a rigid approach. I don't have to "think" I'm SLE. I also don't subscribe to tribalism either

  13. #93
    setting your soul on fire pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    timeless traveler
    TIM
    clown™
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Admits to putting up a persona. Reframes others as too logical, too relying on socionics theory on a socionics forum.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16

  14. #94
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    You're relying too much on Socionics theory. We're people first who're responsible for carving out our own lives & making the best choice. Just because I am 4D Se doesn't mean I'm relegated myself to using that energy on irresponsible IEIs. Life ain't always mechanical or absolute. You sound like someone who's relationship experience is based purely on what makes logical sense to you

    I used to have a similar take on if as yourself but, imo, it's a rigid approach. I don't have to "think" I'm SLE. I also don't subscribe to tribalism either
    Well I've got some 20+ years of experience from a bunch of relationships but obviously yes, I try to make logical sense of them. You mention 4D Se but then don't say why you think you value it as your lead function. Why don't you use that it to subjugate them and make them more responsible, they need a firm hand to guide them back to reality. That's what aggressor victim is all about. I mean it happens pretty much automatically by just being who you are, it doesn't need to be demonstrated actively.

    Tribalism is at the core of beta, like it or not. However the point I'm making is that yes, people are individuals and don't correspond fully to archetypes (or stereotypes), and people are much more than their type But when nothing seems to fit then you would start to question how a typing was arrived at.

    It's not all just a theory, a lot of it actually works in practice as I've seen it, and it doesn't need to be overcomplicated. Types are best fit but at some point the fit is just too flimsy and needs to be re-evaluated.

  15. #95
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    Admits to putting up a persona. Reframes others as too logical, too relying on socionics theory on a socionics forum.


    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Well I've got some 20+ years of experience from a bunch of relationships but obviously yes, I try to make logical sense of them. You mention 4D Se but then don't say why you think you value it as your lead function. Why don't you use that it to subjugate them and make them more responsible, they need a firm hand to guide them back to reality. That's what aggressor victim is all about. I mean it happens pretty much automatically by just being who you are, it doesn't need to be demonstrated actively.

    Tribalism is at the core of beta, like it or not. However the point I'm making is that yes, people are individuals and don't correspond fully to archetypes (or stereotypes), and people are much more than their type But when nothing seems to fit then you would start to question how a typing was arrived at.

    It's not all just a theory, a lot of it actually works in practice as I've seen it, and it doesn't need to be overcomplicated. Types are best fit but at some point the fit is just too flimsy and needs to be re-evaluated.
    Because I don't have to, that's why.

    You still say nothing seems to fit based on what you read from me online. What I write here is one small part of the totality of who I am and what I do . Then again, continue to over analyze & overindulge Ti.

  16. #96
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Because I don't have to, that's why.
    Right, you for sure don't have to use it. But you don't really "use" your leading function, it just has an effect on people because it's what you are, it's the core of your worldview. Having an IE that is strong but you don't want to use it (especially if someone else seems needy for it) is typical for ignoring or sometimes demonstrative.

  17. #97
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Right, you for sure don't have to use it. But you don't really "use" your leading function, it just has an effect on people because it's what you are, it's the core of your worldview. Having an IE that is strong but you don't want to use it (especially if someone else seems needy for it) is typical for ignoring or sometimes demonstrative.
    Wtf makes you say I don't want to use it? I pretty much explained that I won't spend that energy on shit if it's gonna be pointless and/or taken for granted. I just won't, dude

    Besides, I use most of that energy is directed toward animal activism where my force is actually necessary, required & put to good ass use.

  18. #98
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Wtf makes you say I don't want to use it? I pretty much explained that I won't spend that energy on shit if it's gonna be pointless

    Besides, I use most of that energy is directed toward animal activism where my force is actually necessary, required & put to good ass use.
    Conservation of energy is related to Si and/or introversion. Using your base isn't going to be any kind of drain to worry about, plenty of more where that comes from.

