Thread: Somebody uses your ignoring function, do you get bored/lethargic?

Hybrid View

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever I've been a part of a group of people that was mainly composed of alphas and deltas I have been in a constant state of irritation. They tend to love making silly jokes and doing weird things that are just unfunny to me. So I become the boring joy killer of the group and we stop hanging together at some point.
    I have quite a few ILE friends but we've learned to laugh about how unfunny they are to me.

Ne egos also tend to try to nuance everything I say (EIEs do that a lot too with their Ne dem). When this happens I just ignore it most of the time. It's very rare that I find it interesting unless maybe sometimes when it comes from an ILE.

To be honest I feel like within your dyad your dual uses your ignoring function more than you do in a way. Of course you have better mastery over it but still in a weird way it comes easier for them (I don't really know how to explain it).

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YXPR View Post
    Whenever I've been a part of a group of people that was mainly composed of alphas and deltas I have been in a constant state of irritation. They tend to love making silly jokes and doing weird things that are just unfunny to me. So I become the boring joy killer of the group and we stop hanging together at some point.
    I have quite a few ILE friends but we've learned to laugh about how unfunny they are to me.

Ne egos also tend to try to nuance everything I say (EIEs do that a lot too with their Ne dem). When this happens I just ignore it most of the time. It's very rare that I find it interesting unless maybe sometimes when it comes from an ILE.

To be honest I feel like within your dyad your dual uses your ignoring function more than you do in a way. Of course you have better mastery over it but still in a weird way it comes easier for them (I don't really know how to explain it).
    Well put. Thanks for the take

As an SLE, I don't value Ne but forums which do seem to be oversaturated with it. It's basically tons of messages of the Ne-ego variety. Because Ne & Se hinder eachother, Se is then perceived as ruining the party. I'm unapologetic with my Se. After a while, I was annoyed by that particular forum's culture. It's no secret Se-ego generally prefers real world anyway

I generally use Ne towards my dual to change things up cause the unusual can be a breath of fdesh air at times.