Thread: What are ESTjs like in relationships? How do you express love?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Thanks, Minde. I knew it already, but I still had to ask, because knowing isn't understanding.
    Oh. You're welcome, then. Do you understand any better?
    No, I don't, not at all I mean, you didn't actually tell me anything new. I know how it works, but I still don't really _get it_. It's probably better that there remain some mysteries But you made me feel good. Sometimes repetition brings a feeling of safety and trust even in the absence of understanding.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are LSE men and ladies unhappy when partner is nice, do they want challenge?? i see LSE man who is with EII woman off and on but i think it seems to me he is thinking she acts too nice and sweet. but this is not making sense, is it not that LSE wants her Fi? Or is too nice something else? advice would be good because EII is a friend of mine and is in sad state of affairs, hurting in spite of their duality

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenoritaC View Post
    are LSE men and ladies unhappy when partner is nice, do they want challenge?? i see LSE man who is with EII woman off and on but i think it seems to me he is thinking she acts too nice and sweet. but this is not making sense, is it not that LSE wants her Fi? Or is too nice something else? advice would be good because EII is a friend of mine and is in sad state of affairs, hurting in spite of their duality
    I wouldn't know, but what comes to mind is that being nice isn't necessarily authentic. Some people like/expect honesty of what you are really feeling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she doesn't have a backbone, then he's not going to respect her. EIIs and IEEs have a tendency to turn themselves into people's doormats.

That may not be the case at all, but it's the first place my mind jumps to, since I have extensive experience making myself someone's doormat.
    IEE

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    If she doesn't have a backbone, then he's not going to respect her. EIIs and IEEs have a tendency to turn themselves into people's doormats.

That may not be the case at all, but it's the first place my mind jumps to, since I have extensive experience making myself someone's doormat.
    Yeah, that happened to me once. It was naivety in thinking that my LSE friend at the time would not exploit me by asking me to do things for him. He had this thing of trying to delegate things to friends, and then expecting that if you can't or don't want to do it you will just say no. On the other hand, my way of thinking is that I only ask for help when I truly need it, which makes me think that if someone is asking for something it's because they physically can't do it... Long story short, it's good to be a doormat at some point as an experience, because you really learn from it if the outcome turns out to be bad. These situations help you get savvier and assertive of your own wants/needs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Yeah, that happened to me once. It was naivety in thinking that my LSE friend at the time would not exploit me by asking me to do things for him. He had this thing of trying to delegate things to friends, and then expecting that if you can't or don't want to do it you will just say no. On the other hand, my way of thinking is that I only ask for help when I truly need it, which makes me think that if someone is asking for something it's because they physically can't do it... Long story short, it's good to be a doormat at some point as an experience, because you really learn from it if the outcome turns out to be bad. These situations help you get savvier and assertive of your own wants/needs.
    In my experience yes they can treat people like doormats. An LSE lady at work thinks we have a great friendship and she is CONSTANTLY getting me to do things for her, and what's even more annoying is that she expects me to drop everything that I'm doing just so I can do whatever she wants done (which is less of a priority usually). She also hovers over my desk every half hour to see how I'm going with my work etc and expects me to update her. She's not even a manager/team leader. She tells me to calm down when she's the one who obsesses over small, insignificant things. ANNOYING.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenoritaC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I wouldn't know, but what comes to mind is that being nice isn't necessarily authentic. Some people like/expect honesty of what you are really feeling.
    Yeah.... I guess first question is - are you sure of their types
    Secondly, some people are just abusive. And some people are ignorant of how they are affecting others (STs especially...).

But people who are TOO nice in a sort of Fe way, as in trying to demonstrate to me that they are nice, is a turn off and hard for me to respect. People who are genuinely nice to me in a whole hearted way, that really gets to me - in a good way. I feel protective of that, and people who are genuinely really nice to me I feel indebted to.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post

I think in a healthy situation, the caregiver actually doesn't abuse the infantile in that way. but I've seen a lot of situations where the caregiver just gets lazy and takes the easy road because they know the infantile will give in.

Unfortunately, the infantile does have to do some things to keep them in check.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ask Rick DeLong, he's an ESTj/LSE how he is in a relationship and he will tell you exactly.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics.us :: About Site

That Rick?

Oh boy.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.