    Yeah, also that thing about animal activism and nurturing, isn't that caregiving to the max as we're in a thread talking about erotic attitudes?

    You still say nothing seems to fit based on what you read from me online. What I write here is one small part of the totality of who I am and what I do . Then again, continue to over analyze & overindulge Ti.
    Well dude, do you value Ti or do you not? It's funny you say I overindulge in it if you're supposedly the Ti subtype. It's a forum for socionics, and on this particular one it's par for the course that everyone's type is going to be discussed.
    You have to operate on the information that's available, so far nothing you say seems to fit your type which is somewhat relevant when discussing things from the pov of a certain type.

  19. #99
    setting your soul on fire pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    timeless traveler
    TIM
    clown™
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Criticizes stereotypes. Admits to only using Se for animal activism
    Last edited by pandemic candy; 07-11-2021 at 12:56 AM.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16

  20. #100
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Conservation of energy is related to Si and/or introversion. Using your base isn't going to be any kind of drain to worry about, plenty of more where that comes from.

    Yeah, also that thing about animal activism and nurturing, isn't that caregiving to the max as we're in a thread talking about erotic attitudes?



    Well dude, do you value Ti or do you not? It's funny you say I overindulge in it if you're supposedly the Ti subtype. It's a forum for socionics, and on this particular one it's par for the course that everyone's type is going to be discussed.
    You have to operate on the information that's available, so far nothing you say seems to fit your type which is somewhat relevant when discussing things from the pov of a certain type.
    You're still typing based on what you read. You have no camera to watch me daily. You're locked into this idea about how each type is supposed to be acting. The more one overanalyzes, the more they bury themselves in it, closing themselves off to new info that might contradict their thought process.

    Notice I haven't once typed you or accused you of being another type. Whatever you've typed yourself as, is your business. Frankly, I'm not gonna spend 2 seconds typing some motherfucker on the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    Criticizes stereotypes. Admits to only using Se for animal activism

  21. #101
    setting your soul on fire pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    timeless traveler
    TIM
    clown™
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Frankly, I'm not gonna spend 2 seconds typing some motherfucker on a socionics forum but spend 4 hours explaining why I put up a fake persona.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16

  22. #102
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    Frankly, I'm not gonna spend 2 seconds typing some motherfucker on the internet but spend 4 hours explaining why I put up a fake persona.



  23. #103
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    You're still typing based on what you read. You have no camera to watch me daily. You're locked into this idea about how each type is supposed to be acting. The more one overanalyzes, the more they bury themselves in it, closing themselves off to new info that might contradict their thought process.

    Notice I haven't once typed you or accused you of being another type. Whatever you've typed yourself as, is your business. Frankly, I'm not gonna spend 2 seconds typing some motherfucker on the internet
    The stuff you're typing here is all you've provided and all you say you're going to. You've got 330 posts here, I don't think it's too bad of a start for typing based on forum presence. Overanalyzing would be going over and over the same data but you're continuously providing fresh info (albeit just text). But let's just say that your forum presence seems very Si, whatever your actual type is could be different but it's not observable if it's a persona as you said.

  24. #104
    setting your soul on fire pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    timeless traveler
    TIM
    clown™
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The more one analyzes, the more illogical one becomes. You can't type me because you've never watched me. But I won't let you watch me, because that's ego and selfish.
    Last edited by pandemic candy; 07-11-2021 at 01:27 AM.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16

  25. #105
    setting your soul on fire pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    timeless traveler
    TIM
    clown™
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't like to bury myself in old information and close myself off to new information, because I'm SLE and I don't value Ne
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16

  26. #106
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    The stuff you're typing here is all you've provided and all you say you're going to. You've got 330 posts here, I don't think it's too bad of a start for typing based on forum presence. Overanalyzing would be going over and over the same data but you're continuously providing fresh info (albeit just text). But let's just say that your forum presence seems very Si, whatever your actual type is could be different but it's not observable if it's a persona as you said.
    It's incomplete information. You don't see how I approach my job, keep my house or how I interact with others in real life. I cater my posts to the online environment for the purposes of empathy & communication. You're absolutely insist on your system of analysis but It's incorrect, incomplete & only based on your egotistical desire to prove yourself smart.

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    The more one analyzes, the more illogical one becomes. You can't type me because you've never watched me. But I won't let you watch me, because that's ego and selfish.

  27. #107
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    The stuff you're typing here is all you've provided and all you say you're going to. You've got 330 posts here, I don't think it's too bad of a start for typing based on forum presence. Overanalyzing would be going over and over the same data but you're continuously providing fresh info (albeit just text). But let's just say that your forum presence seems very Si, whatever your actual type is could be different but it's not observable if it's a persona as you said.
    Use your intelligence for something better or more worthwhile than analyzing my type

  28. #108
    setting your soul on fire pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    timeless traveler
    TIM
    clown™
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Self types as low Fi/Fe. Caters posts to the online environment for the purposes of empathy and communication.

    You don't know the REAL ME. I'm real offline. Fake online but have no egotistical desire to prove anything.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16

  29. #109
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    It's incomplete information. You don't see how I approach my job, keep my house or how I interact with others in real life. I cater my posts to the online environment for the purposes of empathy & communication. You're absolutely insist on your system of analysis but It's incorrect, incomplete & only based on your egotistical desire to prove yourself smart.
    Yeah, but who cares about housekeeping (well Si does). See, I don't get why you cater your posts for "empathy & communication". I really don't care about this stuff and I'm baffled why you, as SLE, do? Now it sounds like you're saying I'm an asshole wielding attack logic. But that was already a given, always been like that, nothing new. Why do you constantly emphasize the ethical, harmony-seeking, multiple viewpoint approach? Is this some kind of MBTI thing where one should strive to be like a harmonious yoga master that avoids "overindulging" in anything and attempts to use all the functions in perfect and well-balanced harmony? Or is it because that's the stuff you actually value?

    Use your intelligence for something better or more worthwhile than analyzing my type
    But it's amusing, and part of what makes this forum so entertaining at times. You know, it's the creative Ti that likes to be used leisurely during one's free time.

  30. #110
    setting your soul on fire pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    timeless traveler
    TIM
    clown™
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Who needs psychedelic drugs when I can just as easily experience ego death on the socionics forum

    Online is fantasy, but you should take my threads seriously
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16

  31. #111
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    Self types as low Fi/Fe. Caters posts to the online environment for the purposes of empathy and communication.

    You don't know the REAL ME. I'm real offline. Fake online but have no egotistical desire to prove anything.





    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Yeah, but who cares about housekeeping (well Si does). See, I don't get why you cater your posts for "empathy & communication". I really don't care about this stuff and I'm baffled why you, as SLE, do? Now it sounds like you're saying I'm an asshole wielding attack logic. But that was already a given, always been like that, nothing new. Why do you constantly emphasize the ethical, harmony-seeking, multiple viewpoint approach? Is this some kind of MBTI thing where one should strive to be like a harmonious yoga master that avoids "overindulging" in anything and attempts to use all the functions in perfect and well-balanced harmony? Or is it because that's the stuff you actually value?



    But it's amusing, and part of what makes this forum so entertaining at times. You know, it's the creative Ti that likes to be used leisurely during one's free time.
    When I said "keep" my house you automatically jumped to Si & presumed I use it maintain my inner state or some shit. If you saw it you'd know I don't give a fuck about Si. I never called you an asshole wielding logic or implied that stupid garbage. I don't emphasize empathy, I use it. This is a community, not a place to indulge or boost my fragile ego. I'd rather contribute to something good here, not be a selfish douche with overactive Ti.

    I used to be like you, man. That shit got boring. Its based on ego & kinda limits you to a box cognitively. It's your life, though dude. Do what you want

  32. #112
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    Who needs psychedelic drugs when I can just as easily experience ego death on the socionics forum

    Online is fantasy, but you should take my threads seriously

  33. #113
    setting your soul on fire pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    timeless traveler
    TIM
    clown™
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is a community, not a place to indulge or boost my fragile ego, even though I use a fake persona.

    Speaking of fake persona, I used to be like you, man.

    A real identity,

    But that shit got boring. Its based on ego & kinda limits you to a box cognitively so now I just cosplay and mislead / manipulate.

    Types aren't real, just your imagination.

    But take my threads seriously anyway.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16

  34. #114
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    This is a community, not a place to indulge or boost my fragile ego, even though I use a fake persona.

    Speaking of fake persona, I used to be like you, man.

    A real identity,

    But that shit got boring. Its based on ego & kinda limits you to a box cognitively so now I just cosplay and mislead / manipulate.

    Types aren't real, just your imagination.

    But take my threads seriously anyway.

  35. #115
    BandD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    12,770
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with Northstar here as usual. SLE str8 man dual. <3 @Northstar himself was so goddamn boring to me at first ((sorry bud!)) but then I'm like 'hmm wow yeah' the more he posts. Duality tends to work that way- expecting fireworks right off the gate , probably doesn't work so much like that.

    You said IEI's fantasy worlds annoyed you before or something or how we tend to just sit around and don't do anything- most SLE I know, that intrigued and mystified them instead of bothered them ((and they liked playing along with me for the most part)) - and were more drawn into it. It also gave them a victim sub to approach.

    Wanting to play some social worker or 'constructive helper' person with another person is almost always disgustingly Delta. Especially if you're actually all serious and authoritative with it. It's very Ne + Fi valuing. ((and Te + Si too really))

  36. #116
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    12,134
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some people say that SLEs are junkyard dogs.

    Some people say that SLEs are gentlemen thinkers.

    All I know is that when I told people here that I was an e8w7, no one believed me because I seemed too "nice".

    Well, fuck off.



    It's possible to be a guy who lives his life on his own principles, and still be diplomatic enough to get what he wants without appearing to be a psychopath.
    That's called being smart.

  37. #117
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I agree with Northstar here as usual. SLE str8 man dual. <3 @Northstar himself was so goddamn boring to me at first ((sorry bud!)) but then I'm like 'hmm wow yeah' the more he posts. Duality tends to work that way- expecting fireworks right off the gate , probably doesn't work so much like that.

    You said IEI's fantasy worlds annoyed you before or something or how we tend to just sit around and don't do anything- most SLE I know, that intrigued and mystified them instead of bothered them ((and they liked playing along with me for the most part)) - and were more drawn into it. It also gave them a victim sub to approach.

    Wanting to play some social worker or 'constructive helper' person with another person is almost always disgustingly Delta. Especially if you're actually all serious and authoritative with it. It's very Ne + Fi valuing. ((and Te + Si too really))
    Not playing anything. You're entitled to post whatever the fuck you want, though. All this typology romanticism is driving me to drink more. That's actually a good thing cause my alcoholism is better than reading you all being crybabies about my motherfucking personality type

  38. #118
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,070
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Some people say that SLEs are junkyard dogs.

    Some people say that SLEs are gentlemen thinkers.

    All I know is that when I told people here that I was an e8w7, no one believed me because I seemed too "nice".

    Well, fuck off.
    I believed you right away Adam. And my SLE brother is pretty nice, from my perspective.
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  39. #119
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-D
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ughhhh, god, i just got done trying to figure out what type midnightwilderness was, can we please move from stray cat and just get back to the sex stuff or whatever this thread was about.

  40. #120
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    12,134
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Not playing anything. You're entitled to post whatever the fuck you want, though. All this typology romanticism is driving me to drink more. That's actually a good thing cause my alcoholism is better than reading you all being crybabies about my motherfucking personality type

    One thing I've found is that it is rarely possible to get more than a small minority to agree with my typings. It's OK. I'm the only one who has to deal with the outcomes, good or bad.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